Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:11:31 PM EDT
[#1]

It's practically non-existant here. I've heard of maybe one or two cases. The guards are generally quite good at separating potential rapists from the rest of the inmates.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#2]

I worked in a 3500 man med security prison in Fort Stockton, TX. Rape was either hid under the threat of death or it was rare among the inmates.  And why rape when there's plenty of gay inmates that get paid in commissary for service.

It's not rape to be scared of, it's the face crushing fights. I've seen fingers almost torn off, bone sticking out. Jaws caaaaved in. Inmates out in the fields wore steel toe boots. They literally stomp each others ass.

The lightest fight I remember was between two "SSI's". Think of them as trusties in Texas prison. One was only about 150lbs. The guy who hit him was around 245 and corn fed. One punch was all he got. Crushed nose and his eye was bleeding. Like always when asked what happened, " I fell out my bunk, Bossman". There was six camera's in that dorm. Not a one recorded the fight. They know where to hit someone out the camera range.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Took a guy to the infirmary the other day because he was wrestling with his cellie and ended up getting fecal matter impacted into his eurethra.

Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:16:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Worried?

Or excited?

omg i am so glad my mouth wasnt full.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:18:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Worried?

Or excited?

omg i am so glad my mouth wasnt full.

Full of what?
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:38:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I've (informally) researched this topic by talking to a lot of CO's and ex-prisoners that have been patients of mine.  I have no way of knowing how honest they were being but they at least seemed to be.

When you get in, you will be tested, probably day one.  Either one guy or a group will jump you.  You are usually attacked by your own race/ethnic group to begin with.  So if you're white, the whites will try to kick your ass.  You will have to prove you're a man to the other ethnic/racial groups as well.  Prison is very racially segregated.    

It is your duty as a man to fight back as hard and fast as you can.  This doesn't mean you won't get the shit kicked out of you or raped, but it does mean that they won't see you as a pussy to be fucked.  If you just roll over and let them fuck you then that's your reputation for the rest of your stay.

If you fight back as hard as you can, they will respect you for it.  The next time someone confronts you, a guy from the first group (white if you're white, Hispanic if you're Hispanic) that tried to or did beat you up/rape you may actually jump in to help you out.  This doesn't mean you owe him something, because he's doing it because you showed you're a man.

Don't ask for or accept favors.  Just like on the outside, no one can protect you but you.  

I was told a lot more stuff, but that's it in a nutshell.  Fucking scary place to be.  

And don't think you'll never end up there.  It doesn't matter how hard you try to keep your nose clean, shit happens.  Martha Fucking Stewart ended up in prison.  If she can end up there, so can you.  (ETA:  "Shit, this AR just doubled.")
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:44:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
  The lightest fight I remember was between two "SSI's". Think of them as trusties in Texas prison. One was only about 150lbs. The guy who hit him was around 245 and corn fed. One punch was all he got. Crushed nose and his eye was bleeding. Like always when asked what happened, " I fell out my bunk, Bossman". There was six camera's in that dorm. Not a one recorded the fight. They know where to hit someone out the camera range.

I forgot that important theme:  Never ever snitch on someone for any reason.  It won't help you anyway:  "I fell on the broom handle.  You guys should put a warning label on these things."  

I talked with a CO (or whatever they call them) from Texas.  That guy had some pretty scary stories.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I hear jokes about it all the time, but I want to hear from guys who have worked in prisons... is it really a common occurrence?

I'm sure it happens sometimes, but does everybody in prison have to watch out for their cornhole or is it just something that's blown out of proportion?

It expanded my horizons
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:48:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I doubt that it is as bad as these arfcommers like to fantasize.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:49:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I've heard that it happens less in federal prisons.

Have also heard that this was an American thing and that rape and hard time was rare in European countries and also Canada.

Only because most of the prison sex is consensual there.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Read something a couple years ago that said statistically MEN are twice as likely to be raped as women if you count the prison system.

In the USA, the highest suicide statistic is: White males, 18 to 30, in prison for non-violent crimes. Go figure it out.

I knew a guy who is in that statistic. White, 28 years old, in prison for selling marijuana. Killed himself because he'd been raped and the guards wouldn't do anything about it. Him trying to get them to help made it worse (snitch).

Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I worked in 2 state prisons in ohio and say that most "rapes" were consential. most were you do me and i do you. one guy gets his then the other refuses to give back so the other guy claims he was raped. happened all the time. out of 4 yrs and 2 prisons i only saw one incident of actual rape. Even had a case of son and dad in same cell and daddy was caught giving son a hummer.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I hope they go for the young tight ones and leave old men alone?

Just in case.            
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Isn't prison rape supposed to be the punishment part of your sentence?

Afterall, what is so scary about having your own private 5x10?

We don't sentence people to be raped.

We have a little thing called the 8th amendment.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:02:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I would bet woman get raped more then men, by guards and such.

You'd lose.  These days,  there's not a square inch of a typical prison or jail that isn't under camera surveillance 100 percent of the time.

CJ
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:04:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Had a good motorcycle riding buddy of mine that was/is a Tennessee State prison guard. Plenty of good stories. Pretty much told me the only control he had was keeping them from going over the wall and you could get someone's ass beaten to within an inch of their life for a orange soda and a moon pie.

My buddy could not also stand the smell of hot butter. Seems the prisoners would smuggle pats of butter back to the cell and use it as a sexual lubricant. "Nothing like the smell of hot butter and shit" he would use to say.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Had another guy whose hose for his colostomy bag kept coming out of his side....when the nurse asked him why it kept coming out, he replied "cuz of sex." At first, she didn't believe him, and said "That's not possible, you're sewn up down there" but then she realized that 'down there' wasn't the point of entry.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Had another guy whose hose for his colostomy bag kept coming out of his side....when the nurse asked him why it kept coming out, he replied "cuz of sex." At first, she didn't believe him, and said "That's not possible, you're sewn up down there" but then she realized that 'down there' wasn't the point of entry.

Ok, you win.  You win the prize for nastiest prison sex story ever.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, you win.  You win the prize for nastiest prison sex story ever.

Yay!!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

That is sick.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:13:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I worked with a con on work release he said blood on my knife or shit on my dick

That was from Shawshank redemption...
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:17:46 PM EDT
[#25]
small town armed robbery, we went to high school with this guy. sentenced to 10 ? years at stillwater state prison, 3 black men put him face down in a trash can, and then took turns on him. between the muti-rape, and asperating on the garbage, his mother pleaded with the judge to help get him help... he did get out early, but relocated because of local small town gossip...  shit happens!
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:23:57 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
small town armed robbery, we went to high school with this guy. sentenced to 10 ? years at stillwater state prison, 3 black men put him face down in a trash can, and then took turns on him. between the muti-rape, and asperating on the garbage, his mother pleaded with the judge to help get him help... he did get out early, but relocated because of local small town gossip...  shit happens!

Suck that it happened to him, but if he hadn't committed armed robbery, it never would have happened.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:28:40 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Took a guy to the infirmary the other day because he was wrestling with his cellie and ended up getting fecal matter impacted into his eurethra.

Whos gonna MS Paint this one?
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:29:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:33:01 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Read something a couple years ago that said statistically MEN are twice as likely to be raped as women if you count the prison system.

In the USA, the highest suicide statistic is: White males, 18 to 30, in prison for non-violent crimes. Go figure it out.

We had to go to a mental health , ect. meeting and quite a few of the people giving briefs stated that more men are raped in the US than women, it just isn't as reported... Don't know if they included corrections system... Of course I asked, if it isn't reported, then how do you know?  
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#30]
This thread is worthless without pics!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:34:31 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't feel like reading everyones post, so I'm posting blind. Speaking for the state of Texas. Yes it does happen, but not like in the movies. It is actually getting pretty rare, at least at the unit I work at. Since the introduction of P.R.E.A. (Prison Rape Elimination Act) as part of the Safe Prisons Program as mandated by ACA. Things have become more shall I say calm in some sense. I believe mostly in part due to the fact that it really has more to do with Mental Patients living in the general pop, that are getting more treatment now than they were before. If I answered your question good, if not Have fun in Prison, and don't drop the soap.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Suck that it happened to him, but if he hadn't committed armed robbery, it never would have happened.

"Why does this rifle keep doubling and why are those nice policemen coming this way?"

