Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 11/12/2001 10:17:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 10:42:52 PM EDT
I love the American Ideal, individual liberty and responsibility commensurate with that liberty. This "war on terrorism" scares hell out of me, though. That "terror bill" the Pres. just signed makes a mockery of any rights you might have thought we still had. It has the potential to turn us into exactly what we were fighting nearly 60 years ago. You'll recall, Chancellor Hitler started out with a "war on terrorism," after the Reichstag Fire. He said "Give me the strong laws I need, give me the power to crush these terrorists." And they did. Now is the time, like no other in memory, for the Unorganized Militia to be vigilant and prepared to defend America and the American Way.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 10:49:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 10:52:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 11:03:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 11:05:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By tattoo:
Originally Posted By kpel308: At least you're Madison, WA, and not Madison, WI. God bless you, keep you, and give you the ability to succeed.
View Quote
im not flamming but whats wrong with madison wi? i live just north of madison and work in it.
View Quote
Madison WI is bastion of liberal thought like Berkeley or San Francisco Calif. Personally for me, I am very patriotic. I participate in government process whenever I can. For example, if I get a notice for jury duty, I'm right there. I campaign for the local & state political candidates.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 11:07:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 11:08:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 11:18:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/12/2001 11:14:57 PM EDT by kpel308]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 11:24:45 PM EDT
This is my country...period. I am faithful to America with every fiber of my being. I am often mved nearly to tears just by seeing our flag. Independence day, I don't call it 4th of July, I'ts not just a day for BBQ's, brings me nearly to tears out of pride. Don't listen to these people who sit & whine because they have to show an extra form of ID at the DMV (we have no freedom!!!) They have no knowledge of the rest of the world. America is just beautiful, I'm as patriotic as they come (and not in that crazed anti government kind of way)
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 11:24:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/12/2001 11:19:16 PM EDT by tattoo]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 11:25:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 11:44:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Madison: I love the American Ideal, individual liberty and responsibility commensurate with that liberty. This "war on terrorism" scares hell out of me, though. That "terror bill" the Pres. just signed makes a mockery of any rights you might have thought we still had. It has the potential to turn us into exactly what we were fighting nearly 60 years ago. You'll recall, Chancellor Hitler started out with a "war on terrorism," after the Reichstag Fire. He said "Give me the strong laws I need, give me the power to crush these terrorists." And they did. Now is the time, like no other in memory, for the Unorganized Militia to be vigilant and prepared to defend America and the American Way.
View Quote
I love America even if there are knee jerks like this that would have us fight each other.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 11:48:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 4:32:16 AM EDT
Hell yeah! But I love the country, not the government. Our government has gotten so far away from the ideals set down by our FF that it probably needs to be abolished and remade from the ground up. Now I can't wait for Dave_G and his loonie crew to show up. He'll be saying such crazy things as "get out in the 'real world'", "lib is just an insane immature 'boy'", yadda yadda yadda. He seems to have his head up his ass, esp. when it comes to those ideals that the FF's have set down.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 4:34:28 AM EDT
My country, Tis of thee.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 4:35:40 AM EDT
sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing; land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside let freedom ring. My native country, thee, land of the noble free, thy name I love; I love thy rocks and rills, thy woods and templed hills; my heart with rapture thrills like that above. Let music swell the breeze, and ring from all the trees sweet freedom's song; let mortal tongues awake, let all that breathe partake, let rocks their silence break, the sound prolong. Our fathers' God, to thee, author of liberty, to thee we sing; long may our land be bright with freedom's holy light; protect us by thy might, great God, our King.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 4:36:40 AM EDT
[b]YEAH BA-A-A-A-B-Y!!!![/b]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 4:55:01 AM EDT
I love this country and I love our form of government. It's not perfect, but it's better than anything else that has ever been tried.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 6:07:38 AM EDT
I do....Land that I love....and it's my home sweet home.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 6:14:19 AM EDT
I love my country, but I fear many of those now running my government. To the question - I'm downright an American snob. I think America is the greatest country that theh world and all of human history has ever known. I think MANY other nations suck. There's not another place in the world I would want to live. And I welcome ALL the worlds population here, IF they too wish to love MY Constitution, and fight to defend it. Otherwise, leave. Go away. Go back to relative poverty, slavery and obscurity that can be found SO many other places. yeah, i love my country, almost to a fault.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 6:42:28 AM EDT
Man this could be a subject that you could write a thesis on. But I'll keep it short. I might BE WRONG but I think there is difference between "country" and "government". To be cliche' "I love my country, but I fear my government". Matter of fact as I posted 2 months ago I fear my government more then I fear that towel head over in the mid east. I believe that the government will do me more harm both financially and physically then the camel jockey. JMHO
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 6:54:31 AM EDT
LOVE THIS COUNTRY. Dont want some Goverment jerk making all my decisions for me.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 7:12:16 AM EDT
I love my country, but could do without about 90% of the federal government. Jay Arizona
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 7:21:08 AM EDT
why ask? do you really think someone's going to answer "no"?
