Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2001 7:29:51 PM EDT
It really sounds like the tourist areas are taking it in the shorts.

Have any of you cancelled trips due to the crisis?

I have considered changing my Mexico trip to an Alaskan cruise. For some reason I am more scared of getting stranded than from terrorists.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 9:02:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I spent the last week traveling to a convention with my wife...we flew out of DFW to Atlanta to Asheville, NC.

I did NOT have any difficulties whatsoever with security.  I was sweating bullets since I am of the "terrorist" color...but they were doing random searches & I was not picked.  I did not get any double takes from security or the fully armed National Guardsmen but did get some quizzical glances from fellow travelers...but no one said anything.

In fact, security was much more thorough at little ole Asheville airport than at DFW.

Of course, if may have helped that I had something of Old Glory on me whenever I was at the airport...a pin, a shirt, etc. to show that I support this nation & its way of life.

I was surprised & pleased; the flight attendants were also friendlier since folks are beginning to travel again by plane...saves their jobs hopefully.

It is just plain wrong to cancel any trips because of the maggots that attacked us...support the economy, the country & your way of life by continuing to travel & go about your business as best as possible.

To cancel trips because of these scum would mean a victory for them & I will not give them the satisfaction.

Now is a great time to travel & visit those tourist spots that can be "pricey" at times...they are all begging for business & some have dropped rates drastically to accommodate travelers & visitors.

Travel by plane guys...preferrably one of these if you can wing it!!!!  

[-=(_)=-]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 9:51:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't stop flying, the company tells me where I have to be and when I need to be there.  I will say that the bio. warfare thing has got me concerned.  On long overseas flights I have a habit of picking up a cold or flu bug anyway.  You don't know what the hell may be in the cabin air supply anymore.  Have to go to Berlin in Nov. and have given this some thought.  Must make a living, just have to play the odds, probably get killed by a beer truck anyway.-- Good flying-- ALLONS11
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:09:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Haven't had a trip to cancel but the lines to get through security at SFO are as long as a mile (according to the paper this week) so I am not planning on making any air travel if it can be avoided.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 7:08:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It really sounds like the tourist areas are taking it in the shorts.

Have any of you cancelled trips due to the crisis?

I have considered changing my Mexico trip to an Alaskan cruise. For some reason I am more scared of getting stranded than from terrorists.
View Quote

When were you planning on going to Mexico?  I am going to Playa del Carmen in November.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top