Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/2/2001 4:57:45 AM EDT
 My wife shoots me the dirtiest looks for carrying to Mass on Sunday.  As far as I know, it's not illegal, and I consider carrying into a church to be moral.  I tell my wife that, considering the religious convictions of these middle-eastern terrorists, I'm sure they would love to come and shoot up some Christians.  After all, what could be more appealing to them than hundreds of 'helpless' infidels all in one place?  
 Anyone else carry to church and catch hell for doing it?
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 5:02:46 AM EDT
[#1]
During Colonial times, it was mandated that all able bodied men carry their firearm to church.  I you were caught without it you were fined.  Then right after chruch they would often have militia drill.

Chris Williams
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 5:06:45 AM EDT
[#2]
As the self-appointed biblical authority on this board, I can ASSURE you God has NO prohibition against carrying metal, wood, brass casings and gun powder and lead bullets into His buildings.

Evil comes from the heart, and is acted out by the body. Which tool is chosen is IRRELEVANT.

Too many so-called Christians are what we would view as anti-gun. THEY ARE WRONG.

The only remaining prohibitions would be:

1. The authority within the church (Priest, pastor, deacons elders, rabbis, etc)

2. State law.

For me personally, wherever I can, I obey state laws. Sometimes, it MAY become necessary to break state laws. If EVER I choose to do that, I will stand ready to accept my consequences. I have a God-given responsibility to protect my family. "I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 5:08:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Churches are just one more place where scumbags assume people are not carrying. The most moral thing I can do is to protect my family to the best of my ability at all times. If it's moral for me to carry anywhere else, how does it suddenly become immoral once I step inside a church? I'm glad that Texas eliminated the ban on carrying in churches, but face it: we carry when we feel we must, not when bureaucrats tell us it's okay.

If Jesus went so far as to whip the moneylenders out of the temple, what should our response be to those who enter the church with murder on their minds?

Check out this thread on AssaultWeb that deals with members protecting churches from ambush in light of the attacks a few months ago in Fort Worth, TX and a few days ago in Pakistan: [url]http://assaultweb.net/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000953.html[/url]
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 5:08:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Every now and then you read about some nut shooting up a church.  Said nut won't be shooting up *your* church.

Besides, what are you going to do, leave your piece in the car where some dirtball can break in and get it?
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 5:15:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Let me tell you a story.  

When I was in grade school, some nut job in East Texas went into a small rural church, and started shooting the place up.

One of my friend's Grandfather was in that church.  He made a run at the guy, tried to stop him, and got hit.  He died shortly thereafter.

My friend grew up not having the pleasure of knowing his Grandfather, because no-one was carrying that day.

You are not only protecting yourself and your loved ones, but also those all around you.

If just one person had been carrying in that church, things might have turned out a lot different, and a lot of good people would not have died.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 5:22:01 AM EDT
[#6]
While I'm not even close to being considered a church going man, I do believe there is scripture that firmly supports being armed.  I'm sure some of the other members who didn't fall asleep in Sunday school will know the chapter and verse.  I believe Jesus said something to the effect of, "If you have no sword, sell your robes to buy one."  If "The Man" would rather see you armed before owning any other earthly possession, then I don't believe He would be offended by you carrying into His house.    

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 5:26:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Not only is it OK to carry in church, I think that if you are legally able to do so, it is your DUTY to carry in church. As a Christian, you are not only responsible for your own life, but those around you as well. It's your duty to stand up for the weak.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 5:36:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I carry everywhere where legal. Except church!
I did until the "brethren" sent out a letter saying not to. So I carry only half of the time now.
I feel that that is one of the places that would get hit first. It's already happened before.
Bad guys feed on the defenseless.

(LDS)
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 5:36:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the affirmation boys- I'm now sure that I'm not the only one carrying at my Church.  All good points made gents- I'm forwarding this on to my wife, with hopes that she will change her mind.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 5:41:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 5:46:47 AM EDT
[#11]
MDS, if it's happened before and you feel it could happen again, why on earth would you not carry? The "brethren" don't feel you should?

