Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2001 3:15:26 PM EDT
i'm not trolling.

my problem is. they have girl guides, why not join that. now i have to worry about girls when i'm going in the woods. leaders are going to have to build outhouses now. it's called crouching ladies. i actually kind of wish girls could stand up and pee. (i know they can... it's just messy.)

why did girls join boy scouts. am i a bigot? a hipocrit (sp?)? i think having a males only organization was (and still IS) a good idea.

i honestly don't understand why they joined. i seriously don't (i'm not being sarcastic)

i don't se what the can get out of boy scouts that they couln't get out of guides.

i'm not in it any more but when i was, i was too young to know the "unwritten rules" between men and women.

before you nail me:
manly chicks exist, but there aren't many of 'em.

i think girls should stay in there group and i'll stay in mine.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 3:26:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 3:27:45 PM EDT
[#2]
As a active Boy Scout leader/range master/camp staffer, and a Girl Scout I see both sides. Thr Girl Scouts do not have any fun things to do. Their awards and activities revolve around talking to people about u/they feel. The older girls want to go out camping and hiking. The Boy Scouts by themselves do not allow girls. The Venture/Explorer program does. This is where I met my current girlfriend. Her brother got her a job at the local camp for the summer. Just happened to be the same time I got hired as the range master. we have 5 girls in our crew and each one is an avid hiker, they can handle their own in the woods, and have proved it on numerous occasions
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 3:28:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
i agree 110% the scouts are one of the few places left that taught boys to become men.
This is another attempt by the man hateing femi-natzi's to nueter the american male.

mike
View Quote

What Mike Said.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 3:31:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
i agree 110% the scouts are one of the few places left that taught boys to become men.
This is another attempt by the man hateing femi-natzi's to nueter the american male.

mike
View Quote

What Mike Said.
View Quote

Yeah what they said
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 3:35:08 PM EDT
[#5]
well snorkel bob maybe you just found all the manly chicks, i don't know. i still think it should be guys only.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 3:45:32 PM EDT
[#6]
True we do have the exception. I just want to say I do agree with you guys saying that girls should not have access to the regular Boy Scouts but Ventureing and Exploreres are the older crowd and it doesnt conflict at all for us
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#7]
what age group is venturing and explorers?
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As a active Boy Scout leader/range master/camp staffer, and a Girl Scout I see both sides. Thr Girl Scouts do not have any fun things to do. Their awards and activities revolve around talking to people about u/they feel. The older girls want to go out camping and hiking. The Boy Scouts by themselves do not allow girls. The Venture/Explorer program does. This is where I met my current girlfriend. Her brother got her a job at the local camp for the summer. Just happened to be the same time I got hired as the range master. we have 5 girls in our crew and each one is an avid hiker, they can handle their own in the woods, and have proved it on numerous occasions
View Quote

Girl Scouts must have changed since i was in it.  We actually did things to earn the badges too.  and we had to work hard and together.  and i don't remember any feel-good crap being taught.  i learned a lot of useful things in GS that i wouldn't have learned elsewhere.  shame if it's truly as you describe it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 3:53:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
As a active Boy Scout leader/range master/camp staffer, and a Girl Scout I see both sides.
View Quote

HAHA. Snorkel Bob is a girl scout.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#10]
i agree mostly with what arlady said.

