Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2001 4:55:04 PM EDT
Where do you guys shoot at? Ranges or favorite shootin spots? And do you have a favorite shop you go to, to buy accessories or ammo? I'm in the Denver metro area.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Denver metro here too, buddy.
I like the Shootist, in Englewood, or the Firing Line, out in Aurora for indoor pistol ranges, and the free unattended range up past Buffalo Creek for rifle.
For accessories and guns and ammo, I like the Tanner gun shows......58th and the Valley, held pretty often.
Nice to meet you, West Washington Park here.
May our commie mayor rot in hell.....
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Where is the range past buffalo creek?
Also I was wondering if there were any long range rifle ranges in the area. I usually just go to the Cherry Creek range or out to the grasslands.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:32:17 PM EDT
[#3]
National Forest Service can give you exact directions if you call them. It is beyond Pine, and Buffalo Creek, farther down the same road......easy to miss, one can find it by a mile marker.
It is an official Nat Forest range.....kind of a gravel pit thingy off the road, but fun, nonetheless, and free. About an hour out of Denver, up Hwy 285.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 7:10:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info, a free official place to shoot is always great to find.

Two other good gun shops for people on the West Side, for military style "Tom & Joe's" for hunting, "Green Mountain Guns"
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Colorado here! Not metro area but I am down there every weekend.  

Link Posted: 10/31/2001 7:50:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm in Western Colorado.  I go to the San Juan Range or BLM land to shoot.

[url]http://www.sanjuanrange.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 8:15:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I live in Aurora, and the best place to shoot is the Aurora Gun Club. Membership is $200 the first year and then $150 after that but the club has a lot to offer, here is a link to the web site: www.auroragunclub.com
Another place to shoot pretty close to town is at the Cherry Creek State Park where they have a public range that is $10 to shoot pistol and rifles.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 8:17:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey Colorado members, check this link.
Thanks.

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=66100[/url]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 8:28:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I shoot highpower along the front range (Boulder, Ault etc).  The longest range is Byers (Colorado Rifle Club) has regular 1000 yard competitions.  Buffalo Creek has a 600 yard range. Checkout the Colorado State Shooting association for more links [url]www.cssa.org[/url] I think.

HTH.....SRM
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 10:55:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Colorado Springs, Hi guys, and gals.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 2:31:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the tips guys(Gals? Hannah?). SS109, where is Tom and Joes at? Never heard of them. Sounds like a interesting place. Are they well stocked? P.S. Wasn't Hannah Reitsch a German women test pilot during WWII?
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 6:25:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Hi Quib, yes I am a female. Nice to meet you :)
Some info on my namesake:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/5460/hanna.html
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 6:49:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Hi! I shoot at the Aurora Gun Club, I mostly check out dave's in denver or a new one I just found is Cals sporting Armory at Fereral and Hampden.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top