Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 10/27/2001 4:44:31 AM EDT
The obvious first: Rifles, handguns. Ammo, lots of it. Range bag w/tools, cleaning supplies,staple gun. Paper targets,stands,pack of stickers. Gatorade bottles filled w/sand,neon paint. Table for guns, extra table if none at range. Shooting rest. First aid kit, sunscreen for wife and son. Chairs. Shade. Packed ice chest (drinks, food). Extra water and soap for washing up. It takes me about twenty minutes to get all set up, but then I'm set for the day. I don't get out to the range that often, and when I do it's usually for a good eight hours. I live in a hot climate, and I've seen guys at the range with their wife and kids who don't even take chairs, let alone a shade or sunscreen. These are usually the people that look at me kind of funny while I'm setting up, but a couple of hours later when their kids look like lobsters my spot turns into the play area at McDonalds. I don't mind though, I'd rather the kids have a positive impression of a day at the range. So, what do you guys take?
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 4:53:30 AM EDT
Add chronograph, spotting scope, shooting mat and sight settings book. Eddie
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 5:45:37 AM EDT
My guns; My ammo; Girlfriend; GF's guns and ammo; Spotting scope; Water; GF, as she has invariably wandered off by now; Cellphone; Food money; GF, as she has again wandered off; More ammo; GF cant stay in one damn place, gotta go find her; Get distracted by GF, dont leave for range for another hour; And I finally get to range three hours after I intended to be there, I get the crappiest bench and I have to sit next to the guy with all those HKs who doesnt know what a brass catcher is. Kharn
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 7:06:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/27/2001 7:02:37 AM EDT by Derek45]
[size=5][b]Ear and eye protection ![/size=5][/b]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 7:17:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 8:07:12 AM EDT
1. Guns 2. Ammo 3. Range Bag--everything is [b]always[/b] already in there. 4. Drinks 5. $7 to get in the Range That's it! Sgtar15 [img]http://www.tartarus.net/images/food/coffee1.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 8:28:29 AM EDT
Guns Range bag that's already packed with ammo, targets, staple gun, first aid kit, cleaning items, ear plugs (fifty+pair in case someone needs some), extra tools, chokes and parts and sunscreen Chairs Two small tables Chewing gum Maybe a few more guns and extra ammo Box of clays and thrower should the desire to shoot trap arise Couple of melons Two liter Coke bottle filled with Jell-0
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 8:32:53 AM EDT
Guns (AR and my two pistols) Ammo for guns. Wife and sometimes my little brother Ear plugs and Ear Muffs (I double plug) Shooter's glasses. Targets Clothespins Zip-lock bags for brass. God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 8:44:52 AM EDT
Corrugated IPSC targets - I prefer shooting in the buff.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 8:52:08 AM EDT
Well, of course the obvious... Today's selection of handguns, rifles, and steel ammo can filled with the calibers du jour And also: Paper plates Little stick on target centers Stapler and staples Range bag, (hearing and eye protection, mag loaders, cleaning kit, bore light, broken case removers, little screwdriver to adjust sights with) 2 liter ginger ale bottle Hat with a brim Shooting jacket, if we are shooting high power rifles 5 gallon empty ice cream bucket to collect empty brass in Tarp to lay on the ground Some yummy junk food for quick energy Yard signs from last election's Democrat candidates
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 9:20:24 AM EDT
Lotsa the stuff above, though it takes more than one box for the supplies. Since I don't spend more that several hours there, I hadn't always carried water until one of the local ranges had a broken vending machine and their plumbing was strictly non-potable - for washing & flushing only. The table is a great idea. I take a roll of masking tape for covering holes. Getting there early is a plus. I hate to try to find my brass in a mess of others, and the broom only goes so far.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 8:59:11 PM EDT
1. Rifles, pistols and shotguns. 2. Ear and eye protection. 3. Ammo, ammo, and more ammo. 4. Targets-paper, waterbottles (full), one or two boxes of clay pidgeons. 5. Tools and cleaning supplies. 6. First aid kit and cell-phone. 7. Trashbags. 8. Parts I don't need anymore to sell if anybody there is interested. 9. Drinks and snacks. Pretty well covers it for me. I only live 10 minutes from the range, but I like to spend the day there if the weather is nice. Meet some of the nicest people from 3 or 4 counties there. Favorite part is letting people shoot the AR's. Converted alot that way. Range tip of the day: Empty clay pidgeon boxes are a great way to collect and separate brass.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 9:19:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Derek45: [size=5][b]Ear and eye protection ![/size=5][/b]
View Quote
Hmmm, knew I forgot to mention something. Paul, after I fill the bottles with sand, I spray them with paint 'cause since the bottles are clear, they kinda blend in with the scenery at 75 or 100 yards. Weather was nice in the Inland Empire today, I spent the day at Lytle Creek.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 9:01:22 PM EDT
Top Top