Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Responding to the question of how much foreign aid Syria receives from the US, a2carbine replies:

Quoted:

Much much much more cash than the jews got,over all last year Afghan got the most from us.

View Quote

So Syria gets more foreign aid from the US than Israel?  And Afghanistan received THE MOST US foreign aid of ANY country last year????!

Are you sure of your facts, a2 ??????

DaMan
View Quote

Yes I am damn sure of the all the facts,Syria gets a hell of alot more money from the US than Israel,the only thing they really get from us is weapons.

Yes thats what I said The Afghans get more aid(food,med crap,ect)
And Syria gets CASH from us.
It's not like you need to be F*ing 007 to find this stuff out,we give people what they ask for and Israel asks from weapons, Afghanistan asks from food and Syria asks from cash money.
If you add it all up Afghanistan and Syria get more than Israel.
So epople that say that we are in some way Israel's lap dog and give them every thing are full of SH!T and don't know what the hell they are talking about.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No fan of Israel, what a strange thing for a freedom loving American to say.

Do you have a problem with Democracy?  Israel is the only democracy in the middle east.

Do you have a problem with Freedom of Religon?  Israel allows every religion known to worship freely.

The closest friend that The United States has any whre in the world is Israel, Just ask any American Serviceman that has ever served in the Middle East.

http://cfijerusalem.org

Adam
View Quote
Best friend? Not, though I'm no lover of the Brits,,they are!
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 2:04:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
WOW grandman I'm soooo impressed [rolleyes], your sister-in-law is soooo brave [rolleyes]

If she was treated soooo badly in Isreal, why didn't she take that white brave [rolleyes] ass of her's to an adjoining country?  

All they(Isreal) did was to harass the religious nuts your brave sister-in-law [rolleyes] is.

[rolleyes]
View Quote

Why are you ragging on my sister-in-law???

I make a statement of FACT and you feel the need to attack her charachter and insult her?/

way to go, big man. Insult a female when you can't argue the facts.

Friggen 15 year-olds I gotta put up with here.

View Quote

Let me jump in here,to attack his sister-in-law is just dumb.
Isreal will crack down on people to keep them sefe,how they do it may not be right but look at what we NEED to do now in America.
Isreal has had cowards like this pu$$y Bin laden
killing people over there for years,they can't just let an America aid workers run all over with sh!t that will get her killed,but you have to see why it would fip somebody out to go tough something like that.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 2:06:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rrrriiiigggghhhhtttt.

Some Arian Nation momo cooked this shit up in his methlab. [:)] NOT

Just so happens that every media outlett that was attacked ran serious anti Osama Bin Dog stories the week before the letters were mailed.

Also let us not forget that the House offices were attacked as well.

View Quote

I don't think anybody is implying that domestic fringe right groups have the technical or financial sophistication to pull this off.  Personally, I find it amazing that some of them are able to put their pants on one leg at a time.

It is clearly "state-sponsored."  But by whom?  And no, I'm not saying Israel is doing it either.

View Quote

Canada - they laugh at us cuz we can't skate and we think good beer is Budwiser.

Bastards
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#5]
You Goys need any help on this one? I mean, you should have come to the chief pro-Israeli gun nut on the Board to assist you on this thread!

Why is it so painfully obvious that the rascals behind [b]all[/b] of these attacks are the Bin Laden group and all of its sponsors, and yet you look for another? Tsk, tsk, tsk!

Sure some of the more clumsy efforts may be due to copy-cats, but the original, serious anthrax attacks have all the earmarks of a Bin Laden caper!  Did we not learn that members of his 'crew' were looking for crop-dusting planes when this whole matter 'hit the fan'? I mean, what did you think they were going to spread with those crop dusters? Ramadan candies?

Didn't we learn the FBI is looking for a Pakastani man in New Jersey (BTW, yet another bastard who overstayed his friggin visa, without so much as a squeak from the INS!), that is wanted for questioning in the matter of the letters sent to Daschle and Brokaw?

[b]So, Master, why doesn't Israel get attacked with anthrax?[/b]

I suppose that it may have something to do with the extraordinary precautions that the Israelis already take with their mail, their close proximity to 'the holy site' (remember, it's the 'third' most holy site in all of Muslimdom, right?), and the fact that Bin Laden probably has more on his plate right now than he can handle. Stirring up the hated Israelis right now might not prove wise, eh? It would be a diversion he can't afford at the moment.

Meanwhile, the Israelis [u]are[/u] having their own anthrax scare, see:[url]http://www.jpost.com/Editions/2001/10/22/News/News.36678.html[/url].

