Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
4/25/2017 7:42:44 PM
Posted: 11/1/2001 8:44:08 AM EDT
Store managers, please help me out with this: Why do stores (hardware, gun, grocery, etc.) have such a hard time [b]displaying the prices[/b] of their products? It's terribly annoying to waste time on a shopping trip trying to figure out how much something costs. [b]Most[/b] stores do a good job of putting the price on [b]most[/b] of their products, but there are many exceptions. An example: earlier this week, I was at a local range and gun shop that was advertising a sale on "Remington shotguns and ammo". They had a large stack of UMC .44 Magnum ammo prominently displayed -- without any signs or any price tags on the boxes. I considered buying some, but I decided it wouldn't be worthwhile to hunt down a clerk to find out what the price was. [:|]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:54:05 AM EDT
Because we like to size up the customer's wallet before giving them the price. Isn't that pretty obvious.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:59:01 AM EDT
It's a sales gimmick/strategy. They want to have the customer to have to speak to the sales staff. It's done by several dealers at local gunshows. I don't care for the practice, personally.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 10:32:00 AM EDT
Well, it's a sales gimmick that I refuse to go for. I won't buy from stores that don't display prices.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 1:13:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By David_Hineline: Because we like to size up the customer's wallet before giving them the price. Isn't that pretty obvious.
View Quote
That's probably the case at some auto dealerships but I doubt my neighborhood grocery store is going to play that game with their endive and muffin mix. [;)]
Top Top