Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2001 11:25:45 AM EDT
I've never been able to understand it.  I understand how the squeaky wheel gets greased but members' fascination with some of these 'people' puzzles me.  I say that because it's obvious that a number of them have numerous screen names.  What does one get out of deceiving or insulting individuals here?  Why do these folks receive the acclaim that they do?

CB
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Imbroglio is funny because he says what we would expect from Liberals, yet we know/hope he isn't a Liberal. There were 2 other screennames I associated with Imbroglio, WJClinton & KofiAnon. These 2 if they weren't Imbroglio himself spouted the same stuff.

McUzi is interesting becuase he is mentally unbalanced/unstable and has been banned so many times, yet keeps coming back and harrassing the mods, who ban him again.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#2]
McUzi is kinda like the Where's Waldo Game. Instead it is which Newbie is McUzi Signed In As Today.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 11:33:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I think of McUzi as the court jester of AR15.com. He's allowed to break sh!t and call people names because he's an entertaining SOB.

Every once in a while, he brings down the wrath, then hides under a chair until tempers cool. Coming soon to a theater near you.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 11:36:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 11:37:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've never been able to understand it.  I understand how the squeaky wheel gets greased but members' fascination with some of these 'people' puzzles me.  I say that because it's obvious that a number of them have numerous screen names.  What does one get out of deceiving or insulting individuals here?  Why do these folks receive the acclaim that they do?

CB
View Quote

Not really following your question...

If it is "Why are "some" afforded celebrity status (Imbro,NsfJojo,etc.), it is because you are the product of your personality here. Those with the most personality, wit, writing skills, etc. are more entertaining.

The completely different issue of trolls who use multiple names and cause trouble (Capt.Obvious,FrankTheSpank,etc.), well I ain't completely figured them out. Just assholes I guess...

And as for McUZI, he's just goddamn funny. Some growing up to be done for sure, but the "crack whore" post is still hilarious.

My advice, the entire GD is just trivial diversion, especially now that the firearm topics are segregated. Don't take it too seriously.

Of course we are still free to post firearm topics here, just nobody seems to be doing so. I added this so GB wouldn't think I'm complaining about his format. I've annoyed him enough for awhile.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I can some up the McUzi fasination in one word....age!  The younger members of this board think he's "cool" while the older members see himas the pain in the ass that he is.

Imbrolio...well, the jury is still out on him.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 11:42:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 11:45:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I can some up the McUzi fasination in one word....age!  The younger members of this board think he's "cool" while the older members see himas the pain in the ass that he is.

sgtar15
View Quote

Well said, McUZI is a "cool" pain in the ass.

Pssst...It's "sum up." Respectfully your local grammar nazi.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

sgtar15
View Quote

Well said, McUZI is a "cool" pain in the ass.

Pssst...It's "sum up." Respectfully your local grammar nazi.
View Quote

Look pal...

[size=6]I[/size=6] am the grammar Nazi 'round here. Get your own diggs.

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Look pal...

View Quote

well, well, GM, there's a NEW sheriff in town, especially since you missed his glaring errors!

respectfully, in his sentence should have a comma after it, and Nazi should be capitalized. [:P]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 12:00:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I for one like McUZI.  He is a good dude.  Landon is a young man, and rocks the old timers boats.  
Imbro is a trip to read.
The mall ninja is the mall ninja.  He gets the ladies

Thank c-rock is a cool guy also. [;)]
c-rock
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 12:03:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look pal...

View Quote

well, well, GM, there's a NEW sheriff in town, especially since you missed his glaring errors!

respectfully, in his sentence should have a comma after it, and Nazi should be capitalized. [:P]
View Quote

HA   HA!!!!!!!

Shows how much YOU know!!!!!!!!

As the OFFICIAL AR15.com grammar Nazi, [size=6] I ALONE[/size=6] make the decision as to which grammatical errors to tolerate, and which will castigated, and who will be summarily executed for their errors. Grammatical Nazism will be enforced at my whim, and for my good pleasure.