Next time, send for [b]Ezra Ben Hun![/b] He's available, any time, day of night, through my own good offices! [:D]

Eric The('TheJewesAreTheMenWhoWon'tBeBlamedForNothing')Hun[>]:)]

Hey, you will get special attention to all [i]EzraBenHun[/i] questions, if you can tell me where my parenthetical remark came from, GOY!
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 2:13:25 PM EDT
[#6]
"As you can see, Syria doesn't get squat in US foreign aid! And this is as it should be!"

Man come on! I know all about the Heritage Foundation,it's a good think tank but they really now more of a counter left wing press buch.
They ARE NOT looking at all aid we do things with the UN over there other orgs that work in Syria that get money to do there thing from the US gov.
we have to add it all up,the Heritage Foundation does not do that,they fell they need to make a point about what they think is to much aid to other people and they will use the anti-jew d!ck heads if the need to.

Tell me this how much money dose the Arab orgs that looby in the US get?
How much of your money did the UN put out over there?
Most of the money that they get in  Israel from the US is from rich Jews anyway.

Link Posted: 10/22/2001 2:22:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
re: source of anthrax -

I don't believe any domestic terrorists have the brains to pull this off. Tim McVeigh wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I believe it is militant Islamics, specifically targeting Leftists, in hopes the Leftists will blame Conservative gun owners.

Actually, its a brilliant plan, if you are into that sort of thing. Use the anthrax to put a rift right down the middle of the USA - exploiting an alredy volatile situation.

And if you are REALLY lucky, you get guns banned in the USA - thereby eliminating what Admiral Yamamoto knew that prevented a Japanese mainland attack. In the US, any atackers "would find a rifle behind every blade of grass."

View Quote

Garandman you right, look man the"Right wing Militas" are all but dead anyway.
The Feds know that Saddam has got so OLD Anthrax from the old USSR bio weapons prog.
They don't say they know that it's him he could give it to any one or anybody could get it the sam way he did.
The point is this is old anthrax and it does not work very well it could very well be that old anthrax.

I'll tell you what the FBI said to me"this is nothing more than somebody's test,they want to see what we do and what the CDC will do so the next one will kill more people"

They have for years put us to the test littel by littel to see what we will do, and over time they can see how better to attack us,thats all this is.

PS:They attack Israel all the time and will again but for now they want us out of the way.
They don't think it will do any good to try this with them cuz we will just save the day.
Thats "Why no anthrax attacks in Israel"
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 2:23:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe the terrorists didn't have enough stamps!

[:P]

DaMan
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 2:39:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 2:39:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
WOW grandman I'm soooo impressed [rolleyes], your sister-in-law is soooo brave [rolleyes]

If she was treated soooo badly in Israel, why didn't she take that white brave [rolleyes] ass of her's to an adjoining country?  

All they(Israel) did was to harass the religious nuts your brave sister-in-law [rolleyes] is.

[rolleyes]
View Quote

Why are you ragging on my sister-in-law???

I make a statement of FACT and you feel the need to attack her charachter and insult her?/

way to go, big man. Insult a female when you can't argue the facts.

Friggen 15 year-olds I gotta put up with here.

View Quote

Let me jump in here,to attack his sister-in-law is just dumb.
Isreal will crack down on people to keep them sefe,how they do it may not be right but look at what we NEED to do now in America.
Isreal has had cowards like this pu$$y Bin laden
killing people over there for years,they can't just let an America aid workers run all over with sh!t that will get her killed,but you have to see why it would fip somebody out to go tough something like that.
View Quote

I am not insulting her character, but I am insulting yours.  You present a very trivial instance of preventing someone's ideology of religious freedom, and present it like Israel prevents religious freedom.  What they did is no different than what happens here.  We too have limits to the allowances of religious freedom.  Your sister-in-law's actions are similar to other religious groups actions, like the Hari Krishna being banned from airports.  Something you, in a sheepish child-like manner, removed.

a2carbine-
WTF did you just state in those quotes? Now that's dumb.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Responding to the question of how much foreign aid Syria receives from the US, a2carbine replies:

Quoted:

Much much much more cash than the jews got,over all last year Afghan got the most from us.

View Quote

So Syria gets more foreign aid from the US than Israel?  And Afghanistan received THE MOST US foreign aid of ANY country last year????!

Are you sure of your facts, a2 ??????

DaMan
View Quote

Yes I am damn sure of the all the facts,Syria gets a hell of alot more money from the US than Israel,the only thing they really get from us is weapons.

