Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/29/2008 10:03:58 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Romney might pick the Huck.

Hell, no. Never happen.

It does seem unlikely, but if Romney is the nominee and wants to hold the south it wouldn't be a bad move.
Link Posted: 1/29/2008 10:06:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Obama will pick an older guy, like Dodd.

Clinton might pick Richardson

McCain might pick FDT (Maybe, who really knows)

Those are the predictions that I took 10 seconds to think up.
I don't see either Fred or Huck getting the VP nod by anyone. historically, it has not been a runner-up who gets the second seat...
Link Posted: 1/29/2008 10:09:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Obama will pick an older guy, like Dodd.

Clinton might pick Richardson

McCain might pick FDT (Maybe, who really knows)

Those are the predictions that I took 10 seconds to think up.

Good call.
Link Posted: 1/29/2008 10:11:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Who fucking knows, I am still  wondering who are going to be a Presidential candidates.
Link Posted: 1/29/2008 10:37:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
what about colin powell?

Now there's a good choice.  He can disengage the ticket from the current administration in general and war in Iraq in particular, while still be strong on security issues.  

How do you figure?

He's brought up by the moonbats as having lied for Bush to the UN.

Besides, don't we have ENOUGH RINO running in this election?

IIRC, he in turn had claimed to have been misled by Bush, that's why he left the White House.  But he still retain the credentials from the first Gulf War.  The idea of the thread is not to predict who we would like to have as VP, but the possibilities.  None of the viable candidates are palatable for true conservatives anyway.
Link Posted: 1/29/2008 10:37:46 AM EDT
[#6]
This thread has given me a headache.

I know the Dems will pick someone that I don't like or respect. So I was trying to think up a good ticket for the Republicans. I can't think of any good, viable matchup. It looks like the GOP presidential candiate is either going to be McCain or Romney. None of the losers are a good fit on the ticket with either of them.

Then I started trying to think of a good conservative southerner to round out the ticket. We don't have any (Jeb Bush comes to mind, but a Bush is unelectable). Rick Santorium is not a southerner and he would make a good VP then P. But, he loss his most recent campaign, thereby making him a bad choice for VP.

There are more people alive today than all the people that have lived and died over the last 5,000 years, and we don't have any real leaders!!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2008 11:08:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Fred would be a good VP. He could get legislation passed, & make witty attacks on Dems going against the President.
Link Posted: 1/29/2008 11:12:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Fred would be a good VP. He could get legislation passed, & make witty attacks on Dems going against the President.

I'm afraid that a McCain/FDT combo would look like an old man ticket...  especially against an Obama/Edwards or similar combo.

Otherwise, McCain/Thompson seems solid.

Maybe McCain/Hunter.

Whoever McCain or Romney gets paired with will be a strong conservative.  They will have to be.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top