Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2001 2:04:41 PM EDT
*** BREAKING NEWS ***

... In the next few days. During rush hour no less.

... Crying wolf or good scoop?

Link Posted: 11/1/2001 2:06:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Wheres the report from? That should be a first clue if its a false report.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 2:07:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Wheres the report from? That should be a first clue if its a false report.
View Quote

... Sorry, MSNBC (I know, I know)
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 2:11:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Who knows, alot of people are wondering why nothing has happened here on the west coast.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#4]
the golden gate is a definite symbol of america...not unlike the trade centers.

hope you prk folks can provide rush hour reports..insane traffic, people avoiding...etc.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 2:27:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 2:27:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Wonderful, I'm going over the Bay Brige, the GG bridge and the Richmond/San Rafael tomorrow.

Think I just caught Anthrax and will have to call in sick for the next few days.

Alex
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 2:34:26 PM EDT
[#7]
the story is on Drudge.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 2:36:10 PM EDT
[#8]

[url]http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-110101califthreat-wire.story[/url]

I hope this threat get to the people up in SF that there're genuine enemy of the US who won't be persuade by love, peace or the their beautiful little city.  I'm glad LA is, well, to me anyway, a fairly ugly town architechurally speaking... [:D]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#9]
If the Bay Bridge is the target, they were supposed to Earthquake retro fit it anyway.  If it wasn't going to kill all those commuters, it would probably be a favor to Caltrans to knock it down.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 2:46:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Corporate security for one of the energy companies here in Houston released an advisory on it to their employees.  One of my friends forwarded it to me.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 2:53:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Its all over the news about the bridges this evening...To make it public...It must be creditable.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Been said that the sources is INS. The FBI didnt know the Gray Davis was going to release a statement on it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 3:14:39 PM EDT
[#13]
If you were a terrorist, and you hear about your attack all over the news, WITH SPECIFIC TIME FRAME, wouldn't you change your plan to a different time/place?  We are not dealing with Boris and Natasha here, you know.  Very smart, Gray-out Davis.  Now we will probably get attacked Nov. 8th, or hell, day before Christmas.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 3:19:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Why don't people in the gov't just clam up and set traps, if they know it is suppose to be attacked just put out the tac team in cammo and wait........
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#15]
My favorite part of the newscast I heard was when they said how much explosives were needed and where the best place to place them would be.  I just love the media.   NOT!!
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My favorite part of the newscast I heard was when they said how much explosives were needed and where the best place to place them would be.  I just love the media.   NOT!!
View Quote

Damm Einsteins.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 4:03:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 4:11:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Stake outs and traps don't really work for boats, unless you plan on stopping every single commercial ship that passes underneath. "Remember the USS Cole" Some of these monsters take a half mile to stop.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Gov. Davis is the one putting this out. Can you believe a Democrat?

Hope they don't take down the Coronado Bridge near San Diego. Did a lot of my military training there. Nice beaches, etc.

Link Posted: 11/1/2001 4:31:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Hope they don't take down the Coronado Bridge near San Diego. Did a lot of my military training there. Nice beaches, etc.
View Quote

Isn't that where one of the SEAL teams is based?  Playing frogman around there could be hazardous to the terrorists' health. [X]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Isn't that where one of the SEAL teams is based?  Playing frogman around there could be hazardous to the terrorists' health. [X]
View Quote

Seal Team One - There the ones that will be keeping at eye on the "Fleet" - NAS, Coronado and others are there also.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:02:11 PM EDT
[#22]
[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011101/ts/attack_california_threat_dc_4.html[/url]

[b]Almost immediately, however, officials began playing down the reported threat and Davis admitted that no specific threat had been received and that he had named those bridges because they were the state's most prominent.[/b]

``I encourage all the people to use the bridges,'' Highway Patrol Commissioner Spike Helmick said, adding that ''extraordinary efforts'' had been made to ensure public safety.
``There is not a specific threat against California bridges. The information the governor got, and what he talked, to was a potential threat on bridges in the Western states.''
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:24:07 PM EDT
[#23]
You know those terrorists are so frickin arrogant, they don't see that you may be able to back a dog into a corner, but sooner or later that sucker is gonna bite you.  And too many of the past enemies of America knows what happens when we decide to BITE.  

Benjamin

Don't these jerks realize that over the course of three years if we fully mobilized we could set 40 million soldiers in their neck of the woods.  All of them with GUNS.  And that if the US populace gets fed up with this shit if it lasts more then a couple of years and takes too many lives we will all rise up every one of the 60 million firearm owners in this country and kill every arab in this nation then sit back down to dinner watching david letterman without blinking an eye or sheading a tear.
That is what these bastards are up against in the end. They don't see it however.

Benjamin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top