It's not like you need to be F*ing 007 to find this stuff out,we give people what they ask for and Israel asks from weapons, Afghanistan asks from food and Syria asks from cash money.
So epople that say that we are in some way Israel's lap dog and give them every thing are full of SH!T and don't know what the hell they are talking about.
View Quote

No folks, a2carbine is not putting you on! He believes what he says. Scary, ain't it?  
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 3:03:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Do you have a problem with Democracy?  Israel is the only democracy in the middle east.

Do you have a problem with Freedom of Religon?  Israel allows every religion known to worship freely.

The closest friend that The United States has any whre in the world is Israel, Just ask any American Serviceman that has ever served in the Middle East.

Adam
View Quote

Shalom...
ata bemet meIsrael?

Any meItalia, aval haisha sheli meIsrael...
Ym kacha, zeh bemet meiuzar sheata poh...
baruch haba, haver...

(Translation for the americans

Shalom...
are you really from Israel?
I am from Italy, but my wife is from Israel.
If so, it's ery strange that you are here...
welcome, friend)

PaoloAR15
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Meanwhile, the Israelis [u]are[/u] having their own anthrax scare, see:[url]http://www.jpost.com/Editions/2001/10/22/News/News.36678.html[/url].

Next time, send for [b]Ezra Ben Hun![/b] He's available, any time, day of night, through my own good offices! [:D]

Eric The('TheJewesAreTheMenWhoWon'tBeBlamedForNothing')Hun[>]:)]

Hey, you will get special attention to all [i]EzraBenHun[/i] questions, if you can tell me where my parenthetical remark came from, GOY!
View Quote

[i]Authority spokesman Yitzhak Rabihiya said that even though [b]not a single sign of anthrax has been found here[/b], each piece of suspicious mail is treated with utmost care. [/i]

NO REAL CASES OF ANTHRAX.

Ezra (if I may call you that), it seems that since Israel is the center of all evil in the world according to fringe Arabs, that they would be the most likely target with scarce resources.

I have no doubt that Bin Laden and his supporters are behind it, I just thought it odd that Isreal hasn't been targeted too.

Something just isn't right about this.  If it looks and smells like shi*, it probably is shi*.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 3:30:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

[b](remember, it's the 'third' most holy site in all of Muslimdom, right)[/b]

View Quote

"Muslimdom?"  Sounds like a Dan Rather joint to me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 3:31:51 PM EDT
[#15]
You asked facts?
I'll give you facts, Garandman.

1)Quoted:
Do you have a problem with Democracy? Israel is the only democracy in the middle east.

Written by Garandman:
I suppose THAT is why all their leaders since 1948 (prior to which Israel as a nation did not exist) have been former MILITARY generals??? Some democracy, when ONLY the military gets to "play."

It's completely pointless. Eisenhower was a general, Washington was a general, Grant was a general. This don't make USA a dictatorship. The point is that ALL Israelis made a real military service and the best people became high rank in Tzaha'l. I don't say they are also the best politicians (look Sharon, for example), but the Prime ministers of Israel were not all generals (Golda Meir? Levi Eshkol? Aba Eban) and most of them retired long time ago before to start political career.

2)AdamIsraeli wrote:
Do you have a problem with Freedom of Religon? Israel allows every religion known to worship freely.

Garandman replied:
Is that why my sister-in-law on a mission trip to Israel had to throw salvation tracts out the bus window, for fear of being put in jail if she were caught??? If THAT is religious, give me the USSR

My wife is Israeli and jewish. I am Italian and Buddhist. I brought with me my mandala and all the books and things of my buddhist worship in Israel, chanting, meeting friends and nobody gave a damn if I was jewish or not. C'mon... don't you have something better to find against this?

3) AdamIsraeli wrote:
THe closest friend that The United States has any whre in the world is Israel, Just ask any American Serviceman that has ever served in the Middle East.

Adam

Garandman replied:
USS Liberty - 1967. With freinds like that, we don't need Saddam. ANYWHERE in the world?? You abuse of superlatives ALONE falsifies your arguments.

Again with Liberty!!! Tell me one thing... this mean that only USA can spy a friend nation without notice and all the other people cannot take countermeasures?
Believe me, when I was in the paratroops, I would shoot to anyone, american, italian, israeli or whatever, that is not in the right place, if I have to defend my country. And any american, or Israeli would do the same.

Now I am waiting from you a better arguments...

Shalom Garandman...

