Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2001 3:57:36 PM EDT
ok, over the past couple of years i've been accused of being racist and predjudice. mostly by girls. it hurts when they say that.

but i'm not sure if i am.

i'm not a skinhead now or in the KKK. when i was younger (grade 9) i hung out with some skinheads of similar age. i didn't have many friends at the time and i got instant friends as soon as i joined. they were mostly drunks though. i didn't start drinking till grade 12.

i'm white as loose leaf, with short hair, #1 on the sides #2 on top. i've been mistaken for a skinhead multiple times. once by a teacher, he said "are you a skinhead?"
me "no",
him "come on, it's ok if you are"
me "i'm not"
him "really i won't hold it against you"
me "i'm not!"

the weird thing is even when i was hangign out with the skinheads i didn't consider myself i skinhead. i ahd short hair, i wore blue jeans that fit, i wore non-hooded sweatshirts that fit, i wore white t shirts that fit, i wore boots.

the only big change was that i wore boots all the time not just in the winter. my parents didn't notice, cause i had always dressed this way. i wore a wallet chain for a while but that got annoying so i stopped.

would you qualify this as a traumtic childhood?

there's not any racial diversity where i live. 99.9% of people are white. if i see a black guy i stare because it's still something new.

this is going to sound stupid but...... can you guys ask me some questions so i'll know if i'm racist or not. it's something i'm kind of concerned about.

thanks

OffRoad
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 3:59:11 PM EDT
[#1]
[:x]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:01:32 PM EDT
[#2]
You are 1 of 5 possible things as it relates to racism.

1) A racist who admits it

2) A racist who is too afraid to admit it

3) A racist who pretends to not be racist when he's around people of a like mind, but then reverts back to being racist once he's with his other racist buddies

4) Not racist

5) A Minority Apologist
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you immediately "categorize" or stereotype someone you do not personally know or who you have never met on the sole basis of their ethnicity?

Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#4]
jesus, i'm afraid it's 3 or 4. that scares me.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:09:18 PM EDT
[#5]
usually it's how they dress, or how they looka t me. which is stupid cuse sometimes i dress like a dirtbag.

but it's happened somtimes.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#6]

If you haven't been exposed to blacks it's foreign to you. Doesn't mean you hate or dislike them, you're just not familiar with them.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#7]
that's what i always defend it as. i don't belive in cutting them slack cause of the pain they are "still" going through.

i'm NOT trying to start a pissing match, i just said that ot clarify my views.

attn mods: i am NOT trying to start a pissing match
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:15:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:18:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

1) Do you believe that you are superior to others of different races? If yes you are a racist.

View Quote

Elijah McCoy
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:21:41 PM EDT
[#10]
..........one..........
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Everyone is a little "racist" Using the common definition of the word.

Those who claim not to be are almost always easy to expose as hypocrites.

Each ethic group, and each individual person has good and bad points.  Pretending that we are all the same is stupid.

It is the most natural thing in the world to be more comfortable with your own brand of people.

It is OK to be suspicious of those you are not familiar with, but you should always be open to people of diverse backrounds who may prove to be good people.

Our own government has racist policies such as affirmative action, so it can't be a bad thing.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:33:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
..........one..........
View Quote

That's my point.

And dems bees da facts, man.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:37:35 PM EDT
[#13]
what's a affirmative action?

and what that negro colleg fund thing? i saw a commercial on tv for it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
what's a affirmative action?

and what that negro colleg fund thing? i saw a commercial on tv for it.
View Quote

Oh nevermind.
What's the point.

Deleted.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:45:56 PM EDT
[#15]
edited (deleted) for racist content.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#16]
you delte your post because you were afraid someone else would???

i sympathize.

OffRoad
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#17]
You think your mad?!?!?!

I have to pay for my school- drive a marginally shitty car- and eat ramen.

Yes blacks with lower GPA's at my school drive Lexus' wearing $4000 in gold teef and jewry-
all off my god damn working tax dollars.

Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:58:15 PM EDT
[#18]
No matter what people say, most stereotypes are true, no matter what race you are (this is my opinion and a generalization and is not meant to start a race war or pissing contest). Yes, there are exceptions to the rule, but because of different cultures and different ways of upbringing there are certain things about different races that makes them stand out from one another (for those that would turn that or anything else I will say in this post to a racist statement or you haven't come to the same realization that some of us have yet, keep the opinions to yourself). I live in an apt. complex of 250 units. Mostly black, some hispanic, If the white trash lesbians and the grandmother raising her grandkids move, we would be the only white people here. We are here by choice, my wife runs a learning center in the complex. Most (again, MOST) of the blacks in this complex blame everything wrong with their life on everyone but themselves, mostly whites. They pop out kids, let them run all over the place, collect welfare, don't work, smoke and drink all the time and then piss and moan about them not "gettin' theirs". You bring everything in your life upon yourself. Most of the blacks in the complex think I am here to kill them. They think I am a hitman (My wife and I have both heard people say it) because I am white and really like guns. There are generalizations about every race. Yes, many whites are control freaks and power hungry, Yes, most blacks believe there is a conspiracy against them, yes, the indian that owns the convenience store would rather have his family work 14 hours a day than hire an American employee, and yes, the Asian man who I just told a second time to read our range rules and read them to his friend (who doesn't want to speak english to me) because he doesn't think he has to read them, is saying something about me in his native language to his friend because he doesn't like the fact that this stupid white guy thinks he doesn't know anything about guns or safety. Yes, every time that happens my range officer or I watch them very closely because every (yes, EVERY) time that happens I always find them breaking rules and pointing loaded guns at their family and friends, and then they don't get why I am kicking them off the range.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Sorry for long rant.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#20]
what i said about my cousin, wasn't racist. i was fact. truth hurts don't it?
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Whatever you have to say about you cousin, tell your cousin, or that person.