guides doesn't ahev to be touchie feelie. it can be the same stuff as scouts. it hope it is the same stuff. i just want the boys and girls seperate. boys and men need places whre they can act like boys and men.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 3:55:52 PM EDT
[#11]
that is hilarious hatebreed, i didn't pick up on it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 4:40:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey I used to be a Girl Scout too. The only way I could fish for the monster trout in the creek running thru the camp. Had to pay two dollars for the privledge.
The only problem I see is a possible sexual charge being made. A person I know was charged with some sexual charge BS. He left the door open to the bathroom while urinating during a BOY Scout meeting. Seems he had video of some of the prominent citzens of the community during swap parties.Wouldnt give vids back. BS sex charge, movies destroyed, he spent three years in jail.
Just be AWARE.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 4:46:52 PM EDT
[#13]
kiotee that's the kindof thing i'm taslking about. so what if he laft the door open? in the woods there is no door. i think if poeple can be nice and calm we wouldn't have a lot of the problems we do with sort of thing. some poeple just do everything they can to something for other people.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 5:31:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey whast wrong with me helping out my mom and my sister in their troop. my mom helped me oput when I was in scouts and I am trying to repay the favor. I have more knowledge about outdoors than anyone else there so they can definantly use the help.
PLus I get some killer deal on cookies[:D]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Ventureing officially starts at 14. But useually you dont see any till 17. Ends at 21. Explorers have a different set of rules which I am not familiar with
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 5:42:28 PM EDT
[#16]
The libs want girls in the Boy Scouts, because it is just one more symbol of mostly white, anglo-saxon males that they can undermine and ultimately attempt to destroy.  They love to destroy any and all traditions, organizations, etc. that over the years have become un-PC.  Look at the NRA.  Now, we are portrayed as being a bunch of blood thirsty, gun-wielding psychos by the libs.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hey whast wrong with me helping out my mom and my sister in their troop.
View Quote

HAHA. Snorkel Bob is REALLY a girl scout.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:08:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Dude  what the hell is your problem, at least Im out there helping out doing something for todays youth. Regardless of who it is. Maybe the world would be a better place if people like you would make a commitment to help out.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:08:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I think explorers is like 15-16 for the bottom age, but I'm not sure.
We went to this camporee in PA (elk lick maybe?) every august and one year there a few troops brought their whole families, so there were some girls there, probably 14-16 years old (remember, most of us guys were also in that age range). Well those girls had us guys who had gotten over the girls have cooties thing following them around for the entire weekend. Pretty sad really [:)]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:46:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I too have a problem with the additon of females to the BSA.  I am an Eagle Scout and have Vigil Honor in Order of the Arrow, (WWW to those who know out there!!)  I think that boys should have a place to separate themselves from girls and do all the things that boys do.  Many times these things offend some females, ie. pissing with the door open.  It is however terrible that the Girl Scouts, which I think is a government funded program, does not have the support nor the money to replicate a simmilar experince for the girls and young women today.  The BSA is 100% private and we have hundreds of summer camps and several high adventure camps.  Rather than trying to change an organization that is nearly a century old, I feel that the women who want the same type of experince should create their own.  Regretably a majority of the women's movement (NOW) and their money would never support such an endeavor.  Please understand that I do not wish to exclude girls from these activities, but the boys should be allowed to remain separate and the girls should make their own organization that is on par or exceeds the BSA.  

PS. Anyone been to Philmont?  I was there '89, '91, '93, and '95  
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 12:43:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Dude  what the hell is your problem, at least Im out there helping out doing something for todays youth. Regardless of who it is. Maybe the world would be a better place if people like you would make a commitment to help out.
View Quote

Do you wear a little brown dress?
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 4:59:44 AM EDT
[#22]
hatebreed: settle down. i think you might be kidding but that's not how snorkel bob is taking it. so what? he helps his wife, big deal.

thatnks for the contiuos info SB
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 5:15:15 AM EDT
[#23]
sharky 30 said it right, allthe guys would have been following the girls around. i'm 18, and if i went camping, with girls my age i'd try ot get em in the sack.

my best friend went on a 6 week survival course with cadets and they were in the woods the whole time. he said by the 2 or third week the girls were gettign "frisky". hehe

leaving the bathroom door open: if she's pretty and wants to see my dick, all she's gotta do is ask....

it5's like, don't invade our club cause the gov and libs say you can, create your own club and do stuff with that.