I'll bet they throw a heck of a funeral service! I'd rather throw copper-jacketed lead, but that's just me.

I'd run, not walk, away from any church or Church that told me I couldn't protect my family 24/7.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 5:51:12 AM EDT
[#12]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the self-appointed biblical authority on this board, I can ASSURE you God has NO prohibition against carrying metal, wood, brass casings and gun powder and lead bullets into His buildings.

Evil comes from the heart, and is acted out by the body. Which tool is chosen is IRRELEVANT.

Too many so-called Christians are what we would view as anti-gun. THEY ARE WRONG.

1. The authority within the church (Priest, pastor, deacons elders, rabbis, etc)

2. State law.

For me personally, wherever I can, I obey state laws. Sometimes, it MAY become necessary to break state laws. If EVER I choose to do that, I will stand ready to accept my consequences. I have a God-given responsibility to protect my family. "I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
View Quote

I'm with G-man 100% on this one.  While I'm not a member of any church, I WOULDN'T be a member of a church that advocated helplessness in the face of evil.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 6:01:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Look at the 23rd Psalm and see what ends in the 4th or 5th verse.  What brings him comfort???  The Lord has no problem with one protecting himself in the face of danger.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 6:02:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 6:11:44 AM EDT
[#15]
I carry to church...hell, my pastor shoots with me sometimes and he carries a Seecamp 32acp in his pocket under his robes.  Now that is cool!!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 6:15:17 AM EDT
[#16]
I went to a Catholic high school which also used to be a military school.  We had many discussions with the faculty and clergy concerning self defense, fighting war, etc.  Responses by most of the clergy (clearly trained to answer these questions) were that the commandment "Thou shalt not kill"  is a mis-translation.  A more literal translation is "Thou shalt not commit murder"  Further clarification defined murder as directly killing a human being that poses no threat are mortal harm to you. Of course, this just led to further discussion and debate...  Often the discussions led to the topic "good vs. evil".  The popular view in today's secular world is that there is no inherant "good" or "evil".  This is not how evil deeds were explained to me!  Sometimes evil manifests in evil people who want to do no more than inflict harm and suffering on the innocent.  It is the responsibility of the "good" to defend  his/her own against this evil.  What I recall most interesting was discussions about the modus operendi(sp?) of evil doers.  Deceit, twisting of information, hiding of darkness, using the inherant morality of the good as a weapon against them by causing the good to question and lament the violence they are willing to use against the evil.  If all of this sounds like a George Bush speech, perhaps he got the same same advice I got??  QUESTION:  WHO SPENDS MORE TIME IN CHURCH, GEORGE BUSH OR JESSIE JACKSON?
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 6:15:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I know. I don't agree with it at all. I'd think that they would know what can happen to defenseless people.
Yep. It's their policy.
Not a good one by my way of thinking.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 6:31:56 AM EDT
[#18]
MDS,
 If your carrying concealed, how would they know any differance?
 I would ask them, are they guranteeing your families safety while they are in the church building?  Are they providing armed security or any security?  If they are not guranteeing your families safety, while they are gathered there, then who will take responsibility, if someone in comes and injures or kills any one of them (God please forbide it)?  Will they take the responsibility?  I bet you this will help change thier minds.  It did Blockbuster, at least in Texas.
 If it was me, screw 'em.  They won't know unless you advertise.
 I carry in church and did before pinning on the badge.  One Sunday, after the Luby's deal, we were headed to church, I walked out with my P85, my dad, asked You're carrying to church?  I said yup, Those folks at Luby's had no clue what was going to happen that day and they never expected it.  He said " Good point."  It was never mentioned again.

