Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/26/2001 3:27:21 PM EDT
Well, maybe not everything, but quite a few things. Case in point: I went to my favorite (translated ONLY) public safety / tactical supply shop today after school and some range time (nothing better than lead therapy after a hard week studying accounting). I walk up to the shop and there is a sign on the door that says: "Due to current events, we can no longer service our civilian customers. LAW ENFORCEMENT AND PUBLIC SAFETY CUSTOMERS ONLY! We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause our customers." I work as a security guard on a part-time basis. I do not seriously consider myself a "public safety official", but I have spent my hard earned cash on numerous items (translated TOYS) at this shop over the past year or so. The only other game in town is Skaggs (translated L.E. SNOBS) and I would not do business with them even if they wanted my money. I have been in this other shop enough to know that they do really well for themselves and that a large portion of there business does come from outside of these "official channels". There is no way that they are so swamped with L.E./Public Safety business that they cannot take the business of your poor, average civilian. It just seems to me that using 9/11 as an excuse to dramatically change business practices and structure is getting a little worn out. I fail to see a credible reason for this move. I understand the concerns behind a civilian getting a hold of uniforms, or other materiel and then utilizing that materiel to commit a crime. But lets be realistic, if someone wants to commit a crime they would just move to the next available outlet for what they need and then would commit the crime. Other than that, I do not see any valid reason for changing business practices. I agree that this entity is free to choose who it associates with in the commercial arena, but to change your tune after you are three verses into a song is a pretty lousy move. Anyways, I would like to know what the rest of you think about this situation and also about the practice of using 9/11 as an excuse for just about everything under the sun. Thanks, Tony
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 8:02:15 PM EDT
If it wasn't true about the LE and P/S use only, then why wouldn't they let you use it? Wouldn't they lose money?
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 8:30:25 PM EDT
Ryan will be back in town in a week... He owns the Farm ... If you need how to get ahold of him .. drop me an email ... Ted...
Top Top