Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2001 6:38:00 AM EDT
[url]http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20011018-5649454.htm[/url]

[i]spores, all the time: For days, the press has been infected with anthrax frenzy, spreading the ultimate cooties story with big headlines and purple prose, spooking the public and vexing officials who must cope with the newest national anxiety.
    There is a right way and a wrong way to do it, however.
    "This is not a time for misinformation, rumor or exaggeration," said Andrew Kohut of the Pew Research Center yesterday. "The media must strike a balance between informing the public and scaring them. This is a time for careful news judgment and accuracy, because there are no real directions in place on how to walk that fine line."[/i]

I mean, really. Only one person has died. The disease can in most cases be cured with 50 year old technology - penicillin.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 6:40:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I mean, really. Only one person has died. The disease can in most cases be cured with 50 year old technology - penicillin.
View Quote

...yeah, but let's not start handing out spores for Christmas, ok?
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 6:45:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:16:37 AM EDT
[#3]
CBS finally got their anthrax cases today.  I am wondering if they did it to themselves so as not to feel left out.  I can just imagine Dan Blather fuming "What so special about Tom Brokaw that HIS staff get anthrax and mine doesn't?"  I probably have worse things up my nose than anthrax spores.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 10:33:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmm, another anti-gun Liberal newsman gets a anthrax letter...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top