Now, go write out "garandman is in charge of enforcing grammatical infractions" 1,000 times. Mind your punctuation and capitalization. Violators will be shot.

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#14]
::whimpering away, tail tucked::

garandman is in charge of enforcing grammatical infractions

...i'm sorry...

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Kinda like watching a car wreck or maybe a colonoscopy...
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Kinda like watching a car wreck or maybe a colonoscopy...
View Quote

The human condition, eh?  Seems to make sense.  
Sgtar15 also makes a good point that I've always agreed with.  Youth drives much here.  Actually the 'cult' status of some here is duplicated throughout the internet.  Anonymity seems to allow an 'expansion' of the psyche.  In other words, I believe many 'say' things here that they would NEVER, NEVER, NEVER say to their Mom/Gal/Boss/Grandma but feel free to 'say' due to the electronic burqa that 'protects' them here.  Also, much is said here that would also NEVER, NEVER, NEVER be said to a members' face as the speaker would have his balls handed to him in many cases.

Thanks, Ed.  Good to be back.  'Bout time that 'kid' got things rigged so us ol' Nutscrapers could join in.

CB
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 1:41:10 PM EDT
[#17]
imbrog|io iz c0ol

i just had to put some bad spelling and grammer in there.

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 1:48:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Hay I like it here. Its kinda like a cross between RAMBO:First Blood Part II and ALICE IN WONDERLAND. Through the looking glass.

This is the coolest place around and has given my internet connection a reason to exist the last two months.  

McUZI and Imbrog are just part of the culture. Soak it up because its always fun. McUZI rocks and his last stunt had me laughing for a good long while.  

Benjamin
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Imbro is an interesting example of an anti- social paranoid fat asian troll of a man. I challange anyone here who has ever met him to disagree with that assessment.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:05:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Imbro is an interesting example of an anti- social paranoid fat asian troll of a man. I challange anyone here who has ever met him to disagree with that assessment.
View Quote

I have not met Imbroglio, but I accept your challenge.  

I think you are missing the point.  Imbroglio is either a comic genius, or a poor unfortunate soul to be pitied.  Either way, it's a laugh riot!

As far as your ascertion that he is asian...(???) I didn't think race was an issue in this topic, and AFAIK, Imbroglio has never released any personal info.  Besides, we all know that [b]Lordtrader[/b] is the resident "anti- social paranoid fat asian troll of a man" around here. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:23:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#22]
I believe the answer is......Very little!

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:28:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Now back in the old days ...  anybody remember Zen?
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:30:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:32:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

CB
View Quote

I couldn't agree more. I guess it's that some people have a looser tolerance for what they consider funny or entertaining. Yeah, it's mildly amusing, but still just text on a screen from internet randoms.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have not met Imbroglio, but I accept your challenge.  

I think you are missing the point.  Imbroglio is either a comic genius, or a poor unfortunate soul to be pitied.  Either way, it's a laugh riot!
View Quote

Well I have met him (and his video camera). I made the mistake of inviting him to my favorite shooting spot. He brought 2 friends with him, none of them made any effort to fit in/ get along. Then Imbro proceeded to video tape our cars, guns, and families even after being asked not to.

Then he came on-line and called us "rich yuppies", called me a "JBT" and my friends (all AR15 list regulars) "Agent Provacutuers". This was in the old days of the AR15 Email list.

Pity is not an emotion that comes to mind when I think of Imbro.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:49:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Well I have met him (and his video camera). I made the mistake of inviting him to my favorite shooting spot. He brought 2 friends with him, none of them made any effort to fit in/ get along. Then Imbro proceeded to video tape our cars, guns, and families even after being asked not to.

Then he came on-line and called us "rich yuppies", called me a "JBT" and my friends (all AR15 list regulars) "Agent Provacutuers". This was in the old days of the AR15 Email list.

Pity is not an emotion that comes to mind when I think of Imbro.
View Quote

Interesting...

I did not realize that anyone had actually met Imbroglio.  I was never on the list, so I my days of Imbroglio go back to the old board.  I always thought he was an alter ego of board regular.  

