Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/5/2001 11:23:19 AM EDT
IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION THAT THE GROUP PURCHASE RIFLE "SPECS" INCLUDE NICKEL PLATING...ACTUALLY A LOT OF NICKEL PLATING AS IN A BLACK AND SEMI CHROME LOOKING MONSTROUSITY...A COLLECTOR SO TO SAY...I, PERSONALLY DO NOT WANT ANY PART OF A WALL HANGER...WHAT IS EVERYONE ELSE OPINION???

PERSONALLY...I WANT A SHOOTER...M4GERY WITH A CARRY HANDLE OR W/O 14.5 WITH A BRAKE OR 16 WITH A BRAKE...FIXED COLLAPSABLE OR A2 DOESNT MATTER...BUT A NICKEL PLATED AR15...COME ON...IS IT JUST ME? I KNOW I CAME INTO THIS GROUP PURCHASE THING IN THE MIDDLE OR SORTS...BUT A NICKEL AR???

ANYBODY ELSE WITH AN OPINION????
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Well if you don't like it then you don't have to sign up.

Myself and most of the people on here I would say have enough AR's, and don't need aunthor one around just to shoot. If we are getting something we want it to be a truely special one of a kind piece like no other. Personally I like the Bushy 20th aniversary models.

If you want to go blow rounds then get a DPMS, probably be cheaper than the group configured one in the first place.

Jack
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#2]
...don't worry, won't happen.
(look at the majority)
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#3]
The plated parts don't make a bit of difference to me.  Creating a unique AR at a very low price is the goal.  If it's a shooter you want at a very low price, then the plated parts can be removed & replaced very easily.   For now Bushmaster says they won't add to the price which I should have in a few days.

Grin
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey folks........its like G&B said.

"The goal is to create a unique rifle at a reasonable price."

Most probably would not like the plating (its not exactly MCOT either) but, I am more than willing to accept some "frills" in order to get a BM AR15.com weapon.

Price folks.........price.

If you want to mod it back to spec then go for it afterwards.  Will cost you little of nothing and you can still assist the rest by keeping the numbers of rifles ordered high enough to get the price we all are looking for.

Lay off....okay?
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 1:04:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Does all this include a 20 rd mag with the ar15 logo on it? Now that would be cool.
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#6]
To swap these frilly little nickle plated parts out...basically I have to buy a lower parts kit and a few upper ones too...add another $40-70 to the cost of this "special" Bushmaster AR15.COM edition...all along I thought the idea was to get a special rifle...an AR15.COM rifle at a great cost...What I really want is a shooter...something I can take to the range and shoot for years to come and pass on...now it seems like this is going to crap...hey and whats the "lay-off" crap...pardon me for being so D*mned opinionated...but frilly little rifles hit me at gut level...
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 2:03:43 PM EDT
[#7]
IAJack,

I beg your pardon. I want a rifle to shoot, not to fondle. The nickle plating is a silly-ass frill. If the goal was to purchase a "frameable" then it should have been made known to the group upfront.
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 2:47:13 PM EDT
[#8]
DocK: We tried to read all your minds before the idea came up & then approached the mfgrs.

The purpose was stated right up front, maybe with 8 posts you missed it. Pool purchasing power to get low price, unique to AR15.com, low price, good quality, low price, rifle that will hold value, low price. Did I forget low price? Some fondle, some shoot, some frame etc  Some like plating some don't.  The majority is what we will go with.

Link Posted: 3/5/2001 2:54:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Which parts will be plated???

Can the weapon still be fired??

Link Posted: 3/5/2001 3:07:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Grin...

The few parts that are to be plated is acceptable..It would look nice and not tacky..

Like you said.. If someone dosent like the nickel plate parts, they can remove them..  It's not like they are plating the whole body...

I have many plain black shooters..  I want something special...

Thanks...
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#11]
A shiny AR!  COOL!  I may want two.
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 4:42:42 PM EDT
[#12]
XM15 E2S M4 Type 16in Carbine
Part No: PCWA2X 14M4MY
Our Price: Call your FFL Dealer for Price
Shipping $12.00 Click here to view large image

A new model from Bushmaster, this XM15 E2S M4 Type Post-Ban Carbine features a lightweight 14.5" Barrel machined in the distinctive M4 profile with a permanently attached Mini Y Comp muzzle brake. This configuration yields a total barrel length of 16" to comply with Post-Ban regulations. A BATF approved fixed tele-style buttstock is added to complete the military look of this new carbine. The 14.5" barrel is chrome lined in both bore and chamber for maximum longevity and ease of maintenance. The barrel's button rifling, in a 1 x 9" right hand twist, will stabilize a wide range of currently available ammunition with bullet weights up to 69 grains. The M16A2 dual aperture, rear sight system offers both windage and elevation adjustments - elevation is calibrated from 300 to 800 meters. The two different apertures give either a short range, quick target acquisition sight picture or a smaller “peep” aperture for long distance accuracy. The tele-stock style buttstock is pinned and fixed in an “open” position and has been BATF approved for use on Post-Ban manufactured carbines.  
As with all other Bushmasters, the forged 7075T6 aircraft quality aluminum receivers are finished in a non-reflective mil. spec. hard anodize for durability, and include all M16A2 design improvements such as cartridge case deflector, last round bolt hold-open and raised ridges for magazine release button protection. A mil. spec. manganese phosphate coating insures complete protection against corrosion or rust on barrel and other exposed steel parts of the weapon. The M4-16 Carbine is shipped in a lockable, hard plastic case - complete with 10 round magazine, carrying sling, and Operator's Safety and Instruction Manual.