Link Posted: 11/2/2001 6:39:38 AM EDT
[#19]
As garandman clearly stated..its a piece of iron...sin comes from a wicked human heart..to protect your loved ones and your neighbors imo is part and parcel to the main tenet of Christianity...right after Love the Lord with all your heart and soul and mind..its Love your neighbor as yourself...protecting my neighbor from those who whould hurt his family steal his property is part of being a Christian..to not love your neighbor is a sin...these days you got to have the right tool for the right job so carrying would be mandatory if you are so called...however if he brethern decide that carrying in their chruch is forbidden then that is the way it is...it would be hard on your wife and kids to change churches but sometimes things are that way...My wife and I are in agreement on this issue so for us  it wouldnt be so much of a problem..
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 7:14:20 AM EDT
[#20]
What's the morality of dying in church?
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 7:14:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Hey MDS I am LDS as well and in my opinion I don't think it is necessary.  I would carry every where else but to church or other places deemed more sacred.  Cause you must really think of where you are.  If you think about it you are bring a weapon into the house of the lord.  While I have know a few Feds who have had to carry because they were on assignment and really had no choice in the matter.  Anyway just think about it from the point of where you are taking that weapon.  I don't belive that in Christ's time they would allow you to take your trusty war sword into the temple, do you?

R4M
[sniper]
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 7:30:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I would carry every where else but to church or other places deemed more sacred.  Cause you must really think of where you are.  If you think about it you are bring a weapon into the house of the lord.  R4M
[sniper]
View Quote

R4M -

Why is church "more sacred" than anywhere else???

A place is sacred becasue of the presence of God.

Scripture definitively states that God is everywhere.  King David asked "Where shall I go from the presence of the Lord??? If I go down to hell, behold thou art there. If I ascend to heaven, thou art there."

So, church is NO more sacred than anywhere else.

God gave us the church for OUR benefit, NOT His. We go there to hang with other people who celebrate God, and to worship Him, which is in our own best interests. So, since the church is for OUR benefit, and firearms are DEFINITELY beneficial, why wouldn't they belong in the church???

Link Posted: 11/2/2001 7:32:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Let's see ... immediately after prayer in the garden we see Peter pulling out his sword to defend Christ... hmmm to carry or not to carry...

Nope, not a tough question at all.  If legal, carry.

Granted, Christ told him to put away his sword, but I would suggest that if one can carry in the physical presence of the Lord, it must be ok.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 7:34:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Was the Garden the Temple?  Simple question if you can answer yes to that you are nuts.  And anyways MDS knows what I mean atleast I hope he does.

You also dont understand that when Christ was in his mortal ministry he traveled much correct.  He has nothing wrong with defending ones self.  But do you think he would have anyone with him carry weapons into a temple.  The garden was not a sacred place.  Therefore it was not valued as such.  When Moses Spoke with God through the burning bush he was commanded to take the shoes from his feet.  Also would you not have suspected had he had a weapon that that would have been taken off as well?

edited to add more content.

R4M
[sniper]
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 7:35:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

2. State law.

View Quote

Preach on brother!

View Quote

In this case find another church!

BigDozer66

Link Posted: 11/2/2001 7:38:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Let me tell you a story.  

When I was in grade school, some nut job in East Texas went into a small rural church, and started shooting the place up.

One of my friend's Grandfather was in that church.  He made a run at the guy, tried to stop him, and got hit.  He died shortly thereafter.

My friend grew up not having the pleasure of knowing his Grandfather, because no-one was carrying that day.

You are not only protecting yourself and your loved ones, but also those all around you.

If just one person had been carrying in that church, things might have turned out a lot different, and a lot of good people would not have died.
View Quote

Hey brother was this in gladewater?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 7:41:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Was the Garden the Temple?  Simple question if you can answer yes to that you are nuts.  And anyways MDS knows what I mean atleast I hope he does.

R4M
[sniper]
View Quote

Is it a secret LDS thing you can't share with the congregation?

Allow me to repeat:
[b]I'd run, not walk, away from any church or Church that told me I couldn't protect my family 24/7.[/b]
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 7:48:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Was the Garden the Temple?  Simple question if you can answer yes to that you are nuts.  R4M
[sniper]
View Quote

There is NOTHING sacred about the sheetrock and ceiling tiles in the building where you worship.

