Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
2/23/2017 5:55:53 PM
Posted: 10/20/2001 5:29:19 PM EST
A cheap scope that's durable. Here's the situation. I think I've finally come to the realization today that my gas operated weapons (AR's, and FAL) will outshoot my bolt action Savage .270. And really the only reason I've got the Savage is for big game hunting, which I think my FAL could handle fine. Especially with a scope. So I'm thinking about selling my Savage and buying a DSA scope mount and a scope. Are there any decent scopes out there for around $200 that are durable? I mean I know that I could get a $70 Bushnell that would be fine for hunting two weeks out of the year. But if I was going to put something on a battle rifle, I'd want it to be up to the job. So, any suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 5:33:35 PM EST
Originally Posted By seamusmcoi: A cheap scope that's durable. Here's the situation. I think I've finally come to the realization today that my gas operated weapons (AR's, and FAL) will outshoot my bolt action Savage .270. And really the only reason I've got the Savage is for big game hunting, which I think my FAL could handle fine. Especially with a scope. So I'm thinking about selling my Savage and buying a DSA scope mount and a scope. Are there any decent scopes out there for around $200 that are durable? I mean I know that I could get a $70 Bushnell that would be fine for hunting two weeks out of the year. But if I was going to put something on a battle rifle, I'd want it to be up to the job. So, any suggestions?
View Quote
Range report: Scope: Super Sniper Series M w/ Side Focus Parallax Adjustment 10x42M 30mm, Mil-Dot Reticule Rifle: Colt CAR-A3 Ammo: .223 Rem 68gr Hornady BTHP MOLY Appar Temp: 40° Dewpoint: 34° Barometer: 29.94 in; steady Wind: SW/14 mph Humidity: 52% I cannot believe how good the Super Sniper is. It is 100% repeatable, easy to adjust and as clear as my Leupold. It is a steal for $349.95 I was shooting consistent ¼ MOA groups today.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 5:37:58 PM EST
[url]http://www.aimdiscount.com/AMT533LU.html[/url] 'Nuf Said.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 5:39:05 PM EST
If you skip the side focus, the Tasco SS series is only $299.00. Unfortunately, 10X is as low as they go, way too much power for nearly all hunting situations.
Top Top