BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/11/2001 7:37:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Standing on my rooftop in Brooklyn watching the whole thing.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 7:44:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 7:47:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Had just got up and decided to turn on the Today Show for some reason.  I hadn't turned on the tv in the morning for a long time before this, but half awake I flipped it on just minutes after the first plane hit and they had the camera on the building.

Saw the second plane hit live on tv.  At that point I figured what might be happening.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 7:48:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Trying to get an extra twenty minutes of sleep before I had to get ready to go to class. Wondering why the phone was ringing off the hook.  Finally picked it up and turned on the news.  The rest is history.  Still had to go to class, sitting in class taking a test wondering what the hell was going on.  Then they decided to close campus.  
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 7:50:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I had just gotten to work and sat down at my desk, when one of my co-workers told me a plane crashed into the WTC.  I thought he was trying to make a joke 'cause I was listening to the news/talk station on the way to work, and they hadn't said anything about it.  Went upstairs to the nearest TV and watched the cable news reports for the next hour or so.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 7:52:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Same as Lazyshooter, got up, turned on CNN for no particular reason. First tower had been hit. On the way to work, second tower hit. I felt very angry, and very helpless at the same time. A bad day all around, I'll never forget it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 7:53:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I usually work nights, and had just gotten home and fallen asleep on the reclining sofa. A friend called and said that someone had just crashed a plane into the WTC. I thought she meant a little cessna or something, and went back to sleep. She called back a few minutes later and said, "no, dude, this is for real, and this is big." I didn't get back to sleep for a couple of days.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:02:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Was at work, my first day of being day shift, was skimming this board and saw a post about the first plane hitting.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:07:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Was about to leave for work when turned on tv to see the second plane hit the WTC live. Still went to work and had to try and work and watch the horror on tv. Felt sick all day. Has changed my life, attitude, future, world for the rest of my life. [b]WILL NEVER FORGET[/b]

Lethal
"God Bless America"
[USA]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:08:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Sitting in bed watching CBS when the first plane hit. When the second plane hit, for a second I thought it was a replay of the first plane.

Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:10:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:17:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I was driving from the boonies to Phoenix with a truck load of guns and ammunition.  I heard about it on the radio while changing tapes (my radio works maybe 5% of the time) and realized that this was neither a good day to be driving TO a large city nor a day I wanted to risk getting stopped.  
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:18:06 PM EDT
[#13]
    I work third shift, so I was sleeping in bed.  I did not find out about everything untill I got up at 4 PM.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:21:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Was just off work, and was at the local package store(l'il Obama's one) , and was buying a twelve pack. L'il Obama and I almost took it out to the parking lot.
 Went home and polished off the stuff. Found another store run by a more positive figure(no dirty head-laundry), and got more. Took the next three days off. Killed off 7 cases, and cleaned all my guns(76).

Had Obama on my mind!
Randy
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:23:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:29:13 PM EDT
[#16]
I had gone home from work relatively early (around 6 pm local time) figuring I would catch some Zs before heading back in (was supporting a tank battalion field exercise and pretty much working 24 hour ops, despite being in garrison). about an hour and 20 minutes later I get a call from our shop officer asking me to sign a form (I was on the approval chain to release funds for walking through major assemblies - in this case another $500,000 tank engine needed to be replaced). I roll out of bed - shop officer asks: "you watching the news?"
"No - sleeping, why?"
"An airplane crashed into one of the world trade center towers"
So, I joined the rest of the world in inadvertently watching the 2nd plane hit the 2nd tower.
I was talking to may father on the phone when the second tower collapsed - at the same time we got cut off - couldn't get back through to the states for another 24 hrs!

Well, within 3 hours of that, sirens were blaring and THREATCON (FPCON) Delta had been declared. I have never been so glad I made the decision to catch some sleep when I did - it was my last chance for some time.

For those of you who have served here in Korea - things have changed indeed. - it was weeks before we could even go off post.

Well, I guess 2ID is no longer the most forward deployed Division in the Army.

Adam
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#17]
A day that changed my life forever..My generation has never had anything until this day..

