Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2001 9:21:11 AM EDT
What is going [b]ON[/b] with Ebay?  Reading all the posts here about how all firearms related items going for a lot more than what they're worth has been making me want to sell some stuff there.  So, I went to sign up for an account.

However...

Upon registration for a seller's account, they want [b]full credit card information, as well as that of your checking account![/b]

Fuck that!  [-!-]

How have so many people justified signing up with these big brother requirements?
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:22:48 AM EDT
[#1]
When I signed up 3 years ago, they only required a credit card to charge the fees to. I have yet to give them my bank account.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:26:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Want to sell something for me, then?

I tried to see if I could just enter the CC info, but no.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 11:48:42 AM EDT
[#3]
What is it ?
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 12:08:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Too many people were using stolen credit card numbers so they wanted additional information to verify the identity of the person.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 2:30:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 5:05:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Tromix 50AE upper.

Let me check out this ID Verify thing, see if they're big brother too.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 8:46:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
When I signed up 3 years ago, they only required a credit card to charge the fees to. I have yet to give them my bank account.
View Quote

Ditto as of three months ago.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 9:59:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I can't find any way to sign up that doesn't require giving out way too much personal info.

I guess they just won't be getting any of my business.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top