Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 10/20/2001 11:49:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/21/2001 12:04:08 AM EDT by Bigshooter]
Recent worldly events seem to have a lot of people worried, not just about terrorism, but about all sorts of things. Depending on the topic I seem to go from extreme optimism to extreme pessimism. What are your thoughts? Subject doesn't matter. Neither does time frame.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 12:02:06 AM EDT
We are screwed for the next two years. Recession, if everyone still panicking about the NBC threat.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 12:02:12 AM EDT
Things always get worse, never better.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 12:08:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 12:18:37 AM EDT
[b]Near Future:[/b] 1. By the end of this year I will have another A$^7 2. My back will still be f**ked next year 3. I will (hopefully) be working next year. [b]Distant Future[/b] 1. Within the next 5-10 years I'll be out of California. 2. California will suffer a lot longer recession due to high dollar long term contracts for electricity 3. Things will get worse before they get better 4. The USA will slowly return back to conservatism...but not without major social upheavals 5. Within 50 years US will no-long be [i]the[/i] primary world power. 6. Within 50 year China will be [i]the[/i] primary world power---and the USA's biggest enemy. Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 12:23:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 3:26:29 AM EDT
within 100 years, we will all be dead!
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:11:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:25:18 AM EDT
I believe, that it would not be prudent, to reduce our Nuclear Arsenal, if anything, build it back up. Not for use against China or Russia, but to completely take out the first "Terrorist" country that launches any kind of NBC strike against us.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:41:05 AM EDT
I see the Middle East as one big sheet of glass.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:43:00 AM EDT
Palestinians and Israelis will start WW III within the next year. We will not know who to side with. The Israelis or the Oil.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:07:34 AM EDT
The amount of oil we get from the middle east, by percentage, is not very high. The numbers I have seen are that 10 to 15% of our oil comes from that region. When the middle east falls into huge regional war involving all the usual suspects including India, we will side with Israel. I think we will look to all of the regional non-arab states as long term allies (Afghanistan, Iran) Relations with Japan will become very strained for many stated reasons, but the real reasons will be that they get 80% plus of their oil from Arab states. The long term looser will be Saudi Arabia. Everybody seems to know, but won't say too loudly, that they are the biggest threat. Their wealth (and human bomb delivery devices) is what help keep the terrorism infrastructure propped up. We are about to realize that stable regional allies,in addition to Israel, is far more important than their oil. Besides, we are negotiating to start importing oil from former Soviet states.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:16:12 AM EDT
Bat21 you are right on target! Another point of view is that a full scale war in the MidEast could solve the oil problem. After we take over these piss ant countries we pump them dry FOR FREE as war reparations then let the place fall into the empty hole. We should plunder them and then let 'em starve! We can help a lot by stopping the Alaska oil sales to Japan. That IS where it all goes you know. I can never see us allied with any moslem country. They are ALL rattlesnakes and not to be trusted. The sooner we declare and wage all out war on islam the better!
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:31:52 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Imbroglio: Things always get worse, never better.
View Quote
Right, that's why we in this country still have smallpox, high infant mortality rates, widespread slavery, backbreaking manual labor, child labor, legalized discrimination, routine torture, etc, etc, etc... Because things never get better. Jeeeez.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:33:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:46:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/21/2001 6:42:55 AM EDT by a2carbine]
At some time today I will take a crap. PS:I will update
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:49:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 7:48:42 AM EDT
I'm predicting full blown recession in 2002 and an amazing turn of events: despite the sour economy, the Republicans will retain control of the House in the 2002 Congressional elections simply because the public will give President Bush a vote of confidence. Any other time, the Democrats would be handed the House on a silver platter. I also believe America's Negroes will feel even more disenfranchised than they do now since they will shoulder the brunt of the recession absent any meaningful immigration reform. We can expect to see more flashpoints similar to what happened in Cincinnati. Jesse Jackson now finds himself marginalized in the WOT and needs an issue to bring him and his organization back to the protest march. High unemployment in the Negro community is the ticket he is waiting for. Mark my words.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 8:11:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 8:21:00 AM EDT
I've got 12:24 on a2. And, I'm with you beerslayer. But why not a jaw spreader holding the probe in?