Here's how my day went..I was getting ready for class at my college. I was in my apartment watching MTV music videos, oblivious to what was going on. My bf(LiquidSnake) always takes the bus with me to class and as we were waiting for it, he tells me a plane flew into the WTC.(We had both thought it was an accident and went on to class; we both had 930am classes) I got out of class at 1045am and had a bad feeling come over me..I went into the library and checked the internet and to my horror, I saw the pictures of planes crashing into the towers.. I ran out of the library and saw everyone in the lobby staring at the TV screen. I went up to it and saw the towers fall..I, being from NY was tremendously moved by it and a guy standing next to me was from NJ and had his dad work in NYC. We both stood, frozen, in shock, with tears in our eyes..I rushed home, skipping my last class.. I had to make sure all of my family and friends were safe.. I was on the phone for over an hour; I couldn't get a hold of my father and I was so afraid something had happened to him, that he was in NYC on business that day..I finally heard from him and it took much longer to find out his friend at the Pentagon and our next door neighbors were safe(although one of my neighbors was there that day, it took her awhile but she got home.)

It was the scariest time of my life to watch the streets I had just walked a little over a month ago covered in ash.. Knowing that my parents were just 60 miles away and something could possibly happen to them.. I was in shock for atleast 2 days and after that I had a long cry...

I have a new perspective on life. Things I used to take for granted I don't anymore. Every day I wake up, just greatful to be alive and I am now living life to the fullest.. Life is too short to hold grudges on people and to judge others.

Also, I LOVE AMERICA!!! Always have and always will.. I have never been as proud to be an american as I was after 9/11/01

God Bless The USA!!
-Andrea
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#19]
My Fiancee woke me up after she heard about the first one on the radio. I watched the second one on TV. after that I spent the morning loading mags and getting my stuff in order.

I went to work as usual, but it was nothing like a normal day.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 9:10:05 PM EDT
[#20]
I planned to get my Jeep's muffler fixed and inspected, so I got up at 9:00 am and hit the bathroom.  I remember the radio blanking out for a few miniutes, but didn't think anything about it.  SO I continued with the morning rituals, and drove down the street to the corner service station.  While I was talking to the boss about my Jeep, one of the mechanics pulled us into the offis and we watched the plane hit the second tower.  SO I ran home and clicked onto CNBC and FOX news (switching back and forth trying to get as much info as I could)  Finally after almost an hour of this I started changing channels to clear my head.  I was calling anyone and everyone I knew that worked in the City to find out if they were all ok.  My head was spinning at this point. I found the local BBC station and started watching there brodcast of the event because they had the prettiest anchor women/reporters on and the English/Irish accents always put me in a better mood.  Anyways as I'm watching I see the first tower collapse.  I couldn't believe what I saw.  It was a live brodcast and not even the anchor woman knew it happened.  I switched back to CNBC to verify I saw what I saw.  Later I saw the second tower collapse. It was too much.  I was getting a headache.  I took a nap until 12 then started a new vigil of watching the news and calling people I didn't get in touch with earlier that morning.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 9:21:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Watching it live in the office. Had about 30 guys around the TV in total silence. We put an overhead projector on the TV in the conference room. It was really difficult because we all wanted to be with our families.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 9:22:17 PM EDT
[#22]
I didn't have any classes that day, so I had slept until like 10 or so. I was just laying around for a while, having taken my time eating breakfast and showering and all. I usually don't watch the news or read newspapers much, since most rarely have anything interesting to say. Then, I get a call from my stepmother saying something about a terrorist bomb, barely making sense. I figured it wasn't anything serious, but flipped on the TV anyways. I swear my mouth hung open for at least a minute when I saw the footage of the towers collapsing. It was hard to believe it was really happening. Got a little more info surfing the web, noted that classes had offically been cancelled.