Link Posted: 3/5/2001 4:56:17 PM EDT
[#13]
XM15 E2S M4 Type 16in Carbine .....The Remnant
sugestion.

Humm, not bad.  

Any how, I say just let G&B get the $$$ and tell us what config it was that they quoted.  It'll be this time next year if keep on saying "add this, add that.  This would be cool" before we even start to order!!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 5:10:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes that is what we wanted when this group purchase was started. If you go back and read the very first post all this was mentioned. This is a chance for us all to get a one of a kind AR15 that would become a collecters item the minute we received it. They will still shoot just like the others and if you want to shoot it what is the problem with a little nickel plating on them
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 5:47:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Maybe we all can chip in a few dollars more and buy the president of the NRA one of these rifles and have him hold IT over his head at the next meeting. What do ya think about that?
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#16]
[img]http://www.bushmaster.com/documents/news/special-forces/index.3.jpg[/img]

It would be like this, without the carry handle!

ELEFTARIA:  "I'LL GO WITH ANY BARREL LENGTH AND STOCK BUT NICKEL PLATING IS PUSHING IT"

Just where in California are you going to go with it? Sorry,  I just couldn't help myself.  I'm sorry a lot of you out there may be left out!
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 9:27:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Nickel plated parts is ok ... not really needed but a nice touch. BUT ... I draw the line at pearl grips. [:D]
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 9:55:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Stainless would be alright, but leave the nickle plate B.S. to pimps and prostitutes. An AR is meant to be shot, not just looked at! Just make mine a plain ol' M4, preferably in A3 configuration. If I want it shiny, I can buy a can of Krylon Kentucky Krome for 99 cents.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 10:25:28 PM EDT
[#19]
I wouldn't buy a nickle trimmed AR, wouldn't match the boots!(neither would my alter ego, who is one the Yes List.)

Mall Ninja-Nickel Plated Millennium Edition-Void Where Prohibited
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 6:10:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Gecko45: "I wouldn't buy a nickle trimmed AR..."
You have the option of saving a few hundred with the group purchase or paying a lot more for black parts on your own to match your ego.

No matter what the final config there will be people that will not like it & demand it be changed or their style added. If there are enough of them perhaps another smaller group purchase may be in order....for those who stay CIVIL.

ELEFTARIA:  Your son is lucky, to have a father who will buy him this AR AND lives where he can have it.  Maybe you should buy a second for the time(s) you escape!
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 6:25:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Grin&Barrett

I just want to express thanks for all the work you have put into this so far and continue to put into it. I am anxious to hear price and see what the final results are.

Link Posted: 3/6/2001 7:00:25 AM EDT
[#22]
so what is the engraving going to look like?

i will volunteer to make an artfile that is lazer ready.

i vote for a picture of Sara Brady
or this:
[img]http://thematrix.acmecity.com/one/40/ar15snake.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 7:02:25 AM EDT
[#23]
doc_Zox,
That rocks!
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 7:17:04 AM EDT
[#24]
doc_Z

If we use a lazer engraving we will have to have the artwork to supply to the mfgr.

Ed doesn't have an "official" Ar15.com logo
so any help you can give would be appreciated.

I like it too, especially on a Bushmaster.  Now for the flood of "I want" "How about"  Let's have some more ideas.
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 7:34:54 AM EDT
[#25]
this seems to self referencial:
[img]http://thematrix.acmecity.com/one/40/logobwar15.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 7:51:44 AM EDT
[#26]
but this would really be awesome!!!!:
[img]http://thematrix.acmecity.com/one/40/rosielogo.jpg[/img]
[}:d]
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 8:36:59 AM EDT
[#27]
This is more of what I was gearing towards...

The globe signifies the internet, as it is an international "communications" symbol.

[img]http://www.castle-arms.com/pix/ar15com-logo.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 8:47:29 AM EDT
[#28]
I like the snake one the best. That's great Doc Zox!

Kyle
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 9:01:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Keep in mind if we go with Bushmaster there would be a snake already on the other side.
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 9:04:25 AM EDT
[#30]
...and a picture of an AR engraved into an AR is pretty damned weird if you ask me!
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 9:08:02 AM EDT
[#31]
This sounds really cool.  With our purchasing power, we ought to be able to get a great price.  Who cares about the nickel?  I think a unique weapon is the way to go . . . of course, I'm just a junior member.  Just KEEP THE PRICE DOWN AND WE WILL BUY IT!!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 9:14:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Remnant:

We all have a right to our opinions of course.

