Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2001 4:51:32 PM EDT
I just got my reflex II in the mail today. Here is the question. Should there be any vertical play once you have the mount tight? There is about a little more than 1/8 inch worth of vertical play in it. I havent sighted it in yet. But I can see that this may cause a problem as it shifts the POA up and down a lot.
Any help here? Thanks.

Edited to say this is on an Oly Arms 16" A2 upper.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 6:24:41 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#2]
There should be no play.

Look to see if the play is in the sight on the mount, or the mount on the carry handle, and go from there.

Jay
Arizona
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 6:38:17 PM EDT
[#3]
There will be play in the sight itself, for the outer housing floats on the lower base.

The adapter mount itself should be tight in the handle.

The 1/8" sounds about right.  I don't have mine to check, since I sent it off to Chuck for some testing he wanted to do.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#4]
What fight4yourrights said.
The outer casing will move over the base via a rubber type "shock absorber".
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 6:48:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Where it attaches to the handle is where it is loose. The wing nut is pretty tight as it is, and I hate to screw up the spring retainer by making it tighter. I think a shim would eliminate the play but that shouldn’t be necessary. Any other ideas?
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Take the wingnut off and bend the tabs in the direct of the sight, eg:  add some preload to them.  Mine is a pretty snug fit just with the friction of wedging into the handle, but I've added some preload to the wingnut before.

Also, make sure you push mount forward into the handle when mounting it (there is slop in the handle hole)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top