Of course, living in a college town, there's all sorts of liberal idiots protesting our doing anything at all to the "poor terrorists". [:(!] One of my friends has an intense desire to start sniping from the top of the nearby hotel. [}:D] Despite the horror of the attacks themselves, I have to say I like what it is doing to the American people. I have never seen so much patriotism in my life, and more and more people are seeing through the gun-control movement's nonsense. I hope we can emerge from this with a new sense of national pride that lasts well after the news stations have stopped running the tapes.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 9:24:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I was still sleeping when I got a call from my brother saying the first tower had been hit by a plane.  I turned on the tv and watched in horror as the second plane crashed. And then the Pentagon was hit.  And then the worst, the buildings collapsed!  I couldn't believe it, my stomach was sick.  And then the stupid asian woman on cnbc said that Washington could'nt get in touch with President Bush since he had taken off from Florida! My mind was racing as thoughts of what's happening, what else are they going to do to us today?  Also surfed the board here and found out a lot of good news.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 9:27:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#25]
School,,had my 2 way,,lights and sirens from then on in,,into the city,,but for the grace of God,,I still don't believe it,,though I'am going though a albuterol treatment as I type at this moment and also looking to use my tools againgst the COWARD pigs that perpertrated this swineful act against humanity,,they must be some of the dumbest bullshit artists out there,,out at a titty bar drinking alcohol the night before and then acting like the cowards most of these fuk politcal correctness,,and fuk the small percentage of muslims that might just when the shit hits the fan,,and for the right reasons fight and die like  men,,,this means man against man,,,,,,,,,,, who ever they might be and I relish the opportunity to go hand to hand with any pig/shit eating fly like them,,,,oh god would their flesh and blood taste so good as I tear into their faces with my teeth,,and to kill them so slowly,,to treat them so lowly that the slaughter of a pig would be would be on a divine level compared to the level of filth in which they would be pissed on,,hell drown them in the piss of pigs and blood from menstrating women College educated ones at that) sorry I allowed myself the luxery of ranting and projecting,,,I'm not a writer my feelings are muchharsher than what I can descibe,,We are American Hear US Roar! damm I'n exhausted,,up many hours,,best part of day was squezzing fk spellin many hundred/s of rounds breath relax aim squezze shoot,,,oh man,,damm still nothing as intimate as severing a major blood vessel with a piece of non halal certified steel knife,,of I could cum
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 10:25:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
School,,had my 2 way,,lights and sirens from then on in,,into the city,,but for the grace of God,,I still don't believe it,,though I'am going though a albuterol treatment as I type at this moment and also looking to use my tools againgst the COWARD pigs that perpertrated this swineful act against humanity,,they must be some of the dumbest bullshit artists out there,,out at a titty bar drinking alcohol the night before and then acting like the cowards most of these fuk politcal correctness,,and fuk the small percentage of muslims that might just when the shit hits the fan,,and for the right reasons fight and die like  men,,,this means man against man,,,,,,,,,,, who ever they might be and I relish the opportunity to go hand to hand with any pig/shit eating fly like them,,,,oh god would their flesh and blood taste so good as I tear into their faces with my teeth,,and to kill them so slowly,,to treat them so lowly that the slaughter of a pig would be would be on a divine level compared to the level of filth in which they would be pissed on,,hell drown them in the piss of pigs and blood from menstrating women College educated ones at that) sorry I allowed myself the luxery of ranting and projecting,,,I'm not a writer my feelings are muchharsher than what I can descibe,,We are American Hear US Roar! damm I'n exhausted,,up many hours,,best part of day was squezzing fk spellin many hundred/s of rounds breath relax aim squezze shoot,,,oh man,,damm still nothing as intimate as severing a major blood vessel with a piece of non halal certified steel knife,,of I could cum
View Quote

Looks like somebody has some issues...
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 10:45:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Whoah!

6:15
I woke up to it on the radio, I was listening to? turned over and woke up the old lady and told her, we couldnt beleive it till we saw it on the 70" Mitsubishi! UNREAL!

We took the day off!
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 10:50:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Visiting my parents in Colorado. Happened to be up that morning, reading, when I saw it on the news. Watched the second plane come in and slam into the South tower.