Link Posted: 10/22/2001 3:36:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is clearly "state-sponsored."
View Quote

Really?  While it would be very difficult for a lone, Unabomber-style terrorist to prepare his own anthrax spores, I'd expect a state-sponsored attack to involve more than a few contaminated letters.  Why use anthrax in such piddling amounts?
View Quote

It takes sophisticated equipment to grow enough bacteria to be useful.  This is normally out of the reach for most survivalist types.  Why would a "state" only have small amounts?  Depends on the quality and quantity of the starting material?  Just speculation but maybe they only could produce a small amount by a given time???
View Quote

The equipment to "grow" the type that was used is still up for debate. They can't decide how concentrated it is. My understanding is that any pharmicuetical plant would have equipment capable of growing anthrax, at least to crude or semi-refined standards, weapons grade woul;d require more skill, equipment, and time.

Perhaps the were put of by UPS rates. Perhaps they don't have that much and know it is more devestating to attack 20 targets with a little than 1 target with a lot. The 20 targets mean that everyone gets paranoid and the paranoia is far more disruptive and widespread than the actual attacks.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 3:38:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Attacking the media does make sense if you are trying to scare people.  First, it is difficult to hide the fact that people are recieving these letters when the people reporting the news are affected.  Also everyone knows the newscaster, they are seen every night, so if they are infected it's noticable.
View Quote

Or is it because if you "attack" a journalist every other journalist reports it as a terrorist attack against the media. But if you attack one mayor, dog catcher, or tug boat captain the media could care less because it's not THEM.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Post from MIderinMD -
I have no doubt that Bin Laden and his supporters are behind it, I just thought it odd that Isreal hasn't been targeted too.
View Quote

Well, spit it out man, what is odd about it that makes you repeat the assertion twice?
Something just isn't right about this. If it looks and smells like shi*, it probably is shi*.
View Quote

Quit beating around the bush, just say it!
"Muslimdom?" Sounds like a Dan Rather joint to me.
View Quote

No, the 'Muslimdom' was [u]all[/u] mine! [:D]

Something has to be used to describe all of the Muslim World, you know, such as 'Christendom' describes ours. Well, a while back it did.

Oh, and that wasn't the (parenthetical) remark to which I was referring, but to my trademark signoff. 'The Jewes are the men who will not be blamed for nothing' is the remark.

Beeeeeep! Yo' time is up! May we have our next contestant, please?

Ezra Ben(OnlySlightedRelatedToEricThe)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#19]
A hint - the answer to Ezra Ben Hun's question is to be found 'From Hell.'

Hahahahahahahahahaah.[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 4:14:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Post from MIderinMD -

I have no doubt that Bin Laden and his supporters are behind it, I just thought it odd that Israel hasn't been targeted too.

Well, spit it out man, what is odd about it that makes you repeat the assertion twice?
View Quote

I'm just saying that since they view Israel as their arch enemy, why haven't they been hit too? Nothing more, nothing less.

Something just isn't right about this. If it looks and smells like shi*, it probably is shi*.
Quit beating around the bush, just say it!
View Quote

I don't know what to say.  It is not my assertion that Israel is behind it.  I'm just saying I got a bad feeling about this.

"Muslimdom?" Sounds like a Dan Rather joint to me.
No, the 'Muslimdom' was [u]all[/u] mine! [:D]

Something has to be used to describe all of the Muslim World, you know, such as 'Christendom' describes ours. Well, a while back it did.
View Quote

That's quite a talent, Texan! [:D]  And all this time, I thought the proper term would be 'Islam.'  Must be my poor, Midwestern roots.

Oh, and that wasn't the (parenthetical) remark to which I was referring, but to my trademark signoff. 'The Jewes are the men who will not be blamed for nothing' is the remark.

Beeeeeep! Yo' time is up! May we have our next contestant, please?

Ezra Ben(OnlySlightedRelatedToEricThe)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

D'oh!  It isn't my fault you had more than one set of parentheses.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

Again with Liberty!!! Tell me one thing... this mean that only USA can spy a friend nation without notice and all the other people cannot take countermeasures?
View Quote

"Countermeasures" being the death of the servicemen of your "best friend."

However, I agree that we should not be dwelling on the Liberty ad infinitum.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

"As you can see, Syria doesn't get squat in US foreign aid! And this is as it should be!"

Man come on! I know all about the Heritage Foundation,it's a good think tank but they really now more of a counter left wing press buch.
They ARE NOT looking at all aid we do things with the UN over there other orgs that work in Syria that get money to do there thing from the US gov.
we have to add it all up,the Heritage Foundation does not do that,they fell they need to make a point about what they think is to much aid to other people and they will use the anti-jew d!ck heads if the need to.