reasons why:
if  i'm camping..... the followin all pertain to camping

and i get up, i might not want to put on pants.
putting out the fire "myself"
poking at dead things with a stick
roasting the thing we poked
eating the thing we roasted
not eating vegetables or fruit except apples
if your marshmellow falls in the dirt while your toasting it, you can clean it and eat
no one will tell the good campfire stories with women around
girls always bitch, moan, and cry when we talking about snaring things... (they almost cried we taught it on OAT in cadets, the guys were just shaking there heads)
if you don't shaower fo 3 days and there's no girls around, it's ok.
full contact sports, you can't do that to girls, they weigh 95 lbs, you hit they bounce off the ground richoche (sp?) off a tree and land in a mud puddle.
they usually have prob getting dirty and not being "date clean" (as clean as you get to go on a date)the only downside is that without girls, us guys won't be able to get up and 0300 and scare them in their tent.hehe

as i've said before:
before you nail me:
manly chicks exist, but there aren't many of 'em.

OffRoad
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 7:04:46 AM EDT
[#24]
My wife is the Service unit Manager for the local GS Council. She runs 53 troops (plus her own). She takes her troop camping a couple of times a year (tent and cabin stuff), and has a couple of leaderrs who are very into the outdoors stuff.

More of the troops (diasy, brownie, cadet) are likely to do activities that involve going to the mall then going to the woods. She's often hard pressed to find enough adults to make the necessary kid/adult ratio.

She set up an orienteering program for her service unit last weekend with the local BSA and Orienteering cliubs. Of the 53 troops and close to 800 kids, she and my daughter were the only Girl Scouts to show up.

Basically, if you can't get the parents interested, it just doesn't work. And where we live there are a whole lot of other activities for the kids to do. My kids both play in two soccer leagues at the moment but still make the time for BSA and GSA activities.

BTW, the SUM job my wife does is volunteer. It only takes her 30-40 hours a week to do it. Very few of the troops she deals with appreciate her efforts at all. But she does it because she wants our daughter to see the benefits of Scouting and because she feels it's the right thing for her to do.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 9:22:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Im an Eagle Scout and semi-active Asst. Scoutmaster.  I went to Sea-Base in '95 to do the Out-Island (as a youth).  We ended up on the island with 2 other BoyScout groups, and 2 Girl Scout Groups.  They were a major distraction to many of the guys in my troop.
My Council used to have girl scouts at out summer camp at the same time as the guys, but in recent years has moved all of the girl scouts to their own week.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 1:11:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey JCR, how was the Sea Base?  I always wanted to go there, but my troop revolved around hiking and we made a Trek at Philmont every two years.  Were you in OA?
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Sea Base was a blast.  Definetely one of my most memorable scouting experiences.  I am a vigil member of OA, and spent 3 years as an officer.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 10:11:45 PM EDT
[#28]
As a Eagle Scout, OA member and now a cubmaster of my sons pack, I fully agree. Girls have the Girl Scouts. Let them organize, fund raise and promote their own program.

Anyone ever been to a National Jambo?
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 11:00:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Jambo in '93
Was the best trip I have ever taken, want to do it again. Might apply for staff the next go around
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 5:20:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Diamond Jubilee in 1985. I would love to go back.

Did you by chance get hot water for showers? We had pipes drove in the ground with shower heads on them and plywood walls around that. Twenty-six shower heads in a row, two rows in the room. Start at one and and soap and rinse as you walked, DAMN COLD. Ever shower in straight well water? Did you have to make your tables, etc....?

I remember getting heat exhaustion while marching to the grounds for, I think the Oak Ridge Boys or something, but I don't remember the concert. Someone in a white coat in the infirmary shoved four nasty black pills in my mouth, stood me up off the cot and sent me on my way. Said I wasn't bad enough to need IV's just drink.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:31:05 AM EDT
[#31]
I went to Jambo in 97, and had a blast.  Only downside of the trip was that Clinton showed up.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 9:30:29 AM EDT
[#32]
The showers were pretty nice, we had indoor ones that the staff used because we were do close to some of the staff memebers. I spent all my time at the fishing lake so I could eat, the food their sucked. This year they had subway sandwhiches and alot of food stores donate food. Wish I was there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top