Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2001 12:10:38 PM EDT
Anyone ever seen one of these colossal hunks of crap for sale ? or know of a web site dedicated to them ?

[puke]
[@:D]
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#1]
There were supposed to be civvy versions that were to eventually make it to the states but it never materialized with the Bush Sr/ Bennett import ban. Just one of those things that turned out to be a good byproduct I suppose unless you are in to owning really expensive POS.
Hey my 25th post! Yea!!! Oh yeah got a new Bushie a few days prior. A Mini-Y Comp 14 A1. Wanted the A3 but alas they were out. But this is good, that Y-Comp is coming off tho and gonna have a KKF A2/A3 put on. Hey it's my 25th post so had to make it a really good one seeing how's I'm not a Jr anymore. [X] [:D][}:D]

Sorry got away from the original topic some. Got to admit they look pretty kewl tho (L85's) too bad they really suck!
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 2:28:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I actually like them. Have worked with them on occasion. Not as nice as my SteyrAUG but I deperately want one. I don't think any, in any configuration were ever imported. Damn shame nice rifle. A few bugs, mostly stocks, but they do accept AR mags and are comfortable to shoot. Easily my second favorite bulllpup. The FAMAS is a POS.
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Some guy has one semi-auto that made it into the states before the ban.  He also has enough parts supposedly to make one or two more rifles, and owns the rights to manufacture them in the US.  He's always trying to sell the package in GunList once in a while.  I've actually met the guy and seen the gun.  It's for real alright, but he wants big bucks for the whole deal.  It's also the whole deal or nothing as well.

I don't think it would make sense to build it here.  The gun itself already has a bad rep that would carry over to any version made here in the US, even if it was perfectly reliable.  The gun itself would only have a limited market, right handed shooters who want a bullpup.  The bullpup is just not for every American, and that's going to affect sales.  Add that to the risk of trying to produce and market a gun in the first place, and worse yet an assault rifle which could not be sold in several states already, and it's not a winning combination.  

Ross
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 10:26:06 PM EDT
[#4]
It's for real alright, but he wants big bucks for the whole deal.
Ross
View Quote

Big bucks == 15k the last time I saw it.

L85 right?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top