Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2001 9:05:10 AM EDT

Does anyone have any advice about the New Dan Wesson Pistol Pack? I am interested in the .22lr
and .357mag versions.

How's the quality? What are the current prices? Where are these available?

No local dealer in my area stocks them or knows how to get them.

Is there any advantage to the interchangeable barrels? How do the triggers compare to S&W and Ruger?
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 4:00:46 PM EDT
[#1]
hit dan wesson.com on your search. made in n.y. state. mfg claims same quality as past, which is very good. pistol packs are great, if you want to change from hunting to carry etc. they also have a hunter pack in the bigger calibers. are traditionally heavy, a good thing, but are pricey. but you only buy one handgun, and actually have four! (bbl length). if you can`t get thier site, get back to me.....never heard a bad thing about them. mine has a light trigger,but i got it used. excellent shooter though!
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 4:02:45 PM EDT
[#2]
check the ar15 links, or rkba links also...
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two original Dan Wesson revolvers.  A model 15 in .357mag and a model 744 in .44mag.  The frames are a little larger than a comparable S&W.  I think the triggers are smoother though.  The heft of the revolver really tames the hot .44 magnum loads that I fire.  Both my revolvers have the heavy vented barrels with full under lug.  I have enough barrels that the guys at the range think I have a whole collection of DW's.  For the .357, I have a 4", 6", 10", and 12".  The .44 has a (2) 6", and (2) 8" (one ported and one  non-ported).  One of the 8" shrouds has a weaver scope mount on it.  

Last summer I ordered a complete new barrel assembly for the mod 744.  I got excellent service from the NEW Dan Wesson Arms (think they just use Wesson Arms now??)  The part was just as good if not better than the original barrels that I already have.  The cost of the barrels was more than I paid for the handgun.

I was thinking about giving one of their .414 magnums a try.  I have always been a fan of the .41 magnum, and this revolver uses a stretched version of that round.  

I remember when Dan Wesson revolvers were made in an old high school.  

OSA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top