Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2001 10:41:55 AM EDT
I recently put a new bushmaster on layaway at a local gun store. When I came back one week later to pick up the bushmaster there was a preban Colt AR15A2 CAR15 on the shelf. Naturally I was drawn to it and wanted to know if you guys could give me some advice on price, what to look for on the gun and any other useful information.  It has no visible signs of wear inside the upper reciver area and no signs of wear on the muzzel. The Colt has a 16" barrel with a retractable stock and a handle on top. It comes with a supposed original box, although the box has no markings at all, it is just a plain cardboard box with an inner box that apears to wrap the rifle just wright. I was told by the dealer that the earlier AR15's shipped out had no markings on the box and that later they where green or blue and had the words colt on the box.  Is this true?  Also the rifle is missing its original magazine, however other than this it has the look and feel of a very well kept weapon. It even felt more sturdie and lighter than the busmaster I was originally going to get. The gun store owner told me he got it from a gentleman who had it sitting in his gun collection for years, shot it only a couple of times and just needed the money. I have put this one on layaway and would really like to hear from some of you all with wisdom on the topic. Any info would greatly be appreciated. By the way the serial number starts with GC015xxx if this helps. I was also wondering after reading some info on AR15.com if anyone would know if the barrel on this gun would be steel or chrome. It is slimmer than the ones on all the bushmasters at the dealer. By the way it looks just like the AR above the AR15.com home page.
Thanks again.
Josepe.
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 11:01:02 AM EDT
[#1]
How much is the dealer asking for the COLT?
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 11:04:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How much is the dealer asking for the COLT?
View Quote

He is asking $1900.00
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top