But your question MAKES my point for me. Christ, before the Crucifixion, went to the Garden of Gethsemane to worship God and to pray. Same reasons we go to church.

Peter brought a sword into that environment. Christ did NOT castigate him for HAVING it there, simply using it at the wrong time, to interrupt the purposes of God..

Link Posted: 11/2/2001 7:52:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Ok to put a rest to this.  If you don't belive that you are safe in your church carry.  While I might not agree with everything that my chrch leaders may say it is my obligation to my beleifs to follow them.

As for leaving some things out I did that because it I do not want to drag this out into a lengthly discusion.  Though it appears that that might not be able to be avoided at this point.

edited to awser Garnds question:

What makes those tiles and sheet rock so imnportant is that they are dedicated to God.  It's not just some building.  Anyone can go into an LDS chaple.  But not anyone can go into an LDS Temple.  Why because one was dedicated to a higher level then the other.  But both are dedicated to the God in one degree or another.  That is what makes them sacred.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 7:52:35 AM EDT
[#30]
I carry *everywhere*, period.  Schools, post offices, public buildings, everywhere.

If they want to prohibit me from carrying, they will ahve to physically come and stop me, I for one take my responsibilities as a husband and father quite seriously.

It is the only moral thing to do.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 8:10:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
edited to awser Garnds question:

What makes those tiles and sheet rock so imnportant is that they are dedicated to God.  It's not just some building.  Anyone can go into an LDS chaple.  But not anyone can go into an LDS Temple.  Why because one was dedicated to a higher level then the other.  But both are dedicated to the God in one degree or another.  That is what makes them sacred.
View Quote

Could you show me a Scripture verse for that??

Don't mean to intentionally irritate, just to cause some thought.

Link Posted: 11/2/2001 8:41:22 AM EDT
[#32]
I didn't mean to start a dang holy war by starting this topic!  I'm not actually sure what the Roman Catholic Church has to say about me carrying.  Frankly, I don't give a good damn what their policy is regarding having a concealed weapon.  I will carry concealed, regarless of whatever they say.  Trust in God to protect you, but trust also that you and your weapon may be an integral part of God's plan.  The Lord helps those who help themselves!  

On that note, has anyone here ever had their carry weapon blessed?  I was wondering if any clergy member would actually perform such a service.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 8:55:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Here's what the United Methodist Church thinks about gun control from [url]http://umns.umc.org/backgrounders/guncontrol.html[/url]

[B]GUN CONTROL

(Updated 6/01)

The United Methodist Church calls "upon all governments of the world in which there is a United Methodist presence to establish national bans on ownership by the general public of handguns, assault weapons, automatic weapon conversion kits, and weapons that cannot be detected by traditionally used metal-detection devices."[/b]

I guess I'll need to find another church to attend. [:(!]

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Could you show me a Scripture verse for that??
View Quote

Mormons have the luxory of being able to write new scripture, so this may be some stuff that is not typical Christian canon.

MDS and Rifles4Me:

I have never heard that the LDS church frowns upon carrying in church, but I am periodically inactive so I may have missed it.  What is your source for such a conclusion; was it something from the 1st presidency?  Do they frown upon carrying only in the Temple (which I kind of assumed, but which would probably be a bad idea anyway because you would have to store your weapon), or at church also?

In Utah, a church can ban CCW only if the building is posted or if the church personally notifies you that you are not allowed to carry in the building (same rule for a residence).  No LDS churches or temples are posted and I have never heard of anyone being personally told not to carry there.  I assume that if the church wanted to ban CCW it could, given that Utah is basically a theorcracy.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 10:31:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Jesus Christ: "He that hath no sword should sell his robe and buy one."

Pretty much sums up Christian weapons policy to me...

