Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
2/23/2017 5:55:53 PM
Posted: 10/20/2001 11:56:39 AM EST
Iam a glock kinda guy but my wife thinks it a good idea to have a safty on the gun we keep loaded.I dissagree but this is a oppertunaty to get a new gun for me!!!Its gotta be cheap unfortualy.CZ or ruger or???Thankful for your input. [0j] [uzi]
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 12:17:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/20/2001 12:49:40 PM EST by zazou]
Well, the CZ will probably not fly. For the safety to be engaged the hammer must be cocked. My guess is that would not do at all. A Beretta or Taurus 92 would be a better fit for your particular needs. Mostly, a real education in what the safety does is needed. It only hinders the shooters immediate access to firing and may prevent an AD if dropped. As a defense gun for a novice safeties are bad a idea. False sense of security and more confusion is all you get from them 2 bits
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 12:30:06 PM EST
Safty issues aside, the CZ 75 is a great pistol. It is one of the most accurate pistols I own. I have not had one problem with the gun in over 1000 rounds. I think it is one of the best deals you can get on a great pistol.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 12:52:31 PM EST
I owned a Ruger P90 in .45acp with safety/decocker. This was their full size model, just like the P89. Here are the Pros and Cons: [b]Pros:][/b] ..Reliable-would shoot all types of ammo from HP/SWC/and all RN bullets. ..Great customer service-They fixed a spring even thou I broke it ..Inexpensive--$305 with standard finish and one mag [b]Cons:[/b] ..Average accuracy at best ..Fat--wide frame and wide grip ..Top heavy--poly frame and steal slide made gun feel "funny" during recoil action of slide ..poor handling--the grip had not enough texture to provide a decnt grip, pistol would easily slide from hand. Addition of a Hogue grip is almost mandatory. I haven't owned a CZ75 but have handled them. They are a lot like a Browning HP, slim, nice angled grip, all metal frame, and better craftmanship. They are only about $375 in my area and worth the extra doolars compared to the Rugers IMHO. I agree that you should educate your wife about safeties, I personnal hate them. I prefer a strong first D/A pull as a safety measure. I would hate to ever be in the situation were I needed to pull the trigger on my pistol and have it not work because I forgot to take the safety off. In high stress situations that is an easy thing to forget. Went I really want high safety I just keep the mag full but the chamber empty.......can't get much safer than that[:D} Sgtar15
Top Top