Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2001 6:29:35 PM EDT
I just got a call from the Air Force and they can't take me due to helth.

I feel like somebody pulled my fucking heart out.

I don't way I wanted to poist this,I gess cuz it's not face to face and I don't want to face anybody.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#1]
... Keep your chin high. You're a better man for trying to do what is right for our country.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't sweat it. Go to college. Be a Doctor. Be a good man. You don't need a DD 214 to prove anything.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:23:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey A2, I flunked my first physical at MEPS about ten minutes into it. The doctor read the form where you list all the illnesses you had, and said, "What's this cancer/tumor thing you checked off?"

"I had Hodgkin's Disease when I was 15, It's been in remission for 5 years."

"Buh bye!"

It took nine weeks and a bunch more doctor's visits, but I got a waiver from Navy BuMed and kicked out the jams.

This may be possible in your case and it may not, but what do you have to lose?
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 8:43:10 PM EDT
[#8]
You guys are very nice,just the thing that kills me.
Americans for the most part are good to each other,and it dose not feel right to let somebodt else buy and keep my rights for me.

I will find something to do,and thank you guys.
My loss is nothing this is still the best place on earth.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 8:46:28 PM EDT
[#9]
a2 I had to have my hearing waivered to get in can you have whatever it is re evaluated?
john
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 5:14:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 5:24:26 AM EDT
[#11]
You have the will and determination! Keep your chin up, good things will happen for you. Never, ever give up.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 5:32:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Take middle eastern languages. Being fluent in one or several can get you waivered in the Uniformed Services as well as CIA, FBI, DIA, NSA, etc...

As said, you are an HONORABLE MAN, something this country needs more of.

You can also run for office, and work on regaining our Freedoms.

I am going to start learning these on my own so that I can at least call them pig fVckers if captured [:D]

[b][size=1]Don Out[/size=1][/b]
[b][size=4][red]AIRBORNE!
2/505 PIR
H-MINUS[/red][/size=4][/b]

[i]You might be Airborne if... you have ever demonstrated a PLF in front of the company coffee pot. - John "Doc" Horton[/i]
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/6/2001 5:36:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Do [b]NOT[/b] beat yourself up over this.  At
least you have the patriotic guts to want to
serve.  Nobody is looking down on you because
of this, and nobody ever will.  You still live
in best GD country in the world, where even
a draft dodging anti Viet nam war protester
can become President.  With your determination
and pride for [b]OUR[/b] country you'll go far.

Please accept my sincere thanks for trying.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 6:00:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Been there...done that!!  I got rejected by the AF for medical reasons also.  About two years later I got rejected by the Army.  I was rejected due to a problem with my left nut...Literally!!  

One thing I did learn however was that the AF has the strictist standards for entry, so [b]try the other branches before completely giving up!![/b]

And I know how you feel.  I feel I was meant to be a soldier, it was my calling, but alas.....

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 6:22:53 AM EDT
[#15]
That just sucks, same thing happened to me. But since then my health got worse, so it's obvious that they'd never take me. It really sucks.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 6:44:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Take middle eastern languages....

I am going to start learning these on my own so that I can at least call them pig fVckers if captured [:D]
View Quote

LMAO
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 6:52:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Never admit that there is, was, or has ever been anything wrong with you to a Doctor, during an entrance exam. Unless you actually don't want to get in.

If you ever get in, and make it to boot-camp, never go to sick-call, or complain about an injury.  Unless you're trying to get out.

Get into shape.
Try again.
Keep your mouth shut.
Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 6:55:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Lesson one.

"Coos Ah-maachk"

"Coos Ah-maachk"

"Coos Ah-maachk"

"Coos Ah-maachk"

(Arabic insult:  "your mother's cunt")
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 7:02:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Uh, I went through that 20 years ago.  To rub salt in the wound they told me I could go fight "right after the old women and young children."  Made me feel real good.  

Reason:  My eyesight uncorrected is 20/400.  As I sit here my eyesight is 20/15 due to the miracle of contact lenses.  I guess you can't call "timeout" in battle for a contact problem.  Oh well, I have had an excellent 20 years doing "other stuff" that is different but still worthwhile.  You will be fine.  Best wishes.
View Quote

Things change over time, when I enlisted in the Corps (1986) my vision was (and still is)is 20/400 uncorrected, 20/20 corrected. I wear glasses all the time just like you.  Hell, I served with a guy with "flat feet"... no arch whatsoever.  

No_Expert
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 7:06:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Lesson one.

"Coos Ah-maachk"

"Coos Ah-maachk"

"Coos Ah-maachk"

"Coos Ah-maachk"

(Arabic insult:  "your mother's cunt")
View Quote

Thank you!

