Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2001 8:31:00 PM EDT
... how much the 'blaster' looks like a "broom handle" Mauser?

I just watched both [i]The Empire Strikes Back[/i] and [i]Return of the Jedi[/i] and couldn't help but notice the resemblance.

And of course, Carrie Fischer is totally hot in the bikini in [i]Return of the Jedi[/i]. [:P]

(hey, I'm laid off I got all the time in the world to watch movies!)  [:E]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 8:39:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

And of course, Carrie Fischer is totally hot in the bikini in [i]Return of the Jedi[/i]. [:P]
View Quote

Yeah!! Much better than that big white gown &
those cinnamon rolls stuck to her ears! [:D]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 8:41:40 PM EDT
[#2]
They are broom handle mausers. and the blaster carbines are sterlings. look real close and you can see a short mag sticking out. the prop guns fired blanks, it is said you can see the blanks ejecting in one schene (undoubtably removed from the re-done versions)
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

I beg to differ.  She wasn't wearing a bra under that white gown.  You could really tell on the big screen. [;)]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 8:55:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes broomhandles. Sterling? I don't know. Yes no bra! pretty loose too!
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 9:04:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Yup , there's the Broomhandle and the MkIV Sterlings (with a short, 5rd mag), and the stormtroopers also carried MG34's.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 9:08:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I beg to differ.  She wasn't wearing a bra under that white gown.  You could really tell on the big screen. [;)]
View Quote

hmmm... I may have to refresh my memory[:D]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 9:53:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

hmmm... I may have to refresh my memory[:D]
View Quote

It's true!!! I watched a documentary about the movie. The only thing was that her breasts were taped down (i.e no bra). George Lucus didn't want Cary Fisher to look to sexy, and Cary Fisher said that it was the most uncomfortable thing she had to endure in filming a movie.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:35:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 1:19:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yup, those were broomhandle Mausers, provided by Stembridge Gun Rentals. Hollywood does that all the time, dressing up real guns to fit the part.

Here's a pic of Han Solo's Blaster and gun belt:

[img]http://www.dreadnaught-industries.com/images/file/blasters/ANH_fullset_3.jpg[/img]

and a Stormtrooper Blaster:

[img]http://63.70.30.51/images/sw/a302nsyd_e11_l_small.jpg[/img]
View Quote

Wow, thanks for the cool pics.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 4:18:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Those carbines have scopes AND a folding monopod?  And those Stormtroopers STILL can't hit anything!

I think on Stormtrooper qual day they line up 6 feet from a barn door - everyone who CAN hit it gets rejected.  Those that miss get in.  

[;)]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 6:00:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:29:32 AM EDT
[#12]
The little rifle the Jawa used to blast R2 is a modified Enfield...pretty sure it's a #5 jungle carb.

With a big piece of pipe stuck on it.

"oooteenie" means "come here" in Jawa...they say it twice in the original.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:34:30 AM EDT
[#13]
In the original version of star wars Han blows greedo away in th enew version greedo fires first but misses....PC
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 9:42:01 AM EDT
[#14]
I believe the heavy weapons used by the stormtroopers were MG42's not MG34's. I could be wrong?!
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 9:57:36 AM EDT
[#15]
In Moss Isley spaceport, the stormtroopers also had a Lewis Gun.  With that cooling shroud, they didn't really need to dress it up that much.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 11:53:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Wow, thanks for the cool pics.
View Quote

Can you say "Wallpaper"?... [:)]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:59:00 PM EDT
[#17]
That's a folding stock, partner! Not using the extended stock and maintaining a nice tight stock weld was the reason they kept missing!
View Quote

Ahhh so it is!  

I believe the heavy weapons used by the stormtroopers were MG42's not MG34's. I could be wrong?!
View Quote

Taking in all this as a kid its no wonder I got interested in WW2....  

Link Posted: 10/25/2001 3:10:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

You ain't lyin'! Them puppies were jigglin' very nicely when she said "will someone get this walking carpet out of my way" and started walking quickly! They had a nice shape to 'em when she was standing still, too. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 4:07:01 PM EDT
[#19]
The Imperial troopers had to have had the worst marksmanship of any army that I know about.  All they did was shoot from the hip.  I kept waiting for one of them to actually raise his blaster to his shoulder and take aim.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#20]
In The Empire Strikes Back (at least the old VHS tape I have), you can actually see spent shells flying from the Sterlings in a Cloud City scene: The escape scene when Lando and Leia are firing at approaching Stormtroopers while in the boarding ramp of the Falcon.
I did the frame-by-frame on the VCR and it shows very well. Watch it!
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 4:28:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Look closely at the battle scene on the ice planet in Empire Strikes Back. You will notice some of the rebels are defending against the Walkers with German MP44s without magazines.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 9:19:07 PM EDT
[#22]

DARTH: SO YOUNG AR15 MEMBER I SEE YOU HAVE CONSTRUCTED THE NEW AR.
MEMBER: YES FATHER
DARTH: COME AND WE SHALL RULE THE UNIVERSE FATHER AND SON.

Link Posted: 10/25/2001 9:28:46 PM EDT
[#23]
My favorite scene is comes from Star Wars and it still in there.  In the scene where the stormtroopers goes into the control room where they find the droids.  Look at the stormtrooper on the right when they enter the room.  He hits his head on the door at the same time the leader communiticates.  In addition, his helmet has a dent.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 9:31:30 PM EDT
[#24]
You can also see brass casings in the detention center scene in A New Hope.  When they are in the corridor just before Leia blows a hole in the vent leading to the garbage dump.

So many little things to pick up on in those movies, if I tried to list all of the ones I know about it would be several pages long!
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 9:37:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

You ain't lyin'! Them puppies were jigglin' very nicely when she said "will someone get this walking carpet out of my way" and started walking quickly! They had a nice shape to 'em when she was standing still, too. [:D]
View Quote

I am gald I can share these things with someone else. [:)]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 9:57:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Avtomat,

While watching the revised version of The Empire Strikes Back in a THX theater (very cool) I remember thinking, "I wonder if they will edit out the spent cases ejecting from the Sterlings?"  They didn't.  They're still visible in the revised version.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top