Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2001 8:17:19 AM EDT
Hello!

This is my first posting to this board.  I just discovered ya'll last night!  I have a Daewoo DR200 that is one awesome weapon, but really would love to have a CAR-15, which I can not currently afford.  I have a wife and three kids, so my financial obligations as sole breadwinner severely limit my collection!  I do however have a Glock 27 (Glock forever!), a Mossberg 500 Persuader, Ruger 10/22, and of course the Daewoo.  This posting is my way of saying hi, but I have also have a tech question I hope someone can help me with.  There are tons of accessories for ARs out there, but I have NEVER seen anything for Daewoos!  If anyone can help me out it would be great!  I am a customizing fiend, and would love to dress up my DR200.

Link Posted: 3/4/2001 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#1]
You can buy a stock kit from Ace for less than $200. Both 'pre-ban folders' and 'post-ban non-folders' are listed:

[url]http://www.riflestocks.com/html/ace_ltd__products_3.html[/url]

Link Posted: 3/4/2001 9:18:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!

I had heard of this before, with some question of the legality of putting it on a post-ban gun.  The price is right and I like the look, so I will pursue this further.  Anybody know where to find out about this?
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 9:20:58 AM EDT
[#3]
[img]mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Mar/2001344628578307103467.jpg[/img]       Ace is the place for the stocks and any local source for the purchase of an AR-15 fire control group.   You will need to replace the entire 3 pieces and get a better trigger in the trade.  Beware of cheap AR parts though.   The scope mounts are at American Spirit Arms.....good shooting.......turbo
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 9:24:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey Aircraftmech, welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 9:29:16 AM EDT
[#5]
The trigger group will, along with a U.S. mag, Butstock, and pistolgrip, total enough parts to satisfy the 922r.  Ace sends this information in its entirety with the stocks.  I keep a copy rolled up in the cheekpiece......turbo
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies, guys.  Something I forgot to mention is that I would love to attach a 37mm flare launcher.  As an aircraft mechanic, I have the tools and ability to custom machine one, but would like to avoid the hassle!  If there is not one commercially available, and I go to the trouble to make one, I would love to know if anyone else has an interest.  If I make one, I may as well make several.  Whattayathink?
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm not sure, but looking at my DR200 I've always thought it looked like a flare launcher would fit.  You would need to make some handguards though.

I have one of the ACE stocks on my DR200 and I really like it, but it feels a little long after being used to A1 stocks and CAR stocks on ARs.  One of thse days I'm going to shorten it.

Link Posted: 3/4/2001 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Most things that attatch to the barrel of an A1 AR will fit a Daewoo barrel.  The M-16 bipod fits right between the front sight and the front sling swivel.  

The ACE stocks seem to be a little long to me as well, but I heard ACE will trim them for you if you want before they send it to you.  If not it would seem to be an easy mod.

A great mod for the Daewoo is the "rapidex" windage knob for the A1 type AR.  You can get them from various places, but I bought one from Bushmaster long ago.  It replaces the standard A1 type windage drum you have that needs a bullet to adjust.  The "rapidex" knob is just that, a knob.  It gives you a serrated knob that allows you to click adjust windage.  Since the range adjustment also uses a knob on the opposite side, and there are already windage index marks for the rear sight, it's a great mod.  I have one on my K2 and it really is nice.  I don't use it much, but it just looks cool having a knob on each side that you can fully adjust your sights with.  You can just see it in the picture.
[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1289692&a=9560558&p=41854258[/img]

Ross
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top