Tell me this how much money dose the Arab orgs that looby in the US get?
How much of your money did the UN put out over there?
Most of the money that they get in  Israel from the US is from rich Jews anyway.
View Quote

Okay 007, add it all up for us as you know so much. The U.S. DOES NOT give Syria and Afghanistan as much aid as Israel.

Also the notion espoused here that the palestinians would not make too outrageous of an attack on Israel for fear of a reprisal has no merit. I see no evidence to show that there are any limits on their actions other than their capability. The assassination of a cabinet minister is one more example of their hubris. What will the next escalation be?
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 5:00:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I would also say that Osama Bin Laden is in IRAQ.
View Quote

... I had this vision in a dream last night, seriously!
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't tell me, you get all your info from your handy "The Nazi's Guide to Israel".

View Quote
Don't tell me - you slander anyone whose arguments you can't defeat by calling them Nazis.

I wish you said that to my FACE punk.

View Quote

I didn't say you personally were a Nazi.  I wish some of you could explain, however, your hatred for Israel.  Your posts always allude to "reasons" but those are never posted.  Please explain why Israel is bad and the rest of the countries in the world are peachy.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 5:53:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Because the Israelis would nuke the fuck out of ‘Palestine’ and the terrorists know it. We get treated like a punk because our nation is filled with feebs.  
View Quote

[red][size=4][b]Amen[/b][/size=4][/red]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Eric, thanks I was looking for that article, I knew I saw that somewhere.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 6:42:09 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Source, please?

As far as I know, the closest the US comes to giving financial support to Syria is by supporting international organizations (such as the IMF) that help Syria.  We have them on our list of "terrorist sponsor states" and they don't get squat in direct assistance from Uncle Sam (although that could change now if they support the "war on terrorism").
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:46:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Post from MIerinMD -
And all this time, I thought the proper term would be 'Islam.'
View Quote

Then 'Islam' it shall be!  Henceforth the Muslim World will be referred to by me as 'Islamdom.'

By dawgie if that don't have a ring to it!

Eric The(Bumpkin)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:08:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
...Do you have a problem with Freedom of Religon?  Israel allows every religion known to worship freely....
Adam
View Quote

How easy is it to pass out Watchtower magazine there?

Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:30:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Post from prk -
View Quote

How easy is it here?

Eric The('LandShark')Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 10:15:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Post from prk -
View Quote

How easy is it here?

Eric The('LandShark')Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

My question.  No wiggling!
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 10:29:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I didn't say you personally were a Nazi.  I wish some of you could explain, however, your hatred for Israel.  Your posts always allude to "reasons" but those are never posted.  Please explain why Israel is bad and the rest of the countries in the world are peachy.
View Quote

You really want to know why so many people feel hostility toward Israel and its supporters?  I speak for no one but myself but I'll share something with you.  I suggest you look at the tone of your own post.  While some of the things posted in these forums get a little far fetched, I have yet to read anyone post "Man, I just hate those damn jews" or "You know, Hitler wasn't so bad" or anything close to it.  Yet that is how many of you seem to want to portry your debate opponent.  While some may want to debate the other person in a civilized fashion, it has been my experience that the Israel supporter will eventually resort to implying the other person has some sort of moral deficiency or is really a closet Nazi. Your snide remark isn't a geniune request for the other person's opinion, its a ridicule of the other person.  Criticism of Israel seems to be met more often than not with profanity, accusations of hatred, nazism, anti-semitism, treason, etc:

"No fan of Israel, what a strange thing for a freedom loving American to say."

You know something, I swore an oath to uphold and defend the constitutuion of the United States of America.  I do not support Israel in any way, shape, or form, nor do I support the Palistinians.  There are plenty of people on this board whose experience make mine look like a Boy Scout picnic, but I'll be damned if some arrogant little prick is going to accuse me of treason.  You know why I don't support Israel?  Because I have a serious aversion to the pios, arrogant, self-serving, everyone else's stinks but not our's attitude of Israel and its supporters.

My $.02
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 4:07:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't tell me, you get all your info from your handy "The Nazi's Guide to Israel".

View Quote
Don't tell me - you slander anyone whose arguments you can't defeat by calling them Nazis.

I wish you said that to my FACE punk.

View Quote

I didn't say you personally were a Nazi.
View Quote

NICE Clinton-esque wiggle. Not even worth of any further response than that.

I wish some of you could explain, however, your hatred for Israel.
View Quote

Does that make me an "anti-Semite?" Or are you once again calling me an anti-Semite, without using the word "anti-Semite?"

I don't hate Israel. Your saying I do DOES NOT make it so. A complete reading of my posts on this issue will show your statement to be PURE horsecrap.

