Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2001 4:58:30 PM EDT
As you all know, Mcgreevey's ads have been ALL OVER the radio saying how they will "keep our streets and schools safe by fighting to keep the assault weapon ban" and "fight against concealed carry of a handgun in NJ."  If that democrat piece of fecal matter gets elected things are going to be worse than you ever feared in this state.

Make sure you vote!  Vote for Schundler!  HIS radio ads have stated, right out in the open, that he will fight to ABOLISH the assault weapon ban and allow CCW in our state.  Make sure you encourage all of your friends and family to GET OUT AND VOTE FOR SCHUNDLER!  We are on the brink of real hope for NJ gun owners!

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:34:14 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:06:56 AM EDT
[#2]
He has 4 votes coming from my home. Don't forget, he said he will end tolls on the GSP too!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:09:36 AM EDT
[#3]
as long as pro-gunners are pro-life, they will never win.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:11:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I've seen McGreevey's ad on TV. Attention NJ gunowners[size=6][b][red]WAKE UP NEW JERSEY!!![/red][/b][/size=6]

Your state is already a mess, vote for Schundler, hopefully he'll be able to fix it.

?!?!Thank god I live in NY?!?!?[whacko]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:28:37 AM EDT
[#5]
btt...
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:46:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I saw Mcgreevey's ads also and they made me... [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/pukeface.gif[/img]
I really didn't think it could be any worse than it is already but it will be if this idiot gets in.

I'm with waverunner, thank god I live in NY and not NJ!!!!!

Ybbeat
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:50:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I intend to vote for Schundler, but it seems like he isn`t campaigning on TV or radio. It definitely appears the party hacks are letting him swing in the breeze.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 9:28:41 AM EDT
[#8]
He's certainly campaigning on email.  I must have gotten twenty just his week.  I think I'll vote for him anyway.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 11:18:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't live in NJ, but I ran into some useful info that maybe relavent to this debate.
=====================================================
[url]http://www.bergen.com/campaign/govad24200110242.htm[/url]

Ad watch: Jim McGreevey on Gun Control
Wednesday, October 24, 2001

Candidate: Jim McGreevey, Democrat

Subject: Gun control

Producer: Greer, Margolis, Mitchell, Burns & Associates

MEDIUM

Thirty-second television ad that began running Tuesday on New York and Philadelphia television and New Jersey cable.

THE TEXT

(Narrator) The Philadelphia Inquirer says Bret Schundler "supports a law permitting the carrying of concealed guns." That's right. Bret Schundler promised the gun lobby he'd sign a law allowing people to carry concealed guns. And that's why New Jersey police say Schundler's position on guns is "extreme."

(Voice of Jim McGreevey) I stood up to the gun lobby and voted to ban assault weapons. The only people who should carry concealed weapons are cops. Concealed guns in New Jersey? Not if I'm governor.

VISUALS

Footage includes an unsmiling picture of Schundler superimposed on a swift moving montage of images, including a man pulling back his denim jacket to reveal a holstered handgun stuffed under his belt. Other images include three police officers, and close-up of McGreevey.

THE SPIN

The subject is guns, but the real message here is ideology. As he has from almost the outset of the campaign, McGreevey wants voters to think of Schundler, his Republican rival for governor, as a conservative whose views are out of sync with most moderate-leaning voters in New Jersey. The key phrase in the ad is the reference to "extreme" in the Fraternal Order of Police's endorsement. The ad also attempts to make voters believe the concealed weapons bill has some momentum in Trenton and McGreevey would stop it, when in fact it has languished in committee for years.

THE FACTS

Schundler did say he would support a law permitting people with the proper training to carry concealed guns, but only if it passed the Legislature with widespread public support. But Schundler said he doubted that the measure would go anywhere and that he would not lobby for its passage. In August, Schundler changed his tune, claiming his position on concealed weapons was misunderstood and that he only supported legislation that would allow people to carry weapons in rare circumstances, such as a woman who has received a death threat. Schundler also said he has since learned that such a provision is already permitted in state law. He also says that if elected, he would enforce the state's gun control laws and not try to change them. McGreevey did vote for former Gov. Jim Florio's ban on semiautomatic "assault-style" weapons as a member of the Assembly in 1990. -->

Copyright © 2001 North Jersey Media Group Inc.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 3:37:05 PM EDT
[#10]
btt...
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 6:24:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top