Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2001 5:06:19 AM EDT
                         have you never seen any SPECOPS guys pictures taken in Afganistan on the net ?

PP out

Link Posted: 11/13/2001 8:51:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I havent seen anything on the net but on the local news they were showing video taken by Afgahns that showed US troops hiking sround. Looks like they didnt have any support coz they were carrying ALOT of gear. I would guess these were Spec ops with no one else to help coz it was a small group of guys
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:03:25 AM EDT
[#2]
We used to call them Special Ops guys, ghosts....You don't see them but they are there.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:41:35 AM EDT
[#3]
OK,thanks.
There are some pictures in the British newspapers, in the last days,taken in Afganistan about a brit S.A.S. LRRP.
At my eyes they seems to me to be americans but......
PP out
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 12:06:58 PM EDT
[#4]
The only things I've seen are the nifty Gulf-War redux pics of bombs hitting their targets through the FLIR view.  The media is being totally managed, they have no independent voice.  It bugs me that they use "operational security" as a guise for censorship.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 1:09:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Your not supposed to see them......

Besides, I kind of like not having the media broadcasting everything we do. It's not censorship but intelligent management of the battlefield as a whole. If CNN broadcasts us clearing a town or complex with orders for no prisoners. The islamic extremists could use that against us to enrage muslims that would otherwise be passive. The way things are now. We can "take off the PC gloves" and spank the piss out of the Taliban anytime the mood strikes us.[:D]

Now do you still consider that censorship or the high speed, low drag way to end a conflict?

Link Posted: 11/13/2001 1:27:44 PM EDT
[#6]
No pics on the net...there was a MSNBC special the other night. Spec. ops were on the deck of one of the carriers firing collapsible M4's "my guess" but they had targets set-up on the end of the ship shooting semi auto at HUMAN silohettes (sic)...

Make no mistake...they have guns...and are using them. brrrrrrrap!brrrrrrrrrap!

Who's next? [b]IRAQ[/b]  [[:)]

right on..
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top