Nasty divorce:  "And he was touching the children 'down there'."

"She was at a college party!  How was I supposed to know she wasn't old enough??"

Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:42:21 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
When I worked as a CO at a med/max state facility, there seemed to be enough willing partners such that few forcible acts occurred (that we knew of).

I will agree with above. Lots of guys/gals willing to give it up freely so that rape isn't happening all the time. But it does happen. In my 3 years working in Corrections only a handful of rapes and sexual assaults that I was aware of.    
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:45:09 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Why does this rifle keep doubling and why are those nice policemen coming this way?"

"She was at a college party!  How was I supposed to know she wasn't old enough??"

Are you implying that it's possible that this shit bird accidentally walked into a store, accidentally held up a gun or knife or other weapon and then accidentally uttered words that sounded similar to give me all your money?

Granted, I don't know any of the story, so I may be totally off.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:46:15 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
When I worked as a CO at a med/max state facility, there seemed to be enough willing partners such that few forcible acts occurred (that we knew of).

I will agree with above. Lots of guys/gals willing to give it up freely so that rape isn't happening all the time. But it does happen. In my 3 years working in Corrections only a handful of rapes and sexual assaults that I was aware of.    

In theory that may be true, as far as Texas goes there is no such thing as consensual sex in prison all are treated as rape, or sexual assault.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:46:58 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
img59.imageshack.us/img59/7967/prisonrapewd6.jpg

lol just when you thought MS paint had outlived its usefulness.....
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:48:38 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

or if he went out shooting it wouldnt have happened either.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:49:45 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Worried?

+1
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:51:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Prison rape is so disturbing that we should kill everyone in prison to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you implying that it's possible that this shit bird accidentally walked into a store, accidentally held up a gun or knife or other weapon and then accidentally uttered words that sounded similar to give me all your money?

Granted, I don't know any of the story, so I may be totally off.

You don't have to rob a bank to end up in prison.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:53:41 PM EDT
[#44]
I think we should eliminate the whole concept of prisons entirely, and instead we should just banish felons from society permanently.

How we should do this is find a sizable island in the Pacific someplace, and just dump the convicts there.  The place should be big enough to hold a few million people, and should have enough potential cropland that they could grow their own food so they wouldn't starve.  But other than that, their survival would depend entirely on them.

We patrol the surrounding waters with Navy ships to make sure no one ever gets off, and that's it.

Aside from the ships, which are already in the Navy budget anyway, it doesn't cost us one dime to incarcerate these people.  And no more arguments about death penalty either - they're just banished forever.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:01:46 PM EDT
[#46]
If we ever plan on letting convicts back out into society, we better teach them law and order. Having prison be a environment of unescapable chaos does not make for good citizens. All prisoners learn is that they have to violate someone in order to keep from being violated. Then we let them out.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#47]
I work with a foreign dude, I haven't figured out exactly where he's from.
One of the EuroStans but I'm not sure. (I think he's a hadji)

On a job a couple of weeks ago, I put my arm around his shoulders to give him a little "friendly" advice because he was fucking up.
The dude flipped out.

I found out later from one of his buddies that he had been raped in Lebanese jail.

Now, the last thing I wanted was to give somebody a man-rape flashback but since he's an asshole, he get's called "Bunky" whenever I see him.
I don't think he's figured it out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I think we should eliminate the whole concept of prisons entirely, and instead we should just banish felons from society permanently.

How we should do this is find a sizable island in the Pacific someplace, and just dump the convicts there.  The place should be big enough to hold a few million people, and should have enough potential cropland that they could grow their own food so they wouldn't starve.  But other than that, their survival would depend entirely on them.

We patrol the surrounding waters with Navy ships to make sure no one ever gets off, and that's it.

Aside from the ships, which are already in the Navy budget anyway, it doesn't cost us one dime to incarcerate these people.  And no more arguments about death penalty either - they're just banished forever.

I believe that was done once and created Australia and French Guyana.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:16:49 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Have also heard that this was an American thing and that rape and hard time was rare in European countries and also Canada.

A lot less African-American prisoners over there.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#50]

I believe that was done once and created Australia and French Guyana.

One out of two ain't bad.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top