Not trying to offend you or others who may dislike the shiney parts.

My logic is this:  I like the idea of an unheard of low price for an A3 M4 from Bushmaster......I like the rarity of an AR15.com special edition.

Did I mention price?

To me its kinda like some car dealer telling me that his 2001 Vettes that normally run $35 grand are on sale for $25 grand but the only colors available are pink, chartreuse and lime green.

I mean really.............I could drive a pink Vette for such a deal.

I just hate to see a little dissagreement destroy such a good deal and a rare opportunity.

Link Posted: 3/6/2001 9:26:44 AM EDT
[#33]
As stated when I said yes to this deal, ANY config is fine for the price that is being kicked around, I have other AR's and the idea of one with the nickle is intriguing!!  I still can't seem to visualize what it would look like from the only pics. I have seen from the pic above, I'm checking the mail every day waiting for the actual catalog I ordered from BM hoping there is a pic that is somewhat representative of what we're referring to.  I'm curious how long it would be before a few of these started showing up in the equip exchange, and what they would be worth then!!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 9:45:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Suggestion: add "Molon Labe" to the graphics.

Come and get it! [BD]
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#35]
It sounds like there's an issue with nickel plating.

Well...how about GOLD plating?  THAT would look REALLLY nice. U-all would be the talk of the range [:D]

VOTE FOR GOLD PLATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 10:04:36 AM EDT
[#36]
like this?
[img]http://thematrix.acmecity.com/one/40/molonlabebw.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 10:49:58 AM EDT
[#37]
I think the snake and AR is cool.  Fits well into the Bushy/AR theme.  antiUSSA....what are you thinking.  I never pictured you for the softy symbolic type.
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 11:21:51 AM EDT
[#38]
doc, those are some great logo ideas!

I like the snake/AR one the best.  I think it will go great with the BM snake.

Also, for the record, I think the idea of the nickel highlights is a awesome.
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 11:42:34 AM EDT
[#39]
MOLONE LABE!

That's the perfect logo!

Use it!

It has much better symbolism that a snake on each side. The second snake will look like a cheaper copy(not saying it's badly drawn), but a different snake, drawn in 2 different styles will look silly. I would love a gun that has a stamp/engraving saying "come and take them".

Big vote for Molon Labe 2001!!!

please!
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 12:11:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Here's another thought, although I personally feel [i]any[/i] logo will be overkill!

[img]http://www.castle-arms.com/pix/ar15com-logo-2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 12:46:54 PM EDT
[#41]
I can hear it at the range already....

"Get rid of that chrome plated sissy rifle and get yourself a Bushy!!"

Nuckles
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 12:47:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Can you imagine how completely pissed Rosie O' would be if she knew there were ass-ault rifles with her picture on them?
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 1:12:15 PM EDT
[#43]
YES YES YES YES!!!!  Can you imagine a Rosie Commiepig O'Donell commemorative AR-15???.  It would be the coolest thing on the range. I would pay for that.  That would be too f%^$&^n awesome for words!  A picture of Rosie with "AR-15.com Special Edition" engraved on the magwell.  It would be like kicking her in her fat a$$ AND and spitting in her cowlike face all in one fell swoop.  
Come on guys,  it would be the coolest . . .

Ballsy

Link Posted: 3/6/2001 1:28:40 PM EDT
[#44]
[b]I think this is where we may be for the final engraving solution...[/b]

The basis for this is, that we don't really have a viable logo to work with and now's not the time to create something just for the sake of carving it into a custom built rifle -- we aint Winchester!

[img]http://www.castle-arms.com/pix/final-logo.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 2:03:52 PM EDT
[#45]
antiUSSA,
    I like the logo directly above!!!!!  

I can just imagine next year when the next group purchase says " Limited Edition 2002"  and the next one that says " Limited Edition 2003"  and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on.....................
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 3:33:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Looks good Anti.
[img]http://www.castle-arms.com/pix/final-logo.jpg[/img][/quote]
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 3:53:56 PM EDT
[#47]
antiUSSA,

I like the last logo, kind of "understated" elegance.  

FWIW, I don't mind small parts being nickel plated, but I think the upper and lower should be basic black.  I don't want a pimp's gun, just a limited edition one. :)

On another topic, did anyone say how all the potential purchasers would be notified of the final configuration, price, and payment arrangements?  I'm trying to make sure the order doesn't go without me. :)
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Consider having 'MOLONE LABE' below ar15.com to complete the other half of a circle look in the logo posted by anti.

'2001 Limited Edition' is the top half of circle.
AR15.com in the middle.
'Molone Labe' is the bottom half of the circle
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 4:50:29 PM EDT
[#49]
How about the logo above, except with "home of the AR15 rifle" -as in the page logo  completing the circle, with the numbers inside?  I'm not at my graphics station or I would do it

I think a mag well logo or stencil would be really kewl, be the best pimped out AR's around!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 8:23:02 PM EDT
[#50]
I like the Logo Anti. Can't wait to get my hands on one. Thanks for all the hard work.

[beer]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top