Alert!  Check this out:

[url]www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A23646-2001Oct19.html[/url]

Damn them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#1]
You got for us to,I'll check it out.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 10:38:21 AM EDT
[#2]
DO it for the Children!  Buy an Air rifle for your loved little ones and train them on it's safe operation today!
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 10:41:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I heard about this a while ago... but what is the point that WE would be making?

The kid's friend pointed a bbgun at him and dry fired it (so he thought).  We all know basic firearms rules apply to airguns.  Sounds like the two boys are just dumba$$es that failed to follow safety rules.  Aside from the 'flaw' of a bb becoming lodged somewhere and possibly becoming chambered when dry firing (which shouldn't be done anyway), the boys are completely at fault.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 12:39:27 PM EDT
[#4]
It concerns me.

btt.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 12:54:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe, just maybe, if parents would pull thier heads out of there asses and teach kids gun safety, stupid incidents like this wouldn't happen.  Drill the kids, make them learn the ten commandments of gun safety for a prize.  Hell, I would have gladly done it for 10 bucks.  Those 10 rules, once memorized, will stick with you for the rest of your life.  Some people are ignorant, but it's not always their fault.  A little basic gun safety would prevent many of these mishaps from happening.  But, nooooooo, let's just ban the god damn Daisy Red Ryder.  WTF!!!  Birds would overpopulate and eventually organize a coup to overthrow human civilization as we know it.  Just imagine, a few well placed Sparrows into some main power grids.  Then one thing leads to another and...wham!  
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe, just maybe, if parents would pull thier heads out of there asses and teach kids gun safety, stupid incidents like this wouldn't happen.  Drill the kids, make them learn the ten commandments of gun safety for a prize.  Hell, I would have gladly done it for 10 bucks.  Those 10 rules, once memorized, will stick with you for the rest of your life.  Some people are ignorant, but it's not always their fault.  A little basic gun safety would prevent many of these mishaps from happening.  But, nooooooo, let's just ban the god damn Daisy Red Ryder.  WTF!!!  Birds would overpopulate and eventually organize a coup to overthrow human civilization as we know it.  Just imagine, a few well placed Sparrows into some main power grids.  Then one thing leads to another and...wham!  
View Quote

An interesting point, for sure.

I wonder how many black birds (alone) are killed by BB guns?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top