Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2001 8:51:36 PM EDT
hey folks, i've got my plain jane 20" postban bushmaster sitting here...and i'm thinking i'd like to strap a 9mm upper to her, and take her out blasting.  I've heard about the oly arms upper, and how with a SOCOM mag adapter you can use the cheapo sten mags?  I think i have that correctly...anyways, where is the best place to find what i need, and i assume that the oly arms upper comes with 9mm bolt carrier etc?  also...i'm definitely more interested in a flattop model, where is that available?  thanks in advance
-marty
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 10:25:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Socom Web site, mag block is $55 + $7.50 S&H -- Tapco web site, Sten mags are $4.99 ea or a 10 pack for $39.99 + $10.00 S&H---------Oly has a full page add in Shotgun News (Nov 19, 2001 issue) A2 or Flat Top 9mm upper w/1 mag for $594.00 shop around, you can probably get a better price on the upper.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 3:47:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Getting a Sten mag loader would be a good idea.  Loading Sten mags is a serious b!tch past a half dozen rounds.  

Ross
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:55:38 AM EDT
[#3]
The OLY block is only compatible with the OLY upper due to their positioning of the mag withing the mag well.I think they position the mag too far back for it too work with with a Colt upper.The bullets rounds have to feed reliably onto the ramp and into the breach from the magazine.If it's not in the right place it will never feed.

Good Luck.

btw the Colt style block can use modified UZI mags and is much closer to the real deal if you ask me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top