Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2001 5:58:49 PM EDT
Was at the range yesterday sighting in my new A.C.O.G. NSN on my m4-a2 minding my own business when this supposed ex-ranger walks up and out of the blue starts telling me what a piece of $hit A-R`S Are.Well needless to say me and this ex-cook,laundry boy punk would have settled this in a gentlemenly fashion if not for my 300 lb. friend that was with me and directed this idiot to leave and obviously he wasn`t totally stupid because he left without further comment.To make a long story short have you ever noticed people either love em or hate em?
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Generally, if someone walks up talking sh!t... They are full of sh!t. If someone has something at the range that I think is crap, I don't say anything. Ain't my problem.
As for the AR15/M16, the people I know who bet actually use them for something other than "range" work, like them very much.
As for the ACOG NSN... Nice scope past 50m. Don't want it up close. Never tried the top mt sights on one though.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I meet bozo's like that all the time.

They are usually bashing AR's as they let off a volley with their SKS.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Exactly,I don`t care what they are there with at least they are there.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 6:17:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually, all through Marine Corp boot camp, I thought the M-16 was a huge turd.  Then I got to the fleet and got ahold of one that hadn't been beat to hell and back, or disassembled and reassembled 20 times a day and discovered the true beauty of them.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#5]
garheadjr,
my buddy said the same thing,once he got one that was anything like new it was a totally different gun,now since he has been out he owns three.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 7:05:34 PM EDT
[#6]
How IS DThor doing nowadays ?
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:08:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Every time I go to the range, there are at least two othe AR shooters.  Yesterday at Carter's Country there were at least four other AR shooters that I saw other than my wife and myself.  One guy and his kid were shooting his 9mm pre-ban, and the other three were shooting .223.  One was post-ban, and he had his two boys with him as well, reloading magazines and taking turns shooting.

Now if all the damn hunters would quit bringing out their hunting rifles which they sight in yearly and then put away after deer season. [:D]  They always seem to think I'm the nut because I own an AR.

Still, if anyone has anything to say about my black rifle, I'm the 300lb guy who says they can take a hike.

God Bless Texas
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top