Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2007 7:16:23 PM EDT
We will probably be getting my mom a C2 Taser (or whatever that $300 model is), and I dropped the idea of letting her tase me so she could see the affect. (note to self, don't open big mouth next time)

Is it possible to deploy the probes at the ground and have me pick them up and her tase me?

The electrical shock is going to hurt, but I don't really mind that. It's the damn fish hooks digging into me that I'm not looking forward to.
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 7:17:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Why dont you just have her do a drive stun on you? Cheaper than wasting an air cartridge.
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
We will probably be getting my mom a C2 Taser (or whatever that $300 model is), and I dropped the idea of letting her tase me so she could see the affect. (note to self, don't open big mouth next time)

Is it possible to deploy the probes at the ground and have me pick them up and her tase me?

The electrical shock is going to hurt, but I don't really mind that. It's the damn fish hooks digging into me that I'm not looking forward to.

I'm curious as well. Shock the hell out of me, just don't stab me with barbed shit...
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 7:18:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Why dont you just have her do a drive stun on you? Cheaper than wasting an air cartridge.

Is the C2 capable of that? I was under the impression that it could not contact tase like nicer models.
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Don't tase me, bro.
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#5]
And yes, I will post a video when this all comes together.
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 7:19:34 PM EDT
[#6]
You won't feel a thing.

Doesn't it have an option where you can use it without firing the barbs?
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 7:20:56 PM EDT
[#7]
How deep do the probes go? I always hear that the Fire Dept. comes to remove them when LEO's tase a person, will I be able to get them out myself?

What if the thing hits in the nipple? I'd hold something in front of my face and my crotch to make sure I don't get hit in either head, but I guess the naval and nipples would suck too.

Link Posted: 11/5/2007 7:22:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How deep do the probes go? I always hear that the Fire Dept. comes to remove them when LEO's tase a person, will I be able to get them out myself?

What if the thing hits in the nipple? I'd hold something in front of my face and my crotch to make sure I don't get hit in either head, but I guess the naval and nipples would suck too.

Works like a fish hook, dude.

Don't worry about your nipples. Girls find it double kinky when you mommy gives you the piercings.
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You'll be able to pull them out yourself. They dont go in that deep.

Take the shot in the back.
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 7:22:46 PM EDT
[#10]
don't let her tase you bro

good thing you arn't getting her a CCW

-patry
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 7:23:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't tase me, bro.

Yeah, don't tase him, bro!
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 7:24:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Strongly recommend you do this while standing on a DT mat and/or you have friends holding you up. Although a faceplant on a hard deck makes for good YouTube footage.
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 7:25:44 PM EDT
[#13]
What the hell is this, Taser requires a background check before you can activate the thing?

And all of the cartridges disperse "anti-felon ID confetti" that corresponds to a "registered" cartridge.

Click on "technology" than look on the bottom of page, "Check Lok".

www.taser.com/products/consumers/Pages/C2.aspx

Link Posted: 11/5/2007 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#14]
The 5 second ride is like nothing I've ever felt.  It completely incapacitated me and I sank like a rock.  There is only one way to get the probes out-you rip them out.  During training we just ripped them out of each other.  In the field, we get EMS to do it.  Personally I never felt the probes being taken out.  I was still laying there on the ground pissed off about wearing my favorite pair of Killer Loops-they broke when I was "guided" to the ground.  If I had a choice I would never get tased again.  If I had a choice of taser or pepper, I'd take the taser simply because when the juice is cut, it's over unlike pepper which makes you feel like shit for several hours (direct contamination).  If you know what I'm talking about, you know.  

ETA: I just read you were considering one for your mother.  The taser is not a substitute for deadly force and it is a one shot weapon.  If you miss or it is ineffective she is toast.  A proper firearm and training are far more effective for self defense.  If you want to get her something to carry while walking the dog, get her some pepper spray and an old golf club.
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
What the hell is this, Taser requires a background check before you can activate the thing?

And all of the cartridges disperse "anti-felon ID confetti" that corresponds to a "registered" cartridge.

You didn't know this before?

BTW, if you are careful and pay attention, you can disassemble the cartridge and remove all the tattle tale tags inside.
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 7:33:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Works like a fish hook, dude.

They are fish hooks that have not been bent.

They just pull out but my Department now requires we go to the hospital and have a Doctor remove them.
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 7:34:39 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You didn't know this before?

BTW, if you are careful and pay attention, you can disassemble the cartridge and remove all the tattle tale tags inside.

I don't care about the tattle tale tags, it's the whole registration thing that is BS. It's not a firearm, why in the hell does it need to be registered? Should we register baseball bats?

Link Posted: 11/5/2007 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I may be wrong? but civilian models have a cycle time of 30 seconds!! L.E. models are standard 5 seconds or less if the safety is manually switched off. I've had my 5 second ride (training) So the thought of 30 seconds??? Someone is going to get SHOT!!

In short "Ride the lighting" But find out the cycle time first? IMO.....
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 7:36:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The 5 second ride is like nothing I've ever felt.  It completely incapacitated me and I sank like a rock.  There is only one way to get the probes out-you rip them out.  During training we just ripped them out of each other.  In the field, we get EMS to do it.  Personally I never felt the probes being taken out.  I was still laying there on the ground pissed off about wearing my favorite pair of Killer Loops-they broke when I was "guided" to the ground.  If I had a choice I would never get tased again.  If I had a choice of taser or pepper, I'd take the taser simply because when the juice is cut, it's over unlike pepper which makes you feel like shit for several hours (direct contamination).  If you know what I'm talking about, you know.  

ETA: I just read you were considering one for your mother.  The taser is not a substitute for deadly force and it is a one shot weapon.  If you miss or it is ineffective she is toast.  A proper firearm and training are far more effective for self defense.  If you want to get her something to carry while walking the dog, get her some pepper spray and an old golf club.

In this county very few people can get a CCW, and she would not carry a firearm any ways. It was an uphill battle to get her to carry OC spray.
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 7:36:47 PM EDT
[#20]
I've been tazed.

I'd do it again, and probably will.

just go for it with the shot to your back and a bunch of couch cussions and pillows in front of you on the ground.

you'll be fine, really.

yeah it hurts a bit, for about 5 seconds,  but the experience will last a lifetime.
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 7:36:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Ride the Lightning the 5 seconds,,,Go ahead I'm not Afraid I just want to experience it
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 7:41:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I've been tazed.

I'd do it again, and probably will.

just go for it with the shot to your back and a bunch of couch cussions and pillows in front of you on the ground.

you'll be fine, really.

yeah it hurts a bit, for about 5 seconds,  but the experience will last a lifetime.

C2 model jolts for 30 seconds straight.

The 'downside' is that unlike LE models, you don't get to hit them again.
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 7:51:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

So as usual, some animals are more equal than others.  At least we can be thankful that LEO's only use theirs responsibly.
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 8:16:08 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So as usual, some animals are more equal than others.  At least we can be thankful that LEO's only use theirs responsibly.

Eh.

The whole idea of it working that way is that you pop the guy, and drop the thing. He rides the lightning while you get your ass to safety.

Taser will even give you a brand new unit for free if yours is lost/damaged because of using it this way, if you provide a copy of a police report.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top