Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2001 10:12:24 AM EDT
I put my Ruger PC4 on GunBroker.com for sale last week.  Since then, I've watched the board regularly.

It looks like [b][i]90% of the stuff gets no bids!!![/b][/i]

Now, I know 85% of the stuff is HK clones, 10/22s, and HiPoint carbines.

But you would think somebody would bid something for this stuff.

I put my Ruger over there for $300, $60 less than what I had it for here and elsewhere.  No one seems interested. Its been listed there a week, and ends tonight.

Is it me, or does it seem like that place is a waste of cyberspace?

Shameless plug added: [url]http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=2226448[/url]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 10:16:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I've bought accessories and Magazines, but yet to buy a gun on that site. One problem is that after adding S&H and FFL Fees the gun costs more than buying it from the Gunshop or if not It would still be cheaper at a gunshow.

I bought a Hi-Point Carbine at a Gunshow for $169. That is the same price everyone on Gunbroker wants. Add $40 for S&H and Transfer Fees and you would waste $40.

Then again some of these people are crazy. Every seen a $500 Chinese SKS. I saw one on Gunbroker once. I just wish I could get that much for mine.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 10:17:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Just keep on relisting it until it sells.
Why don't you provide a link in this thread?

Shameless plug:
[url]http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=112352[/url]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 10:21:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I have purchased a couple of firearms by winning a bid through GunBroker.com over the past few months.  I watch them all the time for good deals on some of my "dream guns" (I keep looking for a mint H&K P7M13 for under $100, but nothing yet).
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#4]
[url]www.auctionarms.com[/url] has a lot more traffic. I've bought and sold there with no complaints at all.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I have bought and sold many items on Gunbroker.  I think you will find part of the slowness in selling is the item and the other part is the economy.  Repost it since it does not cost anything to do so on Gunbroker.  I have had items on there sell within a week or 2 and others items that I reposted for 3 months and never sold.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 11:01:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a preban lower on gunbroker.com  everything went fine on the transaction.

[beer]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 1:41:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Some of the best deals I ever got were on Gunbroker.com.  Especially Para Ordnance mags and tools. You do have to be very patient. If you're in any kind of hurry, you'll pay too much.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 1:45:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought my Remington 870 from AuctionArms.com, and got a great deal, along with a good buying experience.

BTW.. If you're looking for a deal, look for auctions that don't have pictures.  I was the only bidder for this particular item.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 4:39:54 PM EDT
[#9]
[url]http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=2273819[/url]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I have bought a few at Gunbroker.com .  Most prices are similar to local gunstore prices,although there are occasional bargains.  I try to buy from a seller with lots of feedback and lots of sales - I figure they want to keep their reputations intact. Shipping costs can eat up savings, but on more expensive guns the S&H is less than local sales tax.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top