Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2001 9:00:22 PM EDT
I ordered a weapon kit from a dealer couple mounts ago. Before I received it I ordered a complete upper from them 20" A3. The kit showed up as an M4A2 when I had ordered, and the invoice noted, that I had ordered and M4A3 pre-ban kit. Also the stock showed up as a fixed/post-ban instead of a 6 position. They told me to send it back and they would replace it. I told them to send it at the same time they sent my second order to save shipping. They did. That delayed the original order a couple weeks since they had to build both uppers. The new upper came with a gas problem. They had me send it back. I added the 6 position stock to the return since it rattled in every position. So they are sending the upper and the replacement stock back to me next week. I have not asked and they have not offered to cover any return shipping. Should they cover the cost of shipping? It's just over $30 for both returns and insurance. Please share your opinions. Thanks.

Craig
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 3:46:55 AM EDT
[#1]
most generally the policy that any warranty shipping costs are covered by the consumer. this is not always carved in stone however. i deal with a co. that only expects costomer pay shipping on returns for credit. in this case, i certainly would bring it up to them, and possibly they will give you some consideration in discounts, credit or maybe even merchandise. most co`s are sreict on shipping policies, but some are not afraid to cover for errors to keep a good customer. i would certainly bribg it up!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 5:06:11 AM EDT
[#2]
The squeaky wheel gets the grease..You loose nothing by asking.
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 5:33:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I ordered something fom a car parts place online last year for $100...
They immediately charged my CC...
5 Weeks later (2 weeks after it was to have been shipped)I checked and the order had been lost (supposedly) so they gave me a credit of $20.00 if I would wait another 2 weeks for them to get it to me...
I did, 3 weeks later I called and they said it was still on backorder, I complained and asked for it at cost or I would cancel the order, they said they could not sell it at cost so I cancelled the order...
They credited back to me the ful $100...
Well.. yes the squeaky wheel does get the grease.. but sometimes it really is not worth it.. but I did end up $20 ahead before the interest on my CC ate it up...
Ted...
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 5:49:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Warlock is right. See thread on complaining, dude saved big money.
Scott
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 8:24:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The squeaky wheel gets the grease..You loose nothing by asking.
View Quote

Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced!
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I just sent a new toy back to Bushmaster. I was switched around to a few diffrent department's, but finally got someone to agree to pay the shipping. They sceduled shiping and UPS picked it up from my house.
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 2:34:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Demand professionalism.

Reputable businesses don't expect the customer to absorb costs that come from dealer mistakes or miscalculations. If the product is not as described, then they seller should make it right.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top