Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2001 12:42:00 PM EDT
I was watching some cheesy B scifi movie last night and these swat guy,s pile out of their bread van and start dancing around yelling " hut hut hut" Is this real or just some Hollywood SWAT BS stereotype ? If I remember, Blues Bros had the same hut hut SWAT scene.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 12:44:32 PM EDT
[#1]
i saw it on blues brothers. man that was funny.

it's gotta be hollywood. would YOU yell hut hut hut hut hut ?

OffRoad
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 12:47:02 PM EDT
[#2]
heehee, I love that movie.

Danging from a rope down the side of a building, alone..

"..hut...hut...hut..."
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 12:53:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Probably because the actors are all out of work WWF football players.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 12:54:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Hollywood pure unadulterated BS.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 1:01:29 PM EDT
[#5]
It helps distract them from the fact that they routinely violate the US Constitution.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 1:11:22 PM EDT
[#6]
As a tactical team member at a correctional center, we only make noise when we are advancing on a target as a uniform team and we are already known to be there. (not hut hut hut hut). We make noise in formations as an intimidation factor, to show organization and such. We NEVER under any circumstance do this while attempting to rescue a hostage or breach a building.  All Hollywood.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#7]
It's because we're so excited that we actually get to violate someone's civil rights again.  Helps us get worked up for breaking in innocent citizens' doors and beating them senseless.  Useful for intimidation, too- if the little old ladies are scared enough they get out of your way, and you don' have to beat them.  Not that it's not fun to do so, but they break easily and then you have to write a report.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top