Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2001 9:57:05 PM EDT
by SHTF i presume you mean that the police and military a re unable to contain a threat and the citizens must bear arms..is my interpetation corect?

what scenarios do you guys foresee as SHTF situations.

Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:58:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Giant meteorite crashing down to Earth.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:59:36 PM EDT
[#2]
C.H.U.D
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 10:00:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
C.H.U.D
View Quote

Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers?
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 10:03:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Fire and brimstone falling from the sky....
Rivers and lakes turning to fire....
Cats and Dogs living together.....
Mass hysteria

But really, my interpretation of a SHTF scenario is massive riots, every man for himself, nuclear/bio warfare, fighting for your very life type stuff.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 10:08:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 10:21:22 PM EDT
[#6]
SHTF is when someone cuts the power to any large city for longer than a day.

My neighbor works for PG&E here in San Francisco, used to be a line manager (now at HQ) but it is his biggest worry.

The area is served by a limited number of high tension lines, all of them pass through some desolate places. Knock down a couple towers in a row on each line, and the Bay Area has no power for a couple weeks.

Our "civilization" won't stay that way for long if the trappings of civilization stop working.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 10:58:11 PM EDT
[#7]
A CLINTON back in the White House!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top