Link Posted: 11/2/2001 11:21:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 11:58:32 AM EDT
[#37]
I'll get Imposter first sence it will make the second section easier.

Ok I don't know if you are christain or not but here I go.  The bible was writen by prophets right?  Ok and according to what we belive there is a living prophet on the earth today.  And just as the prophets of old added the events of there ministerys the same is ongoing now.  Dosn't that make sence.  I mean when you think about it why would God all the sudden say well I don't think I will give them anymore divine leadership.  And then send no more revalations to the earth?  And sence God does not change it would make sence wouldn't it?

Ok Garands responce.  Well the above should answer that.  As far as accually finding a scripture on it I would have to be home.  Cause I don't have a set here with me.

Ok and last RichinCM...
Ummm you should read the versus before that.  What you aren't reading is that that pertains to missionary work.  When the Apostles went with Christ they were told not to take purse or script because they would be teaching the Jews.  Christ mission was to redeem the Jews.  But they were told to bring things with them after the death of Christ when there mission was to teach the Gentiles aka Cainanites.  They were told to buy a sword because the Cainanites were not the most savoiry bunch of people.

Anyways just wanted to put a little light on why that is in there.  And just so you can understand the purpose.  And yes I know that Peter had a sword.  I am just saying that you are only using part of that scripter and bending it to suit the needs of what you want it to say.  Sorry if that sounded like a flame but its just the way it is.

R4M
[sniper]
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 11:58:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was the Garden the Temple?  Simple question if you can answer yes to that you are nuts.  R4M
[sniper]
View Quote

There is NOTHING sacred about the sheetrock and ceiling tiles in the building where you worship.

But your question MAKES my point for me. Christ, before the Crucifixion, went to the Garden of Gethsemane to worship God and to pray. Same reasons we go to church.

Peter brought a sword into that environment. Christ did NOT castigate him for HAVING it there, simply using it at the wrong time, to interrupt the purposes of God..

View Quote

Thank you sir.  You, at least, understood the obvious point I was attempting to make.

Christs' ministry was not divided into "mortal" and ???

And if when I am (or Peter was) in the presence of the Most High God (in the personage of His Son), isn't comparable, to Moses in the presence of God in the form of the burning bush (if not more so) then I don't know what is!

Of course, I stand in a different place in my faith than the LDS teaches - not being a member of that church.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 12:10:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Legality of carrying a firearms to church.

per 16-11-127(GCA  26-2902)Deadly weapons at public gatherings

(a)Except as provided in Code Section 16-11-127.1 a person is guilty of a misdemeanor when he carries to or while at a public gathering any explosive compound, firearm, or knife designed for the purpose of offense or defense. (b)For the purpose of this code section,"public gathering" shall include but shall not be limited to , athletic or sporting events, churches or church functions, political rallies.......bla bla bla and other assorted legal jargon, I got to tired of typing that crap.  That is the way it is in GA other states may be different.

[beer]
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 12:14:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Post from FALARAK -

One of my friend's Grandfather was in that church. He made a run at the guy, tried to stop him, and got hit. He died shortly thereafter.

View Quote

I remember that day, June 22, 1980, as I was living in Shreveport when we heard the news! A church attacked? Why the heck would anyone want to attack a church full of folks? It
happened at Daingerfield's First Baptist Church.

A man armed with two handguns, two 'assault' rifles and several hundred rounds of ammunition burst in through the back doors, killing five persons and wounding 10.

I am deeply sorry that your friend's grandfather died as a result of that crazed attack. He died, in the House of the Lord, a hero's death! I am certain that his family was greatly comforted by those thoughts!

As our Lord said [red]'Greater love hath no man...'[/red], well you know the rest!

Eric The(He'llGetToKnowHisGrandfatherBetterOneDay,OfThatHeCanRestAssured!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 12:15:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let me tell you a story.  

View Quote

Hey brother was this in gladewater?