[b][size=1]Don Out[/size=1][/b]
[b][size=4][red]AIRBORNE!
2/505 PIR
H-MINUS[/red][/size=4][/b]

[i]You might be Airborne if... you Stand up and Yell "Sound off for equipment check" after the stewardess finishes giving seat belt operating instructions on a commercial flight. - Michael A. Andrascik III[/i]
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/6/2001 7:11:38 AM EDT
[#21]
There are other branches to try if your not "dead set" to get into the USAF.  Don't give up.  If you want to serve the country, as you seem to want to do, don't get discouraged.  Just keep trying. There is always the police if the rest don't pan out.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 7:37:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Don't feel bad or beat yourself up! You tried and that's a hell of alot more, than the majority do!

Obviously, you're adept with computer's. Go to collage and become a Software engineer or a Electronics Engineer, then once with diploma in hand, seek a job in the defense industry. You could, one day invent a new targeting system for missles, counter-measures against attacks, early warning systems. Just because you're not in the armed forces, doesn't mean that aren't other ways in which to support/defend the country!

Link Posted: 11/6/2001 8:16:54 AM EDT
[#23]
I know that it is a bummer to find out you can't do something you wanted, but there is no need to be down on yourself.  You gave it your best shot and as said several times, that is more than many people ever do.  There are many other ways for you to be productive or contribute to the cause if that is what you really want to do.  The funny thing about the government is that it makes no sense, believe me I've seen all kinds of people that have and haven't made it in the military.  I work for the Veterans Administation at a VA hospital and I spent 3 years in the 82nd at Fort Bragg.  Your attempt to get in and the disappointment you feel at not being able to speak volumes, and from my perspective you have more going for you than many who have served or who do work for the Gov't.  Stand tall and be proud of yourself, you are going to do well at whatever you decide to do because you have a good and honorable heart...
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 12:55:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Sorry to hear that dude.  I know exactly how you feel, I was DQ'd in 1991 for hearing and then again in 1997 for blood pressure, but I passed the hearing test that time...  I just wanted to be in 3 years of infantry and they said no.  I was pissed, hurt, and I felt like someone ripped my heart out also.  I just wanted to serve.  Hold your head up, walk straight, and know that you are better than so many others that didnt even try...  

dont be afriad to try again in TWO years!!!  

JRB
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:37:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Man, I feel for you.. My son is going through this. He took the physical and they said no....why?
well, His stupid mother, my EX, and this is typical of why she's my ex, decided he was depressed and sent him to a shrink/therapist..unfortunately, this was AFTER the normal MD put him on antidepressants for a month or two. The therapist said he did not need em. I was pissed.
Hell, he was 17, his girlfriend dumped him, he was having hell in school over bullshit that he had no control over. He wasn't depressed..he was sad...and hell he's a teenager  ...anyway, He moved in with me, got a job, went to a new school, was Headquarters commander of the ROTC unit, kicked butt in school while working about 30 hrs a week.
Now he's 18

The Army was calling him and he scored really his on the ASVAP(is that right?), but soon as they heard Antidepressants they didn't want him.

I've been told two things. He can NEVER get in with a previous depression diagnosis, and that he should try again 6 months after the physical or apply for a waiver.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:51:55 AM EDT
[#26]
so i guess the medical implants (screws and staples) in my feet will disqualfy me [:(]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 10:52:49 AM EDT
[#27]
How about law enforcement? Yeah, doesn't pay very much, but it's certainly necessary and being seen much more favorably since 11 Sept. There are various agencies to investigate, from your local PD or sheriffs to FBI, INS, even US Postal Service (really, I know an inspector who's up to his ears in work right now tracking all the silly anthrax hoaxes). Don't get down on yourself.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 11:29:33 AM EDT
[#28]
I got disqualified from military service due to asthma when I was 18. After I was bumped from ROTC,they told me that I couldn't enlist or try to get into any of the academys [:(] No military service for me.
I guess, hunting and hiking the Blue Ridge and playing lacrosse didn't demonstrate my running ability sufficiently.....
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 11:36:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 12:45:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:05:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Let me say this again. This is the most important advice for anyone "trying" to get in to the military:

[b][size=6]Never[/size=6] admit that there is, was, or has ever been anything wrong with you to a doctor, during an entrance exam. Unless you actually don't want to get in. This includes past injuries, prescriptions, etc..[/b]

It's that simple.

Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:14:35 AM EDT
[#32]
YOU really want to do something for your country?

Then start running for congress and get these stupid a$$'ed gun control laws reversed.....
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 6:38:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Murphy and Double feed,

Thanks. I did tell my son, Hey, you ain't on those pills, haven't been for a while, don't mention it. Somebody scared him. Told him if you don't tell the truth..blah blah blah....

Live and Learn. I think once the semester is over at College, he and I will go see Sergeant Green and discuss the waiver or whatever.

Cheers
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top