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 8:37:41 AM EDT
NO!! I don't! [:D]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:26:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/13/2001 9:20:55 AM EDT by jhasz]
Um, Love this country? Why do you ask? Do I love that I can travel anywhere across this land from the northernmost tip of Maine, to the southernmost part of Texas, from the Top of Alaska, to the Gold Coast of california? without having to ask permission? Do I love the fact that I, a mostly uneducated man (at least by some standards) without letters behind my name, have managed to make it into the top 5% of wage earners in this country? Do I love it that should the urge move me, I can decide, without recrimination from anyone (other than my mother-in-law) change the career path I've chosen? or move to another location more to my liking? Do I love the mountains of Colorado, the lakes of Minnesota, the fiords of Washington, the endless waves of grain growing in the summer in the midwest? And do I enjoy the peace and freedom of worship in the manner I see fit? By all accounts I certainly do! And while [b]you[/b] may not think that my opinion is correct, and I may not think yours is correct - I'll still stand next to you to defend your right to have that opinion (as wrong as it may be [;)]) Lord, I do so love this country. Of course, there are some things we could improve, but the foundation is still there... Let's get to work!
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 11:07:58 AM EDT
Love America? You bet I do! Spend time in almost any other country and you'll want to kiss the ground when you step off the plane! As we said in the 70's "America, Love or Leave It!" Cheers[USA]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 11:08:36 AM EDT
I live in Arcata, CA. If you've never heard of Arcata, think Berkeley, but smaller, with more trees. Hardly a day has gone by since Sep. 11 that I havent' seen some kind of protest or hunger strike or some other silliness on the quad here at HSU, being put on by the hippies who don't have a clue. They see me walking around w/ a Coast Guard t-shirt, and they trying to make me feel bad about serving my country. They criticize me for being in the military before they know what I even DO in the Coast Guard (In investigate oil and chemical spills, something the eco-freaks should APPROVE of, right?). I've given up on trying to explain myself to them. I just say "Love it or leave it. Personally, I'M STAYING!" Thank God I only have another year of school here, then I can leave and move someplace where people can appreciate the country that gave them everything that they hold dear.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 11:38:21 AM EDT
I love my country. I love the ideals under which it was established. I just wish humanity was up to the demands those ideals place on us. Unfortunately, far too many people "don't want to get involved", which allows those few who are [i]certain[/i] they know what's best for us, or worse are [i]convinced[/i] that they're doing what God would do if He just understood what was going on, to sidestep, end run, and bulldoze those ideals. It seems a singular trait of humanity that the majority just want someone to be in charge, and a tiny minority want to [i]be[/i] the someone in charge. This country was established by a rarer type, the ones who understand that some structure is required, but that structure should be as small as possible. Of course as soon as they got the structure set up, that tiny minority got themselves elected and viola! - the structure started having new wings added on to it. I love my country. I love the ideals under which it was established. I do not love the fact that it has strayed so far from those ideals and shows no indication of moving back to them. But having said all of that, it is still the best place in the world, and I wouldn't live anywhere else.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 11:51:31 AM EDT
I love my country, It's MY country. I love Italy. The food there is delicious. I love England. London's alot of fun. I love The Czech Republic -Good beer. I love Brazil. Those women.... I love Japan. They make good Godzilla movies. I love Canada. Whistler is a great mountain, and Banff is lovely. I love Scotland. It's pretty darn cool. I love Holland. Amsterdam.
Top Top