Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 8:52:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Out here where I live most people run little extra cab jap trucks for going up in the mud why? because its compact. most of the places to go out and get muddy are up in the hills where i live there are hundreds of miles of logging roads crossed by skid roads and jeep trails. most of my friends run 80's toyotas most have extra cabs and run a little bigger tire like a 31x10.50 which is most common on toyotas round here not many people lift there trucks because they cant afford it and it really doesnt give much of an advantage. most of the time i go up in extreamly narrow steep roads that are ussually rutted and slick. around here anyway you dont need to do much modifying to be able to do alot more with your pu. driving in the hills without 4wheel drive in any form is just plain stupid especally inthe snow because you always risk sliding off the side of the road.

For me ive got a 95 nissan XE V6 4x4 automatic I just bought some BFG Mud terrain TA KM's and put on it the KM's are of new design and recently came out you can tell the diff easly by the side lugs. and let me tell you they work some people like super swampers better but i dont because they wear out fast and ride like crap im currently running 30x9.50's some people think they are pizza cutters but ive never really bout into wide tires its just me i guess. I dont take my truck out much because i dont like scratching the paint id do take it in the mud and as soon as it starts snowing ill take it up and runn it in the snow
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I own a 98 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L 5-spd. 31" BFG Muds. Would not trade it for 1,000 Mogs, Hummers, or 1-ton Chevys.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 10:19:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I bet these suckers would vote for the Unimog.

But I would vote for George W. Bush's limo when he was Gov. here in Texas.

View Quote

GWB's limo had AZ plates?  Wild.  That's WEEESSSSSSSSST Texas, man!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top