Had to figure out a way to make it back to Seattle before Saturday to meet my appointments. Ended up driving back - made in in 24 hours.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 10:56:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Sleeping, I awoke to the sound of Howard Stern screaming about killing the Arabs or something like that and that the twin towers were hit. I woke up real quick and turned on the tube. What a way to wake up. They kept showing that plane hitting the second tower over and over again.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 11:17:13 PM EDT
[#31]
I was asleep when it happened, then I got to the lobby of my law school at 9:45 and saw everyone (deans, professors, students) watching CNN in a huge mass. Some were crying. Some of my classmates had worked there over the summer and others had interviews there that week. I hauled ass back home at triple digit speed to get my gas mask, M4, and some antibiotics and potassium iodide...I live 9 miles from a nuke plant and 5 miles from a naval weapons station that I suspect stores nukes and chem weapons.

One of my law review editors has a brother that was suppossed to be on AA Flight 11 (the first one to hit the WTC) but missed it because he got in a car accident on the way to Logan. For once in my life I was glad that Boston drivers suck.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 11:23:07 PM EDT
[#32]
This day/event is etched into my memorie as is the JFK murder.
I was at work and happened to be in a building with a TV.
Watching the news I saw the first plane hit.
I went to go home and told the guys there.
Drove to town to my pickup point (37 miles) As I got out to get into my car to go home a friend rushed up and told me about the second plane. Raced home (29.6 miles) and woke my wife up, then got the news on.            
That is nearly all that I have watched since that day. The related stuff. That is.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 11:24:47 PM EDT
[#33]
I had gotten home from work, and watched the morning news, nothing going on. I was on my computer on AR-15.com, still had the news on in another room. Noticed that the tone of the newscast changed and someone posted here a plane hit the WTC.

Was runing back and forth from AR15.com to the TV. Trying to get more info-no cable. Then the 2nd plane hit. Someone here posted the crashes looked cool............ Had to post that a great number of people had surely been killed....

Instantly knew it was a terrorist attack, and was wondering if the first plane wasn't intentional when I heard about it, also remembered the earlier attack and Bin Laden.

Was still runiing back and forth when John Misclawesheicz(sp fer sure) was at the Pentagon starting a report from Washington DC when he reported a load bang and had to leave the building. Later he reported the thought a military helicoptewr had been hi-jacked to attack the Pentagon Then they reported it was another passenger plane. Then they reported a crash in Pa.

Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:16:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Driving from our Dayton office to Cincinnati and stopped in Aimsurplus to buy some ammo and watched it on the tv in the owners office.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:25:17 AM EDT
[#35]
right here in Manhattan.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:30:09 AM EDT
[#36]
I had just finished lunch, and was going for a swim, right here:
[img]http://www.cinqueterreonline.com/rio_02b.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:38:08 AM EDT
[#37]
I was working 2nd shift at the time.  I crashed at a friend's place the night of the 10th because I promised I'd help him change his brakes the next day before I had to go to work at 3pm.

I work at CNN.com, for you guys who don't know yet.  I was woken up by my nextel beeping like mad.  It was a coworker of mine, who happens to always try and play lame jokes on me.

"Hello?"

"We might need you to come in to work, man."

"Why?"

"The world's blowing up."

"What the hell are you talking about?" (thinking he's BSing me)

"Just turn on the news."

This particular friend didn't have cable, so I turned on CBS, and there was Dan Rather talking about the giant hole in the first tower.  I couldn't believe it.  I woke my friend up.

All I could think about was how scarred the tower would be, and how long it would take to make it look right again.  Collapse was the farthest thing from my mind.  There was no WAY anyone could take out such a big building..

Then the second plane hit, and we started hearing about the pentagon, and possible other planes still in the air.  I felt like I was in a bad dream.

CBS only had one camera angle that partially obscured tower two, and was apparently delayed.  Dan Rather read part of a report from the scene that a tower had collapsed.  However nobody thought that was actually what had happened.  He said "maybe they mean the upper floors, I don't see.."

And then it happened, interrupting him... Tower two came cascading to the ground.  I couldn't speak.  I really wished I was still dreaming.  I had to go lay down again.

