Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2001 6:54:46 PM EDT
What's wrong with a society that allows leaders to embrace their me me me agendas with complete lack of morality? ... a lack of understanding of the ripple effect?
What can we achieve as a Country and for our fellow Americans when we allow so many Gov't leaders and Corporate leaders to empower the slime of the world?

How do we change this and embrace the Abe Lincolns of the day?

Link Posted: 10/27/2001 7:20:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 7:33:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Even the beloved Abe Lincoln suspended many civil rights during the War Between the States.  I know that ain't gonna sit to well with some folks.  Seems like it happens every time there is a crisis.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 7:49:36 PM EDT
[#3]
suspended many civil rights?  Ol' Honest Abe ran roughshod over the Constitution.  He did all kinds of fun stuff like blocking government buildings so a state legislature couldn't meet and vote to leave the union.

crash
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I've read somewhere how society seems to hit a peak...crash and then begin rebuilding again. With the newly rebuilt being a little bit better than before.
Seems no reason to crash though if you can get off the merry-go-round before the clock hits 12.
Just seems like a lot of good folks that should be in DC are not and many that are should not.
Perhaps it's yet to difficult for folks to look past the dollar sign to see something grander.    
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 6:28:55 AM EDT
[#5]
It used to be a Government for the people and by the people, but that was a very long time ago.

This country needs an enema!
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 6:41:45 AM EDT
[#6]
While I understand your statement of "holstering the guns", a few of these in the right hands could certainly change the mindset of the politicos...

Holster the guns, my ass! [pissed]

[img]http://www.castle-arms.com/pix/ar-pistol.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top