If you want to post it here, do it within the stated rules.

Have a nice night.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
since the government provides free college to all blacks anyway.

what the!?!?!?>!!?!?

why the hell is that??? oh man i'm really mad now.

Damn, I missed my free college. I should not have paid for college, worked through college, and paid back those loans I made. You guys should have told me this earlier.
View Quote

i just realized affimative fucking action is why my cousin is not leo right now.

he tried to join, he's smart and strong etc. but they wouldn't let him join the local leo force cause he was white, if he had a turban on his head they would have shuffled him right in.

that really pisses me off. man, i'm really mad now.

ggggrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Wow, I'm sure there are many cities looking for qualified people to be LEOs. However, I'm sorry that a minority took that job from your cousin.
View Quote

OffRoad
View Quote

OffRoad,
 Don't worry about being racist or anything. You will fit in just fine. There are a few that think like you.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 5:24:34 PM EDT
[#23]
I have no problem with different races.  In my opinion, and this is taking a huge chance, there are "niggers" in every race.  Don't start in with " You hate blacks, you racist," BS.  My grandfather's good friend was black and he is considered family.  What cause people to despise those of the negro race is that they are the majority of the people who are on welfare, act like morons, dress like morons, drive piece of shit cars or brand damn new cars (each with gold rims and ignorant BS all over them), ride around with rap blaring for all the world to hear about blow-jobs, prostitution, drug use, and disrespect for law enforcement.  You see more blacks being arrested on shows like "Cops".  The fact is, they make up the majority of the boil on the ass of this otherwise great country.  That boil is composed of scum.  Scum that does nothing but waste tax-payers money, commit crime, and make things unsitely(sp?).  
I live in Jackson, MS.  Our city is composed of app. %65 black.  I see them everyday.  I am very used to seeing them.  I don't dislike them.  I dislike anyone who acts like I said above.  Facts are facts, the prisons are full of blacks, the neighborhoods where they are the majority are generally run down and practically destroyed, and what's with the damn cars ( I'm not gonna rant about that).
Flame at will, it makes no difference to this southern boy who just speaks the truth; nothing more, nothing less.  

Link Posted: 10/24/2001 5:29:02 PM EDT
[#24]
no actaully i missed the best part,
there wasn't anyone else competeing. he was the only one. it wasn't him vs. black guy, it was him vs. empty space,

and they chose empty space cause they had too.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 5:33:29 PM EDT
[#25]
If you don't know, then how are we supposed to know?  Why not take a look at your own actions subjectively and figure it out?

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 5:44:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have no problem with different races.  In my opinion, and this is taking a huge chance, there are "niggers" in every race. What cause people to despise those of the negro race is that they are the majority of the people who are on welfare, act like morons, dress like morons, drive piece of shit cars or brand damn new cars (each with gold rims and ignorant BS all over them), ride around with rap blaring for all the world to hear about blow-jobs, prostitution, drug use, and disrespect for law enforcement. I don't dislike them.  I dislike anyone who acts like I said above.    

View Quote

Cyhper214,
 Don't come to Phoenix. You will see some whites dressing like blacks, acting like blacks, and blaring rap music from their mostly new cars (bought or given). Now, the mexicans can act black pretty good. They even have the cars down.

Now, why would they want to do that?

I guess you said it. There some in every race. I have not seen them on COPS, yet.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You think your mad?!?!?!

I have to pay for my school- drive a marginally shitty car- and eat ramen.

Yes blacks with lower GPA's at my school drive Lexus' wearing $4000 in gold teef and jewry-
all off my god damn working tax dollars.

View Quote

Hey, what a coincidence! I was in the same boat when I was an undergraduate, and again when I went to grad school. Seems like some people were
always "styling" while I was studying.

Oh, by the way, did I mention that I am black, and I have never owned gold jewelry or a Lexus?
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#28]
OffRoad - Realize two things:

1) Human beings are an intelligent, yet flawed species.

2) ALL human beings have prejudices against other human beings, for one reason or another.

Now, you have to answer the question:

Am I intelligent enough, and willing, to momentarily put aside my prejudices about someone, and judge that ONE person to be deserving of my respect, or my contempt?