Your posts always allude to "reasons" but those are never posted
View Quote

COMPLETELY FALSE, bordering on a lie. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, since you are a relative newbie here.

My rationale has been extensive, detailed, and to this point unrefuted. If you want it, do a search on my posts.

But since it is my suspicion you would rather just hurl thinly-disguised slander and insults, I'll not dignify your request for "reasons" beyond that.

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 4:31:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You really want to know why so many people feel hostility toward Israel and its supporters  I suggest you look at the tone of your own post.  While some of the things posted in these forums get a little far fetched, I have yet to read anyone post "Man, I just hate those damn jews" or "You know, Hitler wasn't so bad" or anything close to it.  Yet that is how many of you seem to want to portry your debate opponent.  While some may want to debate the other person in a civilized fashion, it has been my experience that the Israel supporter will eventually resort to implying the other person has some sort of moral deficiency or is really a closet Nazi. Your snide remark isn't a geniune request for the other person's opinion, its a ridicule of the other person.  Criticism of Israel seems to be met more often than not with profanity, accusations of hatred, nazism, anti-semitism, treason, etc:

"No fan of Israel, what a strange thing for a freedom loving American to say."

You know something, I swore an oath to uphold and defend the constitutuion of the United States of America.  I do not support Israel in any way, shape, or form, nor do I support the Palistinians.  There are plenty of people on this board whose experience make mine look like a Boy Scout picnic, but I'll be damned if some arrogant little prick is going to accuse me of treason.  You know why I don't support Israel?  Because I have a serious aversion to the pios, arrogant, self-serving, everyone else's stinks but not our's attitude of Israel and its supporters.

My $.02
View Quote

Well said, BigShooter.

What troubles me more is that it is my "Christian brethren" that seem to take this attitude.

And I am talking about FAR more than just this forum.

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 4:39:30 AM EDT
[#35]
garandman, isn't much of your beef with Israel and the jews, scripture-based?

(serious, flameless question)
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 4:49:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Post from garandman -
My rationale has been extensive, detailed, and to this point unrefuted.
View Quote

Well I will agree it's been extensive and detailed, but I wouldn't go so far as to say 'unrefuted', because whether your rationale has been refuted or not is a matter of opinion and honest disagreement!

Eric The(ButIDon'tBelieveYou'reAnti-Semetic,IfThat'sWhatYouMeant,MoreLikeAnti-Israel)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:11:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
garandman, isn't much of your beef with Israel and the jews, scripture-based?

(serious, flameless question)
View Quote

It would be a mistake to think my Scriptural interpretation creates a "beef" against anyone.

Here's the deal-

It is my opinion that a misunderstanding of God's relationship to Israel today (namely, the incorrect  thinking that they are God's chosen people) may very well land them in Hell.

Restated, telling them they are God's chosen people MAY lead them to thinking they don't need salvation in Jesus Christ, which by EVERY Scriptural account, IS the basis on which God condemns menn to hell.

Personally, (And as written by the Apostle Paul) I would think it tragic for ANY Jew, who had the Law, and the Prophets and all the other benefits God gave them, to end up in Hell.

While it may be painful for a Jew to hear what I have to say, IMO it would be WRONG of me to keep this info from him. Futher, I would be untrue to Christ to NOT speak this truth. So, I speak this truth, and let the chips (and insults and slander of me personally) land where it will.

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:14:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Eric The(ButIDon'tBelieveYou'reAnti-Semetic,IfThat'sWhatYouMeant,MoreLikeAnti-Israel)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Eric -

I would be curious to hear how you get "anti Israel" from my post above this one.

What could be MORE pro-Israel than wanting them in Heaven with God????

The simple fact is that we ALL have to deal with the unpleasant fact of our own sinfulness BEFORE God will let us into His heaven.

The Jew is NO different.

What could be MORE "anti Israel" than spreading a misunderstanding that may cause them to miss their Messiah, the Lord Jesus Christ????

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:21:03 AM EDT
[#39]
garandman, I'm not sure you are aware of this, but referring to jews as "The Jew" is common amongst anti-semites and Nazis.  It lumps them all together and essentially dehumanizes them, by taking away their individuality.

I know that you're no Nazi, so I thought you'd like to know.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:07:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Post from garandman -
I would be curious to hear how you get "anti Israel" from my post above this one.
View Quote

Didn't get 'anti-anything' from your post above.
But we all come to this thread with a little bit of history from other threads.

I'm simply saying you are not anti-semitic.

It is my humble opinion that your are anti-Israel for a whole raft of reasons.

