Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2001 9:21:13 PM EDT
Out of a 16 inch barrel, how do they compare at say 50 yards? 100 yards? How much drop?
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 9:34:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Simply from the crappy BC that a .40 cal pistol bullet has relative to a .223 rifle bullet, I would say that the 10mm is going to drop like a rock past 100 yards.  I don't have any materials at the ready, so off the cuff I would guess about 3-4 inches more of drop on the 10mm over the .223.

Of course all this will vary depending on bullet weight, muzzle velocity, etc of the 10mm.  Why bother comparing the two when the .223 has right around 2000 f.p.s. on the 10mm?  Unless you are lucky enough to get your hands on one of those MP5's in 10mm...  
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 9:38:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I want myself one of those 10mm uppers
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top