Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2001 7:41:47 PM EDT
In the spirit of the 'what's Arizona like' topic, can anyone tell me anything about what Colorado is like, laws, weather and otherwise?  I am particularly interested in the job outlook, especially for mechanical engineering...?
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 7:55:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I am in western CO and love it.  The mountains are wonderful.  The weather is awesome.  Even when it's 30 degrees, the sun shines bright and it feels good.  I don't know about jobs.  I work at and aerospace company, but there isn't much of that out this direction.  You might have good luck in Denver and surrounding areas.

I feel lucky to be able to live here.  The gun laws aren't bad.  Unless you live in Denver.  Then maybe.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Ice-9mm:

I live about in the center of the state.

Laws: Colorado has the "Gunshow" law, ie if the deal is made anywhere near a gunshow it has to go through an FFL.  Depending on the county/city CCW is possible.  If you get one, it is good throughout the state and the adjoining states generally have reciprocity.  Standard background check will take 5 minutes to a couple of hours, no mandatory wait.  Several ranges available, fair amount of federal and state land.  Class 3 is available. Good hunting.

Weather:  Depends on where you are.  The mountains that cut through the state have winter from now to mothers day with accumulations of over 144 inches (9months of winter and three months of bad skiing).  In Denver, it almost never snows on snow and the western slope has winerys, peach trees etc.

Generally, the job market is pretty good depending on your profession.  My guess is that you'd find something along the front range (Fort Collins through Denver and to Pueblo).

HTH....SRM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top