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 8:22:21 AM EDT
Originally Posted By a2carbine: At some time today I will take a crap. PS:I will update
View Quote
Thanks, but that is not really necessary..[IMG]http://www.data-techniques.net/cwm/contrib/corky/smilies25.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 8:32:45 AM EDT
Reccession. Strong push by some in congress to strip civil liberties in the name of "national security". Also forsee a strong push by the ppl to get CCL's passed in states that dont have them. Hope it works.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 8:41:06 AM EDT
I predict that politicians will use fear of terrorism to deprive us of as many (gun) rights as possible, Permanently. (As if this was hard to forsee!) Further, I predict that we won't figure out, till after the war, how serious and dangerous the war is, or the pressing need to supress disloyal people in this country (for example, the F*&%$#RS who jump up and down, laughing and cheering at the hijackings). I see Anthrax (and God knows what else) mailed all over the country, infecting all kinds of power-structures, and an inadequate response to the attack. Why in the hell isn't the FBI rounding up Bin Laden sympathizers in this country!? You CANNOT be a loyal American and sympathize with him. Ben L. doesn't care if we change our behavior, he just wants every American humiliated and dead. [Lib. Americans need to stop sniveling, "If only we wouldn't force foreigners to hate us."] If we get tired of trying to kill him, and therefore give up, We Lose the War. As far as his Stupid, overly-strict,woman-beating ideas go, I don't have a problem with them. If HE wants to live that way, fine. My problem starts where he wants ME and Mine to live that (bu11shi*) way, under threat of death/terror. Our B-52's will then give him a proper introduction to death and terror. ----- "Hijack this, Fags."
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 8:42:25 AM EDT
In the year 9595 I'm kinda wonderin' if man is gonna be alive He's taken everything this old Earth can give And he ain't put back nothin', whoa-oh
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 8:56:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Erasmus: I predict that politicians will use fear of terrorism to deprive us of as many (gun) rights as possible, Permanently. (As if this was hard to forsee!)
View Quote
I disagree. The Bush administration has shown absolutely NO propensity to use the war on terrorism to affect our gun rights. The Senate might TRY to do this, but I don't think they will get away with it. Frankly I think a lot of RKBA people are being paranoid.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 8:59:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 9:18:12 AM EDT
Someday we will all wear silver jump-suits and have flying cars. I can't wait.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 9:21:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/21/2001 9:16:10 AM EDT by ISMO]
12-18 months: - Recession, or at best very slow growth for the economy - The Saudi gov't will fall, causing major instability for oil in the region - Pakistan gov't will fall - US & USSR will become big buddies as we shift 10% oil dependancy from Arab states to them. Isn't it US Foreign policy to befriend & rebuild our former enemies? - The Isreali's will be forced to carve out a Palestinian state, and erect a DMZ to kill anything trying to pass from the two outside of checkpoints. This will cause Arabs to celebrate for abt 3 months until they figure out that the Palestinians' economy is dependant on jobs with Isreali companies. - We will lift the sanctions against Iraq, finally realizing that 1) it only hurts the Iraqi people and 2) Only a dictator will be able to "control" (a relative term at best) the middle east. - Castro will die & billions will flow into Cuba. Once again you'll be able to buy a fine Cuban Cohiba at your local Cigar store. - the nation will shut the Gun Show loop, forcing all weapons transfers to go through a licensed FFL. 2-5 yrs - the Economy will improve, as is the natural cycle of the US economy - China will be the great evil, as they really start flexing thier economic muscle. - Russia will be the worlds foremost energy supplier - Arab nations who can no longer peddle thier oil due to cheaper Russian reserves will fall further into ruin. This will cause even more acts of terrorism as the population will continue to focus on the US as the Evil Ones responsible for thier misery. This will also cause the Middle East to be cut off from the world, as no nation will be safe from thier extremism. - Cuba will be the hottest vacation spot in the world. - Saddam Hussein will be assassinated & his son will take power. He will prove to be much more ruthless than his father. The good news is that I don't expect ole bin Laden to see New Years 2003.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 9:36:33 AM EDT
I think I agree about the governments of Saudi and Pakistan falling. Things are going to get very ugly in that region. I think it will come very close to a full scale war in the region.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 9:43:14 AM EDT
Southwest will buy out every other major airline. A-2 Carbine Let us know how that crap thing goes. Will ya?
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 10:03:42 AM EDT
You all forgot one thing. God is in control,not to worry. Be prepared,defend yourselves and trust the Lord.
Top Top