Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2001 4:55:54 AM EDT
I have a S.A. Ultra Compact that has a rounded grip safety and I would like to get a beavertail grip safety for it.I have been looking at them in the Brownell's catalog and I not sure what would be the correct one for my gun.There is one from Smith and Alexander that says its for S.A.because of the .220" radius eliminates the gap at the top edge of the frame tangs.(Page 86)
Is this the one I need to get or is it for older models?
I'm also interested in the Hogue warparound grip.I'm guessing that I need to get a officer model because it is shorter.
I sure hope to get some help.I posted my questions over at TFL around 7:00 p.m last night and 13 hours later no one had posted any replies.
[smash]
I'm going to call their custom shop Monday morning.I'm just impatient and waiting for a Monday to get here seems strange.
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 5:27:23 AM EDT
[#1]
The most popular one is probably the Ed Brown. I've always used them, but my newest project has a Chip McCormick extreme. I really like it too. all the good ones require some minor cutting on your gun, but it's worth it because it gets the gun to sit lower in your hand, increasing control (muzzle flip) and comfort. If you're handy with a DREMEL tool, go for it. If not, any decent gunsmith can do it for you. You'll also need a commander style hammer, if you don't have one already, the old Govt. style spur is too big. A good beaver tail is essential to a good shooting 1911, in my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 5:29:54 AM EDT
[#2]
reb, I wish I could offer an answer....but I would not be sure and don't want to give you false info. However, be that as it may, I would suggest calling Brownells and simply asking. I order from Brownells so much that when I call them now they recognize my voice, say Hi Bill, ask if the order is to go to the regular Gunslinger's address and most times as how (insert a recent project here) is going. I have always had good luck with their staff being knowledgable about anything I've asked.
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 5:37:13 AM EDT
[#3]
gunslinger  is telling it like it is, call brownells and they will help you out
gunguyr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top