And I can't fault Israel for what it does with respect to religions other than Judaism. They have their own religious zealots they have to deal with!

Just as we have our own 'secular humanists' that we have to deal with in the United States!

BTW, [b]IS[/b] the United States a 'Christian' nation or not?  

If it [b]is[/b], don't complain about Israel being a 'Jewish' nation!

If it's [b]not[/b], then, Brother, why worriest thou about the mote in thy brother's eye, when thou hast a beam in thine own? Remove the beam first so that thou might more clearly remove the mote from thy brother's eye!

Eric The(NowWhereHaveWeHeard[u]That[/u]Before?Hmmm?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:25:20 AM EDT
[#41]
"No folks, a2carbine is not putting you on! He believes what he says. Scary, ain't it? "

Ok big boy no more talking out your a$$ and no mopre bull sh!t for some damn we site.

You need to do what I did,first thing you can do is send a letter to your Rep. and he would send your any info you want it's all PUBLIC!
This is not what I think,you people need to back this crap up,I'm telling you guys it may be fun to play games and b a smat a$$ but you don't know what the hell your talking about.

What is the point of this crap anyway" Why no anthrax attacks in Israel?" why no attacks on the damn moon!?! why no attacks on China!?!
Why no attacks on you? by this post we sould think you most be in on it.

There will always be somebody that will dig up some crap to start sh!t.

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:31:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Eric -

1. The US today is NOT a Christian nation. And NEVER has been in an official capacity, backed by gov't policy or law. Israel DOES have official policy against YOUR (and my) religion of Christianity, as supported by the record of my own family member, who one Israel supporter saw fit to attack personally. Speaking of people with "beam's in their eye," may I suggest you address your compatriot in support of Israel, and his chosen tactics of "debate.".

2. Historically, the US has ALWAYS allowed free practice of Judaism. I can remember Thom. Jefferson making a particular pont of this in one letter that I read. (can't remember source docs) if memory serves it was in Bill Bennet's book "Our Sacred Honor."

3. The US has NEVER forced anyone to practice a particular religion, at least when we WERE  a nation. The Salem witch trial were a localized phenomenon, and NOT US gov't policy, especially when you consider teh US gov't DID NOT EXIST at that time.

In summary, the US record on religious freedom puts Israel's to shame. And that was pretty much the WHOLE point I was making. I have NO problem with Israel EXECUTING Christians if they want to(Scripturally, they have a pretty sordid record in this regard) My point was to debunk the earlier foolish statement that israel has religious freedom.

The truth hurts, but it is still the truth.

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:31:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
garandman, I'm not sure you are aware of this, but referring to jews as "The Jew" is common amongst anti-semites and Nazis.  It lumps them all together and essentially dehumanizes them, by taking away their individuality.

View Quote

The Jew, the Catholic, the Baptist, the Episcopalian ...... I don't see that simply identifying a group by a singular term dehumanizes them.  I think he used the term "the Jew"  to point out their (in his opinion) wrong common religous belief.

We use that kind of language every day.

Whites, Blacks, Hispanics.....etc.  

Man, when did we become so thin skined?

Michigander in Maryland ("The Catholic")

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:57:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
You asked facts?
I'll give you facts, Garandman.

1)Quoted:
Do you have a problem with Democracy? Israel is the only democracy in the middle east.

Written by Garandman:
I suppose THAT is why all their leaders since 1948 (prior to which Israel as a nation did not exist) have been former MILITARY generals??? Some democracy, when ONLY the military gets to "play."

It's completely pointless. Eisenhower was a general, Washington was a general, Grant was a general. This don't make USA a dictatorship. The point is that ALL Israelis made a real military service and the best people became high rank in Tzaha'l. I don't say they are also the best politicians (look Sharon, for example), but the Prime ministers of Israel were not all generals (Golda Meir? Levi Eshkol? Aba Eban) and most of them retired long time ago before to start political career.

2)AdamIsraeli wrote:
Do you have a problem with Freedom of Religon? Israel allows every religion known to worship freely.

Garandman replied:
Is that why my sister-in-law on a mission trip to Israel had to throw salvation tracts out the bus window, for fear of being put in jail if she were caught??? If THAT is religious, give me the USSR

My wife is Israeli and jewish. I am Italian and Buddhist. I brought with me my mandala and all the books and things of my buddhist worship in Israel, chanting, meeting friends and nobody gave a damn if I was jewish or not. C'mon... don't you have something better to find against this?

3) AdamIsraeli wrote:
THe closest friend that The United States has any whre in the world is Israel, Just ask any American Serviceman that has ever served in the Middle East.

