Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2001 9:24:35 PM EDT
I think I should "see someone" about this. Over the years, I have literaly bought just about every type of firearm out there. I've spent thousands and thousands of dollars. Hell, my  little "enfatuation" with Heckler and Koch a few years back could fund a small country. And today, I actually gave serious consideration to trading in my used Acura Integra ('92) for a Sig-550. I mean I actually thought about it. I'm single, so its not like I have kids and stuff but this little hobby I have is getting a tad pricy. Does it get any worse? Or will I someday "snap out of it"?
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#1]
You will not be able to get it out of your system. Don't worry, you're perfectly normal.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 9:34:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 9:35:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#4]
If you can wrap your brain around the fact that you'll NEVER have ALL the guns, it might help. -- I know it is sad, but there are just toooo! many.-- You probably won't get any better, I know many people in your (our) condition that have a lifetime collection,(300 - 400 guns) and still want more. -- As far as addictions go, guns are fairly cheap, Enjoy the fact that you can still buy WHAT you want, When you want it. -- If you find that you can't go on without that Quad 50, or a really nice Vulcan, you MIGHT have a problem, but not a big one!! --Good Collecting -- ALLONS11
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 9:59:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Dude!  You're a loon, go talk to Sally Jesse immediately
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 10:09:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Regardless of how "pricy" they are, are you:

1.  In financial trouble (deep in debt, having trouble paying bills, etc.) because of your purchases?

2.  Having trouble with daily life--think about guns constantly (when it is inappropriate, of course), are late to work because you are reading for sale ads?

If you answered no to either of the questions, you REALLY need to get serious about your collection--NEWBIE!!.  

Seriously, if it is not causing troubles with either one of the above, you are probably fine.

AND, the Acura for SIG trade is a PRETTY DAMN GOOD TRADE!!.  In 5 years, the Acura will be worth $2k, the SIG (barring any major law changes) worth $10K.  I would trade something like that in a heartbeat, buy a beat up old shitbox of a car for $500 if I needed transportation, and be Grinning for weeks.

Oh, yeah--compare the next 2 years of insurance on the Acura vs. the insurance on the SIG.

It could be worse--my wife has over 300 Precious Moments figurines (including the 100 that she has stored that she doesn't think I know about--that's OK, as she hasn't seen my Barrett 82 yet).  At $40-80 each, that adds up too, and I hate the little FU**ERS.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 10:18:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 10:33:30 PM EDT
[#8]
mayday, a couple of weeks ago, I tried to trade my van for a Mossberg 590, and the guy wouldn't take it.  Does that mean I'm sick too?

AFARR wrote:
that's OK, as she hasn't seen my Barrett 82 yet
View Quote

How do you hide a 50 BMG?
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 10:35:07 PM EDT
[#9]
In the pants.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 3:52:51 AM EDT
[#10]
if thats what you like then keep doing it. who is it hurting?
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:19:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Imagine if you had Bill Gates type money.

Damn you could by a small country ( or island )
somewhere then start buying Aircraft, Tanks and
all kinds of goodies.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:50:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Mayday, this is serious.
You need help.  I volunteer to look after 90% of your firearms until you feel better.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:58:10 AM EDT
[#13]
[b]
Quoted:
That's one reason why you don't have a steady babe.  Think about it.  With the right babe, you two could DOUBLE your buying power.
View Quote
[/b]

If he marries the RIGHT babe and she turns out to be the WRONG babe and walks,half those guns walk with her (assuming there is no pre-nuptial agreement).

Link Posted: 10/21/2001 7:21:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Dude, if your crazy, than this board is a cyber mental hospital, and you're in good company.

Seriously though, as long as your not deep in debt and not able to pay bills, who are you hurting?

If you derive half as much pleasure out of your guns as I do, it's worth it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 7:43:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Get a woman.  I guarantee your collecting will slow down a tad.  Besides, if you have a family, they'll eventually grow up and become voters who will provide extra voices against more firearm regulations.  View it as an extension of your collection.

[peep]

Link Posted: 10/21/2001 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#16]
DAMN YOU Bearlaker!

I was going to say that[:(]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top