Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 10/19/2001 7:13:06 PM EST
I thought to post this on the Full Auto board, but this board gets more traffic. I did e-mail a dealer from the Bowers Good Guy board, but he is an hour and a half away from Penn State, so I am looking for someone closer. Here is the situation-- My Brother has some Full Auto's. One on a Form 4, and 2 others still on a Form 3 at the dealer. The Form 4 for those guns is not sent in yet, as he knew he might get a job in PA (he is in Alabama now). The Form 3 guns will have to be transfered to a dealer in PA. He will move in Mid November. He will be working in State College/Bellefonte area. Does anyone know of a reasonably close Class 3 dealer to that area? What do they charge for transfers? In PA (in Virginia, you have to notify the State Police), is there any required notifications to LEO that you have Full Auto's? Does anyone know who will sign the Form 4 in that Area? Thanks!! AFARR
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:28:46 PM EST
there's a place in state college that should be able to do all of this. let me double check my info and i'll get back to you tomorrow (saturday) morning.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 6:15:50 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/20/2001 6:23:40 AM EST by drfcolt]
I live about 30-miles east of State College/Bellefonte in Clinton county. My sheirff does sign Form 4's. SC/BF is in Center county. I don't know about the situation there. My NFA dealer (Arms & Ordnance) is near Pittsburg, which is about a 2 1/2 hour ride. Dennis Todd is near Philly (about the same or more). Both are on "good guy's list". The only dealer's that I know of that are near are two small time guys (don't know their reputation/ not on "good guy's list"). One is in Bloomsburg (about 1 hour away). The other is in Sunbury (about the same). I've heard some good things about the Bloomsburg guy. Name is Dave Spiewk (or something like that). I believe he charges $50 for a transfer. The other guy's name is Lee Hopwell. Met him once at a gun show. Seems like a nice guy. Don't have any contact information for either. May be others, but don't know. Anybody on the "good guy's list" with an 814 area code should be kind-of near. As far as I know, there is no requirement to notify anyone that you have NFA stuff. PA allows it. Don't know how any local laws would affect things. Call the PSP (PA State Police). I believe that the PA Class 3 Association is located near Bloomsburg. Just looked, but I lost the link to their web site. I want to get involved with them myself this summer.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 8:29:09 AM EST
he might want to check the hunter's warehouse in state college..across from the n. atherton walmart. it's about 5-10 minutes from campus. they are a class iii dealer 814-238-3010 bob is the gun guy who handles the class iii stuff. tom is the owner and does the hunting/fishing stuff. the centre county sherriff will sign form 4s and there is no requirement to notify leo. i think you can pretty much own anything in pennsylvania. bob has always been helpful and loves to provide tons of info whenever i deal with him. he can be strongly opinionated and is kind of a hype factory when it comes to prices and dollar amouts. but, the place is pretty fair and unique in it's own way. maybe your brother can call and see if he feels comfortable dealing with him. and feel free to email me if you have any other questions..for real estate, utilities or whatever.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 6:31:25 PM EST
I have to agree with beanbagger. The Hunters Warehouse is where you would want to go. Its in a plaza with a great pizza place. Nothing like pizza and class 3's. If not there here is the Arms & Ordinance website: [url]http://www.arms-ordnance.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 6:40:23 PM EST
Drfcolt mentioned Lee Hopewell and Dave Spiwak - I'll give both a hearty thumbs up. I don't have contact info, but if you want, email me and I'll find it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 7:11:14 PM EST
Thanks for the info!! I will pass it on and have my Brother Call. AFARR
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 7:55:01 PM EST
Beanbagger: Hunter's Craphouse is more like it? Are you nuts? The owner of that place is a complete putz!!! I've lived in State College for about 10 years and whenever we want to go and get a laugh, we stop off at there. In the last few years, he's told me that he's a Glock Master Dealer but only has one old, used glock that he sells for more than they are new. He also TELLS people thats he's a Class III dealer and points at a FAKE H&K MP5-SD on the wall (its a replica). Once he told me that he had the "special, police only" Glocks, that only he could get...all other dealers carry the weaker, civilian Glocks. In addition, every time I try and sell him something he low balls me big-time. for example, I brought in a H&K SR9-TC (worth about $3500) but as he put it: "aint no one gonna buy no foreign gun around here", and offered me $600. My all time favorite is when I ask him how much a firearm would be to order and he tacks on $100 profit to the item, when I can go down the street and have some other guy send off an FFL for $20. Do yourself a favor and take a 30 minute drive and go to Clearfield, to a place called "Grices" (814-765-9273), they have wall to wall guns, easily over a thousand guns there...its like a mini-mall. Or go to "Dershem's" in Bellefont, talk to the owner (Steve), he'll hook you up.
Top Top