Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2001 4:56:17 PM EDT
Wow, I got to see some amazing stuff yesterday.

On the way home last night from work, when the guy riding with me spotted an albino deer just behind a tree line not 50 yards from the road. Of course I had to pull a u-turn and go take a look. It was just a small doe, but it was still so cool to see. It's the first one I've seen in the wild. Stuck out like a sore thumb.

And then later on I got a call from a buddy of mine telling me to go look at the sky. That was the first time in my life that I've seen the northern lights. The sky was mostly bright red, with a kind of baby blue light around it. Fucking amazing! I never understood what the hoopla was about until last night.

Anyway, not often you get to see two things like that in the same day.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I advise you to stay
in a safe place for a while.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 11:21:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Ya, I saw the lights for the first time in my 40 years as well.

I guessed that what I was witnessing might have been the Aurora Borelis, but I wasn't sure.

Given the current state of world affairs I was half way looking for a mushroom cloud to go with the red in the mid night sky.

I can just imagine what thoughts primitive man would have seeing the sky turn red and green.  

It was indeed awesome.  Hard to imagine the kind of energy pulse from the sun required to make a neon sign of our atmosphere.

Heres a link for the folks that missed it.  The photos from VA are very representative of what I witnessed.

[url]http://www.spaceweather.com/aurora/gallery_06nov01.html[/url]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 2:19:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Buddy of mine was telling about his sighting of the northern lights this past weekend while out hunting a lil white tail. He said it was certianly somehting to see. Sure wish I had been little more sober, maybe I might have caught that vew myself.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top