E-Get drunk and list off their shortcumings... Over the phone
F-Tell it to their answering machine
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 10:50:07 PM EDT
[#1]
G-Sleep with their sister.

Woops!
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 10:54:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Make it easy on them and go with D. All of the other options will just mess with them.

Alex
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 11:08:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought there were fifty ways?

Best thing is to just do it.  It is like pulling off a band aid.  Do it quick and clean and then end it.  No being friends.  No "discussing" it later. Tell the truth. Just do it and move on.  Be sure it is what you want though as there is no going back.  God I wish I would have taken this advice a coupola times.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 11:18:54 PM EDT
[#4]
D all the way, with tact. Have some class and integrity.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 11:22:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree with D, just make it honest and don't do the "friends" thing.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 11:35:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Tell her the Tijuana whore you just plugged probably gave you ghonorrhea and she should get checked out.

radioman
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 11:48:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 12:02:55 AM EDT
[#8]
B.
It's good for your Ego!!!

Naw, D is the honorable way to do it.
Don't be friends.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 12:12:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Funny, but I went through this today. Option D is about the only way to go. She started the crying game, but they always do. It's the best choice for the long run though.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 6:13:02 AM EDT
[#10]
tell her you sobered up!
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 6:16:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Option D.  Then ask for a referral with one of her girlfriends!
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 6:19:00 AM EDT
[#12]
tell her you met this guy and no longer need her...

[url]www.pixyland.org/peterpan[/url]
dang, I can't get the image to work...

[img]http://www.pixyland.org/peterpan/Imagezs/peter_flies1a.jpg[/img]

nevermind, got it working... scary eh?
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 6:19:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Wooohooo, a topic I have a lot of experience in.

OK here goes.
1) Do her 1 last time.
2) The following day tell her you want to break up. Prefferably in person(be man about it) Give all your reasons. Be honest. Why? cause you can use this opportunity for a return booty call if you are honest, tactfull, and nice about the break up.
3) Send flowers a month after just to say you are thinking of her and hope she is ok and have moved on. Again for future booty call when the dry season hits.
4) Number 3 opens up possibilities to her friends BTW. She will definitely tell her friends about this and you will come up as a mature, well round, got your shit together, guy.

Much luck. And yes this does work for me. 100%
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 6:22:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
G-Sleep with their sister.

Woops!
View Quote
works every time
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 6:24:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Option Z -

Join the French Foreign Legion. Best utilized on Psycho chicks that may try to hunt you down.

[:D]

Link Posted: 10/29/2001 6:50:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 6:59:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Waldo,

You are a funny guy......and that's a good one! He! He! He! [:D]
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 7:00:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Option Z -

Join the French Foreign Legion. Best utilized on Psycho chicks that may try to hunt you down.

[:D]

View Quote

Better get a good dental plan before you join the FFL.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 7:20:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 7:20:52 AM EDT
[#20]
The best way is to convince her that its her idea, then let her do it.  Trying to convice her that it's no one's fault and it just wasn't meant to be is tricky.
Remember that if you screw her over, every woman you'll ever meet or know is going to know about it.  And if you ever want to date again you'll pay.  So at least don't do the chicken shit stuff like not returning calls, or trying to ditch her.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 7:24:43 AM EDT
[#21]
D-Come clean - you don't feel anything
View Quote

I'd reword that a little to be, "you [i]no longer[/i] feel anything."  Assuming it's true, it sounds much better.  The way you have it worded, it sounds like you never did feel anything towards her and were just using her.z
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 7:30:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

OK here goes.
1) Do her 1 last time.
2) The following day tell her you want to break up. Prefferably in person(be man about it) Give all your reasons. Be honest. Why? cause you can use this opportunity for a return booty call if you are honest, tactfull, and nice about the break up.
3) Send flowers a month after just to say you are thinking of her and hope she is ok and have moved on. Again for future booty call when the dry season hits.
4) Number 3 opens up possibilities to her friends BTW. She will definitely tell her friends about this and you will come up as a mature, well round, got your shit together, guy.

View Quote

I bow at your feet sir.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 7:39:57 AM EDT
[#23]
D come clean

Then sleep with their best friend or sister [8D]

Ropes

ps. I am still friends with most of my ex's I dont follow my own advice.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 7:43:42 AM EDT
[#24]
I agree with Cereal-Killer, make it her idea.  Point out all your faults subtly and make her feel that she could do better.  

Don't ever try the let's just be friends crap, it don't work most of the time, you always feel awkward around them if they want to hang out as friends.  

Be honest.  Be nice, but don't be a sucker.
Ice
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 8:21:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Don't forget the Seinfeld classic, "It's not you, it's me" line. It worked during my divorce because I didn't really want to tell my ex-wife I couldn't stand to live with her anymore. >gg<
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 2:05:52 PM EDT
[#26]
I like lordtrader's 4 step program and the Seinfeld classic, "It's not you, it's me" line.  [:)]
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
tell her you met this guy and no longer need her...

[url]www.pixyland.org/peterpan[/url]
dang, I can't get the image to work...

[img]http://www.pixyland.org/peterpan/Imagezs/peter_flies1a.jpg[/img]

nevermind, got it working... scary eh?
View Quote

LMFAO!!!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 3:31:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

OK here goes.
1) Do her 1 last time.

View Quote

I am glad you posted this, LT - you saved me from having to type it![}:D]

Can I say it works 110%? Sometimes it does...

To mi brotha playa, LT! [beer]
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Find something really really really stupid to get mad at them for *but make it believeable*, then blow it out of proportion and all at once yell out what she has done wrong in the relationship.  Then make up, get some, then tell them it just wont work anymore.

And her friends still love me :-), im going out with one of them this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 6:21:19 AM EDT
[#30]
"Three words: I am Gay"--Homer Simpson
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 12:59:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Set it up so she walks in on you really going at it with her sister or her mom or both.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 1:20:20 PM EDT
[#32]
You are breaking up with her because she lacks something you want.  Start demanding that she becomes the woman you DO want:

Call her at two in the morning and tell her to immediately come to your house wearing only a trenchcoat and garters.

Tell her she needs to have all your laundry done by 4:00 pm the next day.  And not too heavy on the starch!

Tell her you want her to find a female friend to join you for a threesome.

Go to dinner where YOU want to eat.  Do things YOU want to do.

You get the picture...

One of two things will happen:

1)  She'll tell you to go to hell, and you're off the hook for breaking up

or

2)  She'll accept your terms and you'll be happy, for a while at least.

I know, eventually, you may grow tired of toying with her and might have to break up, but, then, option "D" will work fine.

Have some fun first!
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 1:30:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Make sure you really want to break up.. Being a woman, sometimes men can play games, where they want space, when they could have just asked for some, instead of dumping and them come back a few weeks later.. Emotional mind games aren't fun and women cannot stand the emotional roller coaster after awhile..
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 1:54:14 PM EDT
[#34]
H-Fake your own death.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 2:22:32 PM EDT
[#35]
we should have some sort of breakup strategies development forum.

Even though I never had a girlfriend, I think I'll go with the bandwagon and recommend D.

Of course you can also use option H take a break with leniant terms.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 2:55:53 PM EDT
[#36]
You can always use the "you're a nice gal, but..." routine...

It always worked for my ex'es!  (of course they alway phrased it "your a nice guy, but...")
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top