BigDozer66
View Quote

This happened in Dangerfield.  Not far tho.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 12:23:38 PM EDT
[#42]
That's right Eric.  You know more about it than I remember.  It had a profound effect on me, however, only being 9.  I lived in a town only 20 miles away, but it shook our community to the core.  I was afraid to go to church the next Sunday... I remember that.  

I wonder if the children survivors of WTC, will be afraid of large buildings in the future....

Quoted:
Post from FALARAK -

One of my friend's Grandfather was in that church. He made a run at the guy, tried to stop him, and got hit. He died shortly thereafter.

View Quote

I remember that day, June 22, 1980, as I was living in Shreveport when we heard the news! A church attacked? Why the heck would anyone want to attack a church full of folks? It
happened at Daingerfield's First Baptist Church.

A man armed with two handguns, two 'assault' rifles and several hundred rounds of ammunition burst in through the back doors, killing five persons and wounding 10.

I am deeply sorry that your friend's grandfather died as a result of that crazed attack. He died, in the House of the Lord, a hero's death! I am certain that his family was greatly comforted by those thoughts!

As our Lord said [red]'Greater love hath no man...'[/red], well you know the rest!

Eric The(He'llGetToKnowHisGrandfatherBetterOneDay,OfThatHeCanRestAssured!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 12:27:49 PM EDT
[#43]
i bet those christian pakistanies that were slaughtered wish they had been carrying at church.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 1:58:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Sacred or holy has nothing to do with this issue.  To imply that it does is to say carrying a gun is an immoral act.  It is not.  It is a neutral act, no more immoral than carrying a wallet or change in your pockets.  A person going to church without a gun but with murder in his heart is worse than someone carrying a gun without any malice.

And anyone who thinks that being in a church makes you safer somehow, think again.  The church I used to attend had a shooting during a Sunday church service.  The shooter was a former church member with a psychological problem.

Bottom line.  Do what you feel is right for you.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 2:05:18 PM EDT
[#45]
I live in a town of about 2000. The church I attend is 1st Baptist. The preacher frequently asks CCW holders, LEO's, and retired LEO's to carry in church. We sometimes have some hefty offering for revivals and such. What a target for a terr or just a maggot. It won't happen in our church.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 2:24:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Dissipator,

Get a "Catechism of the Catholic Church" (which no Catholic should be without) and look at paragraph 2264-2265.

As for blessing a gun... NO!  The blessing is meant to set the object aside for holy use, making it a sacred object called a sacramental.  You would not be able to sell it, destroy it or use it for a secular purpose (plinking, target shooting, etc.).

I coordinate the religious education office in our parish and have looked into this.  There is nothing immoral, per se, about it.  Just remember, if someone comes in to Mass to kill people, he'll be making martyrs (to die for Christ), which is the highest calll we Catholics can answer to.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 7:30:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Loonybin,
 No thanks, I'd rather make the other guy a martyr for his faith.  Under that moronic logic, the safety of my family and other parishoners would be less important than the intentions of an armed murderer.  Dying inside of a church building and offering no resistance does not make you a martyr-it makes you a coward!  
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 8:46:38 PM EDT
[#49]
For me, carrying in church or not is most constrained by legality rather than morality.  I see no moral problems with carrying concealed (or otherwise) in church.  Your brothers and sisters in Christ not only would be able to trust you not to harm them, but that you'd protect them if need be. But alas, out here in MO our law says:

"It is unlawful to carry any firearm openly or concealed into any church place where people have assembled for worship."

I guess that falls under constraint #2 stated by father G-man.

Viper Out
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 9:06:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Not a problem,,I'am a/one of the "good guys" it is my responsibility to protect others and myself from evil fcks! As I've told my kids etc. "God" would understand and expect one to defend  self/others from evil bastards even to the piont of killing them. This of course is my "God" if it exists.. I also believe that if one carries or uses a tool to engage evil fcks then we have a responsibity to be proficient in the use of these tools,,and to use enough force etc. to ensure ones safety,,and not to use more than nesessary.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top