Adam

Garandman replied:
USS Liberty - 1967. With freinds like that, we don't need Saddam. ANYWHERE in the world?? You abuse of superlatives ALONE falsifies your arguments.

Believe me, when I was in the paratroops, I would shoot to anyone, american, italian, israeli or whatever, that is not in the right place, if I have to defend my country. And any american, or Israeli would do the same.

Shalom Garandman...

View Quote

You probably won't get any reply to this.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:04:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
garandman, I'm not sure you are aware of this, but referring to jews as "The Jew" is common amongst anti-semites and Nazis.  [b]It lumps them all together and essentially dehumanizes them, by taking away their individuality.[/b]
View Quote

Gee, Major Murphy, you have a PROBLEM with  garandman using the phrase "the Jew".  This is just as innoculous as saying "the Christian" or "the Catholic" or "the (fill in your favorite religion or nationality)".

Major Murphy, if that phrase offends you, I will make certain that I NEVER EVER use it!

But now I've got a question for you, Major Murphy.  Since you've appointed yourself as the "Chief of the PC Police" for this thread, why don't you have a PROBLEM with "Eric the Hun's" use of the word "GOY"?

DaMan      

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:07:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

The Jew, the Catholic, the Baptist, the Episcopalian ...... I don't see that simply identifying a group by a singular term dehumanizes them.  I think he used the term "the Jew"  to point out their (in his opinion) wrong common religous belief.

We use that kind of language every day.

Whites, Blacks, Hispanics.....etc.  

Man, when did we become so thin skined?

Michigander in Maryland ("The Catholic")

View Quote

I merely pointed out that the term "The Jew", is often used by antiSemites and Nazis in an attempt to remove individuality and therefore dehumanize.
You could use terms like "The Catholic", or "The Episcopalian" to refer to whole groups. It is not common practice, however. Not in my experience.
What I said is a fact.  If you quack like a duck....
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:11:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Its REAL simple, Paolo. I've got a problem with a nation where ONLY the military seems to get into political office. If this were ANY other nation in the world, you would be calling it (and rightly so) a "Banana Republic."

View Quote

Do I really need anything "better" than Isreal who, by your own record, seems to be singling out Christianity, and attacking the Christ I serve, by RESTRICTING people from preaching His gospel?? What do I need that is "better" than that, to castigate israels record of religious freedom??

View Quote

Call me old fashioned, but a FOURTY-FIVE minute long "freindly fire" attack, after EIGHT fly-bys, where the sailors they were MURDERING could see the Israeli flags on the pilots helmets, is a bit of a problem. But hey, I guess it is just me. I mean, they are ONLY dead Americans.[rolleyes]

Shalom Garandman...

View Quote

then I guess you'll have to keep waiting.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:12:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Gee, Major Murphy, you have a PROBLEM with  garandman using the phrase "the Jew".  This is just as innoculous as saying "the Christian" or "the Catholic" or "the (fill in your favorite religion or nationality)".

Major Murphy, if that phrase offends you, I will make certain that I NEVER EVER use it!

But now I've got a question for you, Major Murphy.  Since you've appointed yourself as the "Chief of the PC Police" for this thread, why don't you have a PROBLEM with "Eric the Hun's" use of the word "GOY"?

DaMan      

View Quote

I take no offense at all.  Shit, if you guys want to come right out and say that you hate jews, that's fine, too.

When people expend so much effort trying to insist they ain't anti-semites, yet they use the same semantical tactics as the Nazis or their contemporaries, I just find it amusing.
Not offensive.

Goy? Please. Save the moral relativism for Richard Gere.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:15:21 AM EDT
[#49]
There's nothing new here. Same statements I have made repeatedly.

Punching out of this thread.

garandman
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:23:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Ok big boy no more talking out your a$$ and no mopre bull sh!t for some damn we site.

You need to do what I did,first thing you can do is send a letter to your Rep. and he would send your any info you want it's all PUBLIC!
This is not what I think,you people need to back this crap up,I'm telling you guys it may be fun to play games and b a smat a$$ but you don't know what the hell your talking about.
View Quote

a2arbine, yours posts aren't very coherent.

But it sounds like you are STILL claiming that Syria and Afghanistan got more US Foreign Aid than Israel last year!

And are you FURTHER CLAIM that you wrote to your "Rep." (whoever that is) and obtained inormation backing up the above claim!

Hmmmm! Very interesting!  Can you tell me the name of your "Rep." so I can also write to him and obtain this information?

TIA!  DaMan  

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top