Just as soon as I felt a little better and got up again, I hear my friend say  "The other tower just went."

Knocked me right back down.  I just kept staring at the same camera angle I had seen before... Only this time, with no buildings there.  At this point, all the feelings I had through the events finally came full circle, and I went into the bathroom and vomited.

We did end up doing the brakes, but I was totally in a trance.  I kept the radion on the whole time to the local "new rock" station, who was actually giving really good coverage and commentary.

Oh shit, AS I'M TYPING THIS a plane has just crashed in Queens, NY.  Fuck me.

Link Posted: 11/12/2001 3:08:17 PM EDT
[#38]
15 th street and Hoosick street in Troy. Guy in pick-up came by and said a plane crashed into the WTC.okay I thought a Cessna 150 or something.A bit later another constrution worker said another plane had crashed. I think, news reports are screwed up double reporting.
Went to Dunkin Donuts(for break) and saw it on tv.when they said it was Islamic terrorists I kept a real close eye on the Islamic Mosque we were working by.
Had to got to the office later and found out office people got sent home.We where on our own.
The spooky thing is one plane flew right over us.
Thank God Jeremy Glick and the others had BALLS.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 3:30:09 PM EDT
[#39]
I had overslept after a late night at the office overseeing our backup jobs since the tape libraries we use were having problems.  Anyway, I was walking out the door when I heard my cellphone ring and realized I was forgetting it.  About the time I found the phone it stopped rining and my land line started ringing.  Caller ID showed it was my mom's office, but she generally doesn't call me in the morning.

Mom: "Why aren't you at work?"
Me:  "Late night.  Why?  What's wrong?"
Mom: "Oh my God, Joseph.  Turn on the news!"
Me:  "I'm kinda runing late for work..."
Mom: "Just turn it on!  I've got to go!"
*click!*

So I turned on the TV and put it on CNN to see both towers smoking and hearing reports that the Pentagon had just been hit as well.  I got a lump in my throat and a sick feeling in my stomach, forcing me to sit down.  They kept showing the plane flying into the second tower over and over and over again, and the more I saw it the more surreal it became.  I kept telling myself that I must be having a nightmare, but I didn't wake up.  I ran upstairs and woke my wife up to tell her what had happened, and she got up to check the news with me.  I must have sat there for another hour before I finally went to work.  It was all over the Houston Talk Radio station, and they were as confused as anyone.  I remember that day vividly, but the days after it were a blur.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 4:05:38 PM EDT
[#40]
I was awakened at 6am California time by some of my friends who came to the house to borrow some ammo. I LIKE my sleep, so when they told me to get up and watch the news, I wasn't having any of that. They were banging on my door to get me up, so I threatened them with .223 fire if they didn't stop. They took about a thousand rounds and finally left. I woke up at my usual time and went off to my office building. I usually listen to classical CD's, so I didn't hear about anything else regarding the WTC on the radio.
I get to work and virtually none of my staff was there. I was so pissed. We had a big budget meeting scheduled for 11am and almost nobody was at work. I started ranting about how pathetic American worker's are and their lack of commitment. My secretary thought I was a heartless psychopath. She told me everyone is bummed or scared to come to work. I said scared of what? She was amazed I didn't know about the attacks. I went to my office and started to watch CNN. The images were completely heart wrenching. We tried to get some work done and the meeting started on schedule, but we didn't accomplish anything. At around noon, almost all of the highrises were being shut down. I sent every home and asked them to pray for the victims of that horrible day.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 4:37:17 PM EDT
[#41]
I was in third period social studies class. someone came in and was talking to my teacher while we were taking a test and I just heard "a second plane crashed" and then he told us what happened. At that point I figured it was just a private plane accident and not a big deal. Next period we got notices from the principal saying that we can go to the guidance office and call if our parents/someone we knew worked there. It didn't sink in until the next period when I saw my English teacher crying and telling us about it. I didn't find out any more details till that afternoon when I got home.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 4:47:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Standing on my rooftop in Brooklyn watching the whole thing.
View Quote

Where in Brooklyn do you live? My uncle lives in Fort Greene.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 4:51:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Was at home surfing for early AM news links to post on my site.  Found an obviously major story with few details attached - 'small plane strikes world trade center' or similar.  Since that sort of stuff does not happen by accident, I posted it on my page and drove off to work.

Got to work & as I passed the cafeteria I became aware that something was really amiss... dozens of people were standing still all over the cafeteria, all with serious looks on their faces, all looking at the two televisions in the room.  The whole room was just like that, all day.  I've never seen anything like it before or since.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:02:31 PM EDT
[#44]
i will mever forget that day..

i was sitting in the m&m diner in #$*@!&( %#$(@, i had just ordered breakfast (ham & cheese omlet with home fries and a large chockolate milk) when i heard about the first plane on the radio.

my partner and i were thinking "this has to be a joke", it was just too fantastic. our food arrived and as we were eating the news came of a second plane came. (i never leave food on my plate, but i couldn't finish breakfast)

we got in the truck to head to out first job of the day (i install cable) and were too glued to the radio to make any good time.

when we arrived to our first job, our fears were finally confirmed, as there on the tv were the burning towers. i saw live as the towers collapsed, one after the other.

i couldn't work any more, my partner and i aggreed to head home, leaving four work orders with co-workers. i didn't even know that a chevy s-10 could make 90 MPH.

we passed a cop on the way home, and we just waved to each other and went on our ways.

i couldn't stand still for the rest of the day, had too much to do, mags to load, equipment to check. and for the first time my mother was willing to learn how to operate my shotgun, (she isn't really an anti, but she isn't really a pro-gunner either.)

lets just say that she was VERY scared.

I WILL NEVER FORGET THAT DAY...
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:09:22 PM EDT
[#45]
I was at the gas station at Fort Belvoir in Virginia.  14 miles from the Pentagon.  There was a little TV in the waiting room and I heard that an airplane had crashed in to the WTC.  I stayed for the second hit and then the Pentagon was hit.  I left and went back to my office in Springfield.  I could see the plume of smoke from the Pentagon from my office.

Went home, got the LBE out, made sure that the Beretta and shotgun was loaded, then sharpened the bayonet.....nothing else that I could do....except wait for whatever happened next.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 6:16:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Was in Cedar Rapids, IA for work. Went on a bender the night before. Woke to my boss paging me. Her page read something like 'get your sorry, hungover ass out of bed and call me or i'll kick your arse'. Called her and said something like 'for the love of God Molly, this better be important cuz i got a hundred jackhammers in my head right now.'  All she said was, i know you've only slept an hour, go make coffee, look out your window, then turn on the TV and do it in that order.

Outside there were a bunch of cops, firemen, and swat blocking off the street. Guess there was a bomb threat between the hotel and work.

Turned on the TV and called the wife.  

Ended up working 20 hours that day since they closed the call center because of the bomb threat. Was weird walking past all the police with laptop and tool bags when everything was quadroned off. No one said a word.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 7:11:43 PM EDT
[#47]
I was driving to work at about 8:40am Central, and had the radio on.  At first, I thought I somehow hit some news radio show, so I hit the #1 radio button, and sure enough, it was on the correct channel, so I listen for a few, and they're talking about some fire behind the whitehouse or something... then something about a planecrash near the Pentagon, then I pulled in to work (I only live 10 minutes away) and walked in... everyone was talking about it, but I still didn't get what was going on, but next to one of the manager's desks, they set up a TV and jimmyrigged an antenna so we could pick up Foxnews.  Right before 10am or so, they had the first video clip of the second plane hitting the second tower...

that day was surreal... I went to bed thinking I was watching some bad movie on TV, and hoped it wouldn't be true the next day... but it was...
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 4:14:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Sitting at my desk at work and listening to Howard Stern describe the whole thing as it happened.  Probably in and out of AR15.com too!

AR_Shorty
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 4:28:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Here at work, on the site.  And I could practically see Shaggy on the roof as he described the scene...crazy time we're livin in bro's...we ain't jolly green giants walking the earth anymore...
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 5:29:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top