Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2001 7:36:33 AM EDT
Does anybody think that this is a great idea?  It all sounds a little weird to me.  George Washington didn't ride through the countryside after the revolutionary war demanding that all arms be turned in.  Sounds like a step back to tyrrany to me.

BTW - what the hell is a 300mm handgun?  Am I stupid or is this just some media-invented firearm?
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:41:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Confiscation without compensation is always a good idea. [;)]

If nothing else, it should draw plenty of noncombatants into the fray.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:03:43 AM EDT
[#2]
The Taliban had very strict gun control (with very harsh penalties), which did not scare the Afghanis too much.  They simply buried their guns, along with tape recorders and TVs.

I don't think that the citizens of Kabul will be disarmed all that easily.  They may not chose to fight it out over their guns, but they won't just give 'em up either.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:06:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Torf, I snickered at the 300mm handgun too.  I searched for the reporter's email address to ask her about it, but could not find it.  300mm is almost 1 foot!  I don't think there are many pistols that [b]long[/b].

Hey, maybe he was referring to his "other" pistol [:D]  She got hit on and didn't know it!
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 11:40:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I was picturing a 11.8 inch gun like on a battleship.  
A pistol of that caliber would launch the shooter about 35 miles downrange, while leaving a stationary bullet to fall to the ground like 200 pounds of lead.

Talk about a Hand-Cannon!
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 1:37:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah right, confiscate guns from a Afgani, sure...

Someone doesnt have much use for this world I take it...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top