So Imbroglio is for real???

I'm very confused now.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:57:07 PM EDT
[#28]
so does all he own really 10/22 and a 38?? [:D]

edited to fix/add  [:D]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#29]
irregardless?
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 4:40:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 4:46:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Racism doesn't rock my boat - it's stupid.
View Quote

I dont see any examples of "racism" here....

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 4:53:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
i didnt know my post was racist.

if so, then i shall remove it.
View Quote

Maybe what Paul is saing is he doesnt find McUzi funny becuase of his frequent racial jokes?(as opposed to saying this thread is racist). I'm not sure though.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:20:28 PM EDT
[#33]
McUzi is an AssaultWeber in the making. Imbroglio from what I have heard had been proven to be an alter-ego of Paul. Though, somehow I doubt that. Though, I do believe Imbroglio or more properly Imbrog|io is the same person that used the names WJClinton and KofiAnon. Same dry wit as far as I could tell. Hey Imbro, whatever happened to those 2 alter-egos ?

As far as what race people are, there is no way to tell. I wouldn't have pegged LordTrader for being a non-WASP. Yet, when he showed his picture in "Show Your DL Photos" he was clearly something other than a WASP. He looks too dark to be Mexican. Possibly, something else. I really can't tell, but definitely not Asian in the sense of Japaneese/Chineese/Korean. Asian in the sense of Pacific Islander, possibly. Anybody know LordTraders Ethnicity ?

Also, I never pegged Eric The Hun for the Grizzly Adams Type. Point is, you cannot figure out what the hell people are on this board w/o a photo.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:47:38 PM EDT
[#34]
They are people with conservative iron in their brains... but spout liberal/radial ideas... and apparently are moody... so they vary a lot.

They keep the boards exciting, because you never know what they will say, or the case they will make to defend their statements.

They are brilliant anti-social-deviants... who have so much to offer, yet were not blessed with a way to control it... or a sense of balance.

In other words... they are interesting.

And missed.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:22:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 1:30:29 AM EDT
[#36]
And let us not forget that if it weren't for Imbroglio, Chelsea Clinton would have no suitors.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 1:48:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Imbroglio is our resident cynist.

JoJo is our resident optimist.

And McUzi...well...McUzi...just has an adverse view on any subject that suits his beliefs.

Where is JoJo anyway?
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 2:32:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Anyone Remember "Imbrog|io" BEFORE he was "Imbrog|io" ?

He was Bryan Wada from our old list:

[url]www.mail-archive.com/cgi-bin/htsearch?method=and&format=short&config=ar15-l_ar15_com&restrict=&exclude=&words=wada[/url]

McUZI ?  
Know who he is?

Well, He is actually dating one of the Bush daughters !

He will have to change his name after he marries her.

New Name:   Land on Bush  !   [>Q]

Link Posted: 11/8/2001 3:45:55 AM EDT
[#39]
I have tremendous respect for Imbroglio...

He gave me the recipe for Kettle Corn !

It ROCKS !

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=67275[/url]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:42:55 AM EDT
[#40]
With McTroublemaker gone, who's going to use
phrases like "balderwash motherf_cker!"?

[:D]

Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:47:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Post from HKocher -
Besides, we all know that Lordtrader is the resident "anti- social paranoid [b][u]fat[/u][/b] asian troll of a man" around here.
View Quote

Wait a friggin minute! lordtrader is '[b][u]fat?[/u][/b]' I've seen lordtrader, I've actually met with lordtrader, and there is no way that he could be considered [u]fat[/u]!

'Well-nourished' maybe, 'robust', perhaps, possibly even 'pleasingly plump' or 'chubby'!

But no way he's 'fat'! I am fat. Ask around.

Actually, it's all a matter of perspective, anyway, since it could just as easily be said that I'm simply eleven and one-half inches too short for my weight.

Eric The(Now,You'veDoneIt,I'veGottaGoEatA2ndBreakfastToCalmMyEmotions)Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top