Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/16/2001 8:28:43 PM EDT
Can someone list who all the special groups and their associated military branch?
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 8:33:45 PM EDT
Army -Rangers Green Berets Navy - SEALs UDTs (consolidated into SEALS) SeaBees Marines - Force Recon Air Force - Combat Controllers Those are the main ones. BTW - The Navy SeaBees are civil engineers. Heavily armed and well-trained civil engineers... FFZ
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 8:36:01 PM EDT
Rangers=Army Greeen Berets=Army Airborne=Army Seals=Navy Recon=Marines Delta=Army Foward Air Controllers= Airforce/Army There are others
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 12:22:38 AM EDT
This is info you can get any where, but just to clarify what others have said and add: Green Berets is slang for Army Special Forces. SFOD-D,.. Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta There are also people like Night Stalkers, Air Force PJ, etc. For this kind of go to http://specialoperations.com and read. Have fun.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 12:34:34 AM EDT
Ninjas= Shopping malls (from what I've heard, but them fellas are as elusive as.....well, Ninjas)
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 12:40:15 AM EDT
Red Rag Rangers=Taiban Afghan.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 4:35:16 AM EDT
maybe we can get nsf jojo to talk about his special operations command, being that he is the mall ninja. is he still a mall ninja, i mean he always will be, but does he still work at the mall or has he found a better job? OffRoad
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 4:42:33 AM EDT
Marines: Recon Force Recon Counter Intelligence Teams FAST platoons Scout Snipers MEU(SOC)'s
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 4:43:14 AM EDT
Blue Light Bettys = K-Mart Shoppers Red Coats = Valet drivers Gopher Getters = Pest Controllers All of these groups are just as dangerous [:D]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 4:46:09 AM EDT
Democrats: rump rangers carpet munchers Do you know why senators don't use bookmarks? 'cause they like their pages bent over!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:55:16 AM EDT
Note that Marines don't have any units associated with the Speical Operations Command. Their units (FR etc) are classified as Special Operations Capable. So they don't get a slice of the Special Operations Command money and hence don't answer to them. My Marine brothers here can clear this up better than I can. Some tidbits: - Rangers and SF = Army - Delta = Army SF (They draw from Army personnel *only* but those can come from the Reserves and Guard units as long as they are willing to go active.) - Psy Ops is also considered Special Operations. - SEALs, SWCC (boat guys) and EOD = Naval Special Warfare. UDT were redesignated into new SEAL and SDV Teams in the early 80's. - Seabees are not NSW. They are engineers. - Parajumpers, Combat Controllers, and Combat Weather Teams are all considered Air Force Special Tactics. - Airborne is not Special Operations. There are numerous groups within these designations. That would require too much typing. Hope this helps. -SARguy
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 6:08:52 AM EDT
Actually the term "Special Operations Capable" doesn't refer to Recon, but to entire Marine Expeditionary Units {MEU(SOC)} It's the Ground Combat Element (Battalion Landing Team) of the MEU that trains for and receives that designation.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 6:17:07 AM EDT
Air Force ParaRescue? Not your typical blow-em-up type of SF, but they do have a pretty unconventional role. Viper Out
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:33:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/17/2001 7:29:30 AM EDT by SARguy]
Thanks for the clarification Major. I knew it was something like that. Viper - SF is Army only. Special Operations refers to all units. -SARguy
Top Top