I wouldn't worry too much if you don't answer positively all the time. It's just how human beings are.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#30]
When the day comes that my own turds smell like roses and other people's still don't... then I will have something to feel superior about. But the fact of the matter is... I am no Colin Powell.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 8:01:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Hey look!! Ak_ar_man is posting? Imagine that and on a racism topic too! How are ya son? Ya heal from that spankin I gave ya yet? In case he doesn't get it, maybe you could compare it to a fictional orange grove for him. LMAO, LMMFAO.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 4:20:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If you don't know, then how are we supposed to know?  Why not take a look at your own actions subjectively and figure it out?

God Bless Texas
View Quote

Don't you mean 'objectively'?
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 6:03:55 AM EDT
[#33]
EVERYONE is prejudice.If they say they are not the are a lyre. Being prejudice or rather pre-judging a situation is part of our basic instinct for survival. We don't have many natural defenses (sharp claws, sharp teeth, speed, armor, etc.) but we do have reason. As an animal we are least threatened by other animals that are most like us. We establish concentric "comfort zones" in which we place those around us if by no other criteria; physical appearance (few of us are truly physic nor can we "smell" danger). The first "ring" in our comfort zone (those with whom we perceive the least threat) would be immediate family (parents and siblings) next would be extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins, in-laws, etc.) next might be co-workers and neighbors followed by strangers who "resemble" us (I'm not necessarily talking about skin tone) and finally strangers who look nothing like us. Everyone establishes their own zones. Few of us would survive to adulthood without them ("I've got some candy in my car little girl") sometimes they work against us (an uncle who is a pedophile for example) but in the end these comfort zones or circles are sometimes all we have to avoid a potentially dangerous situation (when was the last time you picked-up a hitchhiker with Charles Manson eyes?) Does it mean your a "bad" person or a "racist" if you say, avoid a gang of teens (you pick a color, style of dress, language, sex, etc.) gathering at the end of an otherwise deserted street? Are you a "better" human being because you travel unfamiliar parts of the city at night and strike up uninvited conversations with everyone you see? Were European Jews wrong to prejudice  Nazi Einsatz Gruppen (forgive spelling)when they rolled into town? Hey, this INDIVIDUAL Nazi never did anything to me BEFORE today. My rather lengthy point is that you are NOT evil because you make pre-judgments about people based on their age, race, skin tone, sex, religion, national origin, style of dress, etc. That means you are human. The trick is not to allow your natural instinct to pre-judge to overwhelm your ability to make rational, intelligent decisions. Prejudice only becomes evil when you act against others based solely on your pre-judgment. I'm going to step down from the mountain now.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 7:19:25 AM EDT
[#34]
All you guys are "prejuice".Me I like hanging w/my own kind/homies![;)]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:28:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Hey look!! Ak_ar_man is posting? Imagine that and on a racism topic too! How are ya son? Ya heal from that spankin I gave ya yet? In case he doesn't get it, maybe you could compare it to a fictional orange grove for him. LMAO, LMMFAO.
View Quote

Hatebreed,
 What's with the hate? Did I hurt your feelings? Since you like me so much, why don't you comment on my other post?

Hey, why did McUzi.com close? The last picture of two old men was nasty. Why you guys posted those two old men together?

Do I bother you that much? I thought we were only debating things. I have no hard feelings. Why do you?

Men usually let things go and move on in life.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:48:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

God Bless Texas
View Quote

Don't you mean 'objectively'?
View Quote

No, I meant "I HATE WORK AND I WANT TO GO HOME BEFORE I FALL ASLEEP BEHIND THE WHEEL AND DIE!"

Or I could have meant objectively.  I was typing asleep last night. [D]

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 11:28:13 AM EDT
[#37]
The biggest thing that gets me about ANY group o fpeople is when they try to fit in by making themselves stand out.  For example, I am 2nd generation American on my Dad's side.  His family came from Germany.  Am I a German-American?  Hell NO!  I was born and bred here in the USA, so I am an American.

If people of all backgrounds would remember that one of the concepts that this country was founded on is everyone is equal, there would be no need for special "titles" for groups, nor things such as "quotas" or "affimative action".

Now, more than any time in the last 50 years, we need to remember what America is all about.  We are a melting pot, where your race, color, religion, or sex should not matter, as long as you are a productive member of society.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 11:32:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have no problem with different races.  In my opinion, and this is taking a huge chance, there are "niggers" in every race. What cause people to despise those of the negro race is that they are the majority of the people who are on welfare, act like morons, dress like morons, drive piece of shit cars or brand damn new cars (each with gold rims and ignorant BS all over them), ride around with rap blaring for all the world to hear about blow-jobs, prostitution, drug use, and disrespect for law enforcement. I don't dislike them.  I dislike anyone who acts like I said above.    

View Quote

Cyhper214,
 Don't come to Phoenix. You will see some whites dressing like blacks, acting like blacks, and blaring rap music from their mostly new cars (bought or given). Now, the mexicans can act black pretty good. They even have the cars down.

Now, why would they want to do that?

I guess you said it. There some in every race. I have not seen them on COPS, yet.
View Quote

Oh believe me, we've got our fair share of them.  Of ALL races.

Edited to say: The ones that really burn my ass are the white kids with stickers that say "REDNECK" across thier windshield; yet, they have a $4,000 sound system in their TRUCK blaring Rap music.  It's rediculous.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top