Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 10/25/2001 8:19:26 PM EDT
Maybe it's just me, but I get sick and tired of the Chevy commercials insinuating that you must buy Chevy in order to save the country. The worst is
Only one truck is strong enough to carry the American spirit, Chevrolet
View Quote
This is not a Ford or anyone else vs. Chevy, I just think they are using the situation to forward their sales and they insinuate if you buy anything else it is un-American. While I am at it, GM is the only automaker that tries to say that their NASCAR racer is similar to their street car when there is absolutely nothing in common between the two.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:23:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:27:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By brouhaha:
Originally Posted By LARRYG: While I am at it, GM is the only automaker that tries to say that their NASCAR racer is similar to their street car when there is absolutely nothing in common between the two.
View Quote
Not true. I've seen a few commercials from Ford saying the Taurus "races in NASCAR" alluding to "it's the same car" Yeah...uh huh [rolleyes]
View Quote
I've not seen that and I look for them. I will have to pay more attention.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 9:28:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:02:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By LARRYG: Maybe it's just me, but I get sick and tired of the Chevy commercials insinuating that you must buy Chevy in order to save the country. The worst is
Only one truck is strong enough to carry the American spirit, Chevrolet
View Quote
This is not a Ford or anyone else vs. Chevy, I just think they are using the situation to forward their sales and they insinuate if you buy anything else it is un-American.
View Quote
What do you expect them to do? Focus on their product and their quality in manufacturing?
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 1:19:27 AM EDT
Maybe they should show a couple of 1 ton dually 4x4s hooking up to a Toyota truck and ripping it in half. [:)] Speaking of Toyota trucks, has anyone noticed how freakin' many of them show in footage from Afghanistan? Maybe Toyota should use that in a commercial. Osama singing "Oh-oh what a feeling!" as he gets hit with a Maverick missile.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 2:28:46 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Boomer: Maybe they should show a couple of 1 ton dually 4x4s hooking up to a Toyota truck and ripping it in half. [:)]
View Quote
Humm, I usually just ignore commercials but I think I might watch that one.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 6:49:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Boomer: Maybe they should show a couple of 1 ton dually 4x4s hooking up to a Toyota truck and ripping it in half. I second that idea you can use my POS 83 Toy...
Top Top