Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2001 6:29:19 PM EDT
A cheap scope that's durable.

Here's the situation. I think I've finally come to the realization today that my gas operated weapons (AR's, and FAL) will outshoot my bolt action Savage .270.

And really the only reason I've got the Savage is for big game hunting, which I think my FAL could handle fine. Especially with a scope.

So I'm thinking about selling my Savage and buying a DSA scope mount and a scope.

Are there any decent scopes out there for around $200 that are durable? I mean I know that I could get a $70 Bushnell that would be fine for hunting two weeks out of the year.

But if I was going to put something on a battle rifle, I'd want it to be up to the job.

So, any suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 6:33:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
A cheap scope that's durable.

Here's the situation. I think I've finally come to the realization today that my gas operated weapons (AR's, and FAL) will outshoot my bolt action Savage .270.

And really the only reason I've got the Savage is for big game hunting, which I think my FAL could handle fine. Especially with a scope.

So I'm thinking about selling my Savage and buying a DSA scope mount and a scope.

Are there any decent scopes out there for around $200 that are durable? I mean I know that I could get a $70 Bushnell that would be fine for hunting two weeks out of the year.

But if I was going to put something on a battle rifle, I'd want it to be up to the job.

So, any suggestions?
View Quote

Range report:

Scope: Super Sniper Series M w/ Side Focus Parallax Adjustment 10x42M 30mm, Mil-Dot Reticule

Rifle: Colt CAR-A3

Ammo: .223 Rem 68gr Hornady BTHP MOLY

Appar Temp:
40°
Dewpoint:
34°
Barometer:
29.94 in;
steady
Wind:
SW/14 mph
Humidity:
52%

I cannot believe how good the Super Sniper is. It is 100% repeatable, easy to adjust and as clear as my Leupold. It is a steal for $349.95

I was shooting consistent ¼ MOA groups today.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 6:37:58 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.aimdiscount.com/AMT533LU.html[/url]

'Nuf Said.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 6:39:05 PM EDT
[#3]
If you skip the side focus, the Tasco SS series is only $299.00.

Unfortunately, 10X is as low as they go